Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #41
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I guess I'm in the minority, but I prefer the colour on the SS version. This may now become a pass for me.
I'm with you on the SS colours for sure. Match the XM colours better imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post

You don't find it odd that Cap, Thor, Widow and even Hulk all have a comic look with sharp features, and they put a realistic chin and face on Hawkeye?
My thought exactly. Sculpt is awesome as we've come to expect but I prefer that if you're doing a line / series of statues then its good to have a consistent approach so that they look like they belong together. This looks more like a realistic version whereas Cap I don't think would fit in standing side by side (maybe wrong - perhaps someone at XM could post some pics to see how they work together?). I definitely think a switch out head would be good but then again it might not fit the overall look of the piece anyway.

In this instance I prefer the lighter, comic style colours of the SS hawkeye. In fact I actually prefer the SS pose as well but hey, horses for courses everyone has a different one.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:34 PM   #42
built2shred
Phoenix

As someone who has the XM Captain America, he does not look cartoony at all. I have him next to SS Cyclops and Cyclops looks a lot more cartoony then Capt. does...

I think Capt. and Hawkeye will look great next to each other... Capt. will just look younger and clean shaven where as Hawkeye looks more mature and experienced..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #43
khrisc
The X-Men

Now this is perfection!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10442994_1397657937121568_9070116547037905383_o.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	314.8 KB
ID:	85523  
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #44
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Man....I promise I wasn't going to say any comparisons about XM vs. SS in the SS thread.....I didn't say anything about that in the XM thread.

This XM Hawkeye beats the heck out of the SS one. I don't even think its close.

Everything works perfectly. I think some folks had a false impression that Cap looks too cartoony (so to speak), when like others who have him have stated time and time again (like a broken record) Cap does not have a cartoony face!!

Hawkeye has definitely shot up to my #2 most wanted XM statue behind Magneto.

This is all kinds of win, win, win!!!

loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:08 PM   #45
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Man I'm really loving how XM is applying some uniformity into the bases and poses of the Avengers for those wanting to display them in a team setting. Unlike a lot of the Sideshow PFs released over the years these all seem to work extremely well together. I really hope the same care is applied to the X-Men lineup with the Sentinel base tie-in.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:36 PM   #46
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
Now this is perfection!!
Uuuummmm, If I didn't know any better, I would say that you can see the new Black Widow head in the pic with Hawkeye, Cap, Hulk and Black Widow!

Is that the new head? or is mine own eyes deceiving me?

Never mind...I think its the same head from before.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #47
Mister Ski
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Uuuummmm, If I didn't know any better, I would say that you can see the new Black Widow head in the pic with Hawkeye, Cap, Hulk and Black Widow!

Looks like it to me.
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #48
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Doesn't look like it to me, looks like the same as before to me.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #49
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Well there are two different portraits for the Black Widow… if thats what your referring to…. And yeah when you have all the XM Avengers together I'm sure it will look SICK!! Wait till they put the Iron man in there with those, yikes! WIsh i had hundreds of thousands of dollars like i did a few years ago hahahah

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:47 PM   #50
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post

Never mind...I think its the same head from before.
Black Widow is being shown with her old long hair portrait in that picture above, I don't think they have shown the new portrait outside of a few renderings. I'm sure will see a painted prototype soon.

Is BW up for release next or is she after Iron Man 42?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Well there are two different portraits for the Black Widow… if thats what your referring to…. And yeah when you have all the XM Avengers together I'm sure it will look SICK!! Wait till they put the Iron man in there with those, yikes! WIsh i had hundreds of thousands of dollars like i did a few years ago hahahah

Sarah
Just sell some of those PF's you have stored in the garage that your not 100% crazy about, problem solved
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote