Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-30-2011, 10:38 AM   #31
cblakey1
Cyclops

So now I'm grounded til next week. Turns out the rain we've been having turned my paper license plate into soup. Now I'm waiting for the dealer to send me a new one.

Pisses me off that they can't just transfer tags on the spot.

While I'm on the subject of tags, does anyone know if they make some kind of tag holder for the front of cars that clip on or something like that? I have the OEM tag holder for the front but don't want to drill holes in the bumper. In VA it's a law that you need front tags and putting the tag in the window is unacceptable. Are there any alternative mounts that you know of?
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:05 PM   #32
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblakey1 View Post
So now I'm grounded til next week. Turns out the rain we've been having turned my paper license plate into soup. Now I'm waiting for the dealer to send me a new one.

Pisses me off that they can't just transfer tags on the spot.

While I'm on the subject of tags, does anyone know if they make some kind of tag holder for the front of cars that clip on or something like that? I have the OEM tag holder for the front but don't want to drill holes in the bumper. In VA it's a law that you need front tags and putting the tag in the window is unacceptable. Are there any alternative mounts that you know of?
When I got mine in 2008 the dealership had a few different ones to choose from and I got this one. Like you I really didn't want to drill holes in the bumper but living in NY you don't have much of a choice.

My dealer who was a young guy suggested not to do it and keep it in the dash. I said I am so sure that would lead to too many tickets. Anyway believe it or not some dude 4 blocks away from me got the same exact SRT8 as I did last year ! ( I was like Geez he couldn't have at least got a different color ! lol) anyway he did not have a plate on the front. His house is on the way I walk to the bus stop. My girlfriend works nights and walked by his house and he was telling a neighbor he is having such trouble with getting tickets he has it hooked in the front grill now with a home made rigging it looks terrible.

Anyway hope this helps, feel free to take this picture to the dealer for reference.

Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:01 PM   #33
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post
When I got mine in 2008 the dealership had a few different ones to choose from and I got this one. Like you I really didn't want to drill holes in the bumper but living in NY you don't have much of a choice.

My dealer who was a young guy suggested not to do it and keep it in the dash. I said I am so sure that would lead to too many tickets. Anyway believe it or not some dude 4 blocks away from me got the same exact SRT8 as I did last year ! ( I was like Geez he couldn't have at least got a different color ! lol) anyway he did not have a plate on the front. His house is on the way I walk to the bus stop. My girlfriend works nights and walked by his house and he was telling a neighbor he is having such trouble with getting tickets he has it hooked in the front grill now with a home made rigging it looks terrible.

Anyway hope this helps, feel free to take this picture to the dealer for reference.
Cool ride!

Yeah, that's the same one I have. The dealer says the enthusiasts choose to leave it off and since the dealer is in MD and serves PA and DE where you don't need 'em on the front, they leave it off.

Alot of friends told me to leave it off until the first ticket because lots of folks here in VA don't have 'em. I figure if it's a $40.00 ticket and no points on my license, that isn't such a big deal. However, the first ticket I get will have me putting it on.

Another thing that sucks about the mount is you can't put a plate cover and metal frame on it and secure it with all four screw holes. You have to cut out the plate holding slots on the top and put in additional holes to secure it on the top.

On your mount, was it mounted to the bumper with only the top two screws or top and bottom?
Old 04-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #34
Alex655321

Quote:
Cool ride!

Yeah, that's the same one I have. The dealer says the enthusiasts choose to leave it off and since the dealer is in MD and serves PA and DE where you don't need 'em on the front, they leave it off.

Alot of friends told me to leave it off until the first ticket because lots of folks here in VA don't have 'em. I figure if it's a $40.00 ticket and no points on my license, that isn't such a big deal. However, the first ticket I get will have me putting it on.

Another thing that sucks about the mount is you can't put a plate cover and metal frame on it and secure it with all four screw holes. You have to cut out the plate holding slots on the top and put in additional holes to secure it on the top.

On your mount, was it mounted to the bumper with only the top two screws or top and bottom?

Thanks, I remember when I first got it in 2008 I was one of the first to get one and I couldn't get gas without getting stuck at the station answering questions about it.

My favorite car I have ever owned bar none.

As far as the front mount I really don't know I couldn't watch them drill the holes to put it on so I went back into the dealership while they did it.

I will look at it later to see if I can figure out how they did it.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:10 AM   #35
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Thanks, I remember when I first got it in 2008 I was one of the first to get one and I couldn't get gas without getting stuck at the station answering questions about it.

My favorite car I have ever owned bar none.

As far as the front mount I really don't know I couldn't watch them drill the holes to put it on so I went back into the dealership while they did it.

I will look at it later to see if I can figure out how they did it.
Well, my dealer was gonna do it but they didn't have a drill. Looked like they were just going to screw into the dimples.

So, in the 3+ years you've had it, have you had any trouble with it?

Consumer reports rates it low on reliability, high on customer satisfaction, and second to worst on repairs (customer cost).

'Course stupid me consulted Consumer Reports after buying it.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #36
Meta Jon
Daredevil

holy crap that is a sweet ride!
Meta Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #37
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Love her!!
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #38
Alex655321

Quote:
Well, my dealer was gonna do it but they didn't have a drill. Looked like they were just going to screw into the dimples.

So, in the 3+ years you've had it, have you had any trouble with it?

Consumer reports rates it low on reliability, high on customer satisfaction, and second to worst on repairs (customer cost).

'Course stupid me consulted Consumer Reports after buying it.
Damn what a crazy dealership !

I really dig the car, and in the 3 years I have had the car (I only have 8,500 miles on her ) the battery went. I had her sitting for the winter and should have started her up more often I guess, but it still seemed odd that a car this new the battery would go.

Also the push button start did not recognize the keychain to start so I had to remove the button and insert the keychain right into the button area to start the car. Then I went to the dealership for a replacement.

Other than that no problems at all, but at the same time with only 8,500 miles it kinda hard go guage.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #39
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Damn what a crazy dealership !
HA! No kidding.

Quote:
I really dig the car, and in the 3 years I have had the car (I only have 8,500 miles on her ) the battery went. I had her sitting for the winter and should have started her up more often I guess, but it still seemed odd that a car this new the battery would go.
That is pretty weird. 'Course I guess it does need starting every now and again.

My friend who has the same one as yours said he was pulled over by a cop for speeding and the cop didn't give him a ticket because he said the car was too cool. Doubt I'd have that luck.

Quote:
Also the push button start did not recognize the keychain to start so I had to remove the button and insert the keychain right into the button area to start the car. Then I went to the dealership for a replacement.
So that's how the push button thing works? Is the button easy to remove? Do you need tools? The button start was the one thing I didn't like about the car. I dig the whole keyless entry thing though.. and the locking button on the exterior handles.

Quote:
Other than that no problems at all, but at the same time with only 8,500 miles it kinda hard go guage.
True. 'Course I have a short commute and usually use my wife's car for errands and trips, so it could be three years before I see anything.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #40
Alex655321

Quote:

That is pretty weird. 'Course I guess it does need starting every now and again.

My friend who has the same one as yours said he was pulled over by a cop for speeding and the cop didn't give him a ticket because he said the car was too cool. Doubt I'd have that luck.
I got lucky like that when I got the 2005 GT Mustang I was one the early people who got theirs first and the cop wanted me to open the hood and get a tour of the car so he said he couldn't give me a ticket ! lol
Quote:
So that's how the push button thing works? Is the button easy to remove? Do you need tools? The button start was the one thing I didn't like about the car. I dig the whole keyless entry thing though.. and the locking button on the exterior handles.
Very easy you can do it with your finger. Trust me its easier than you think. It pops right out and goes back in even easier.

I really like the pushbutton start.