Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-22-2021, 12:50 AM   #1431
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

From what I can see they reduced the size of the pupil taking away a bit of that dreamy look...since these are decals they could have paid a bit more attention to that detail. The eyebrow is less defined and they messed with the black liner on the bottom thinning it out. Everything else is on point.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:03 AM   #1432
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Dejah

I superimposed the original proto's eyes over the production piece so everyone can see the slight changes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dejah.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	138690  
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:05 AM   #1433
risingstar
Jedi Order

Looks really nice
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:08 AM   #1434
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
I superimposed the original proto's eyes over the production piece so everyone can see the slight changes.
It’s pretty close. The reduced gold makeup above her eyes does make a difference.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:28 AM   #1435
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
It is a softer look, NM. And it’s a well done softer look. It’s just not what I wanted in her.

I’m still curious to see in hand pics without the Sideshow lighting. Maybe there are some surprises in store and she still has that sassy, sultry, fierce look I wanted.

As for PO vs Proto pieces, I know things change. Sometimes for the better. IMO Silver Surfer and Rogue both turned out better in production than proto (based on pics).
Rare exceptions.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:42 AM   #1436
AC_808
Hercules

I agree. The production piece does have a younger softer look than the proto. But, I like it!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:43 AM   #1437
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:

I do like that about the proto. The gold eye shadow and the eyeliner under the eyes that are more apparent in the proto. But I like the thinner smoother eyebrows on the production piece.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:16 AM   #1438
pdenham
Teen Titans

Apart from the gold eyeshadow and the heavier liner (the absence of which I think may be making the iris look smaller), I notice the brow is thicker and- more significantly- has a sharper accent on the original.

There is also the juxtaposition of the brighter gold adjacent to the dark brow that is further emphasizing it.

That sharper accent is Harbottle making the brow reactive to the finger pushing up on her temple.
That action/reaction is more neutered on the production piece to the point where it almost doesn't register at all.
That purposeful accent makes for a more deliberative, imperious look.

Also the lips on the production piece look more bee stung, whereas the proto are fuller.

Otherwise I think this got admirably close, overall.

I have no skin in this one, but I think the production piece- if that is what you guys are gonna be getting- is still a big win.
Harbottle's mastery of figure work is fully abundant, even if some more subtle nuances in the attitude didn't survive the translation to production.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:25 AM   #1439
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Apart from the gold eyeshadow and the heavier liner (the absence of which I think may be making the iris look smaller), I notice the brow is thicker and- more significantly- has a sharper accent on the original.

There is also the juxtaposition of the brighter gold adjacent to the dark brow that is further emphasizing it.

That sharper accent is Harbottle making the brow reactive to the finger pushing up on her temple.
That action/reaction is more neutered on the production piece to the point where it almost doesn't register at all.
That purposeful accent makes for a more deliberative, imperious look.

Also the lips on the production piece look more bee stung, whereas the proto are fuller.

Otherwise I think this got admirably close, overall.

I have no skin in this one, but I think the production piece- if that is what you guys are gonna be getting- is still a big win.
Harbottle's mastery of figure work is fully abundant, even if some nuances of the attitude didn't survive the translation to production.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:01 AM   #1440
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
The one on the right has superior eye browse. Other than that, i cannot see any difference, other than the level of gold on above the eye lid, which looks better on the one on the left. The one on the right has a better defined black outer corner 'tick' application.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote