Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 02-02-2021, 08:46 PM   #301
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
With the news that we won't be getting any of the Marvel women in 1:1 busts, and with WW sold out, and further Alitas in smaller scales iffy, this bust has become a much safer choice for me as far as possible regrets should something else show up later.
We still have to see Queen Studios's Alita in her doll body, which apparently is still coming, although if I remember correctly that one will be 1:2 or even 1:1. : )
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:34 PM   #302
pdenham
Teen Titans

A half scale would be something to wait for.

Unfortunately, it sounded like they were eyeing a 1:1 full figure- maybe to repurpose any of the busts that remain unsold from the initial run?

And if they don't sell out the busts, the prospect of getting any other scales beyond that would seem to be slim to none.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 12:12 AM   #303
Augen
Metal Men

I likes how they spoke about the silicone and what they know about aging. Apparently the biggest thing is in time it hardens. The amount of time is how well it is cared for. Big thing, don't leave it in direct sunlight! Keeping it in area with good temperature range (so...indoors) helps prolong it's life.

I'm really excited about it and glad to know they have a solid window of Summer 2021 release so hoping in my collection by September or October.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:58 AM   #304
pdenham
Teen Titans

I wonder if there is any kind of solution to keep the silicone supple over time, that won't negatively affect the paint?

Also, when it starts to dry out I wonder how that might affect the integrity of the rooted hair? Being spongy/springy probably goes a long way keeping those fibers securely attached.
Old 02-03-2021, 05:23 PM   #305
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Queen sent out email informing customers that it’s delayed until after Chinese New Year. Hopefully by April/May.
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:23 PM   #306
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I am a weak man. I placed a preorder with Spec Fiction. I still hope a 1/2 or 1/3 scale full berserker body is done. But FOMO hit so, full scale Alita bust will be mine. Just where to put her?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 02:10 AM   #307
pdenham
Teen Titans

Congrats. She looks like she's gonna be a knockout.

I was literally just looking at a BTS effects featurette from movie two minutes ago, right before I logged on and saw the bump.

That crew got robbed of an Academy Award. She was/is a phenomenal tech achievement.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:46 AM   #308
Augen
Metal Men

I know the odds of a sequel are slim, but those effects were so good even if Salazar is much older they can keep her appearance in line as Alita. Keeping the dream alive, the fact people are dropping big money on a bust of her shows fn base there
Old 03-17-2021, 05:12 AM   #309
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I know the odds of a sequel are slim, but those effects were so good even if Salazar is much older they can keep her appearance in line as Alita. Keeping the dream alive, the fact people are dropping big money on a bust of her shows fn base there
That's true. There's a little more latitude with this property than some others.

With Disney owning Fox now, it's even possible they could mine this license for more Disney+ content.
It wouldn't be my first choice of venue, but I'd just be happy to get more live action material any way I could.

As for the bust- one thing this should have in it's favor over the WW busts is the shorter hair. Getting that element tuned in right on those is going to take a little skill.
Alita's shorter hair should be much closer out of the box and overall easier to maintain.

At least I hope .
Old 03-17-2021, 08:59 AM   #310
Augen
Metal Men

That's a good point about hair length and style being easier to maintain. Everything this far is encouraging she will be amazing.