Old 08-23-2020, 09:54 PM   #61
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Wow, Mera looks stunning🤩
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:46 PM   #62
Comicbookguy
Hercules

These always looks great! No doubt about that. Just wished they would stop reissuing these over and over again.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 02:46 AM   #63
built2shred
Phoenix

blah another G rated Bishoujo...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:13 AM   #64
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Perfect for me!

The details and texturing helps break up the solid color and I like seeing the base appear to be solid while being dynamic and adding to the theme.

Terrific work Kotobukiya!
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 01:50 PM   #65
Raven_Roth
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I like everything except the texture, tbh. The base is great. The hair is amazing, I love how it goes around her arm. The color palette is nice. Really dig the pose, too.

The texture just looks weird, to me. Maybe it'd look better in person.

She's also very modestly endowed for a bishoujo.
Raven_Roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:17 PM   #66
dechirico7
The Flash

I am not loving the suit textures either. They don't say Mera" at all, imo. It should have been more scale-like.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 10:20 AM   #67
Augen
Metal Men

Old 08-25-2020, 06:47 PM   #68
diegocollects
Doh!

The Mera statue looks gorgeous! I’m satisfied with how the sculptor handled the hair. In the original artwork, it almost appears as if she’s wearing a bump-it. The extra volume of hair at the nape and fringe is much appreciated. The extra volume in those areas help balance the rest of her hair and keep it from looking too “teased”. I also appreciate that the blush aspect of her make-up is more restrained. Her lipstick is a stronger red, which makes her appear more mature as well, which works for Mera.

My only real gripe with this statue is the texture for her outfit, particularly in the leg area. Those vertical lines are not the most pleasing to look at. I would’ve preferred something more subtle like in the original art. Other than that, it’s a gorgeous piece, and I definitely plan on adding it to my collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
I was exaggerating of course, but $130 is still too rich for my blood for a 1/8th (and yes, if you look at the recent releases I do mean 1/8th) scale PVC statue.
You’re not wrong about the scale size. To be frank, Kotobukiya’s Bishoujo statues were never really 1:7 scale. I would say they’re actually 1:8. The first Bishoujos that were released (Black Widow, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Phoenix, Psylocke, Emma Frost) were all advertised as being 1:8, but they’re actually 1:10.

Above you have the Emma Frost and Rogue bishoujos standing next to their ARTFX+ counterparts (which are correctly advertised as 1:10 scale). As you can see, they are the exact same size.

Most Bishoujos that have been released since the oldest ones have been made in 1:8 scale. The only one I would consider to be actually 1:7 would be Squirrel Girl. Squirrel Girl is noticeably larger than the other Bishoujos. Perhaps they made her bigger to compensate for her rather compact pose.

Here you have Invisible Woman and Dark Phoenix, one of the oldest and one of the newest Bishoujos, respectively. Both are in the same scale, and share the same proportions.

When compared to Squirrel Girl, they are noticeably smaller (despite Squirrel Girl’s kneeling pose).

Of course, there will be some Bishoujos that are naturally shorter or taller. For example, Jubilee is a naturally short character whereas She-Hulk is naturally tall. They are both in the same scale, but She-Hulk is much taller. You wouldn't want Jubilee to be the same height as She-Hulk as that would look very uncharacteristic.

As for this new Mera, I believe she’ll be in the same scale that the most recent Bishoujos have been released in: 1:8 scale. She’ll probably be around the same size as Zatanna and Raven.

NOTE: I know I kinda went off on a tangent, but I do wish more people discussed the discrepancies between scaling sizes for Bishoujo statues.
diegocollects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 02:27 PM   #69
Augen
Metal Men

Does Mera have a key seam on her upper quad?
Old 09-14-2020, 10:23 PM   #70
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

That seam looks awful!
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote