Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 06-28-2019, 06:12 PM   #71
Featherfootdave
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I've not been collecting that long, but definitely glad I got in when I did. With prices popping along at this rate, the only folks in this game will be those with real resources at hand.

Guess the companies have made that calculation, or been forced to, given rising labor costs, tariff issues, shipping, shrinking markets (?) etc. Time will tell on how all that shakes out.

In any case, will be getting the Deluxe as well. Looks great, love the light ups and paint. Not sure I'd display the RDJ head though I do think it's a pretty good likeness.
Featherfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:14 PM   #72
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I don't usually gripe on price too much but this one is overpriced....I was looking forward to it too. Debating on the Regular version....but even so at $900.00 it's a tough sell.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:15 PM   #73
NotGwen
Justice League

Seeing that price has made me lose all interest. Bummer.
NotGwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:41 PM   #74
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Not surprised on the comments on price here, given the reaction on this particular forum when their Endgame Thanos went up.

Imo the pricing for the Regular isn’t surprising given the Mark 46 was $800. Which of course was seriously overpriced at the time, but I do wish they had kept the same price, just as their Regular Endgame Thanos was the same as the IW Thanos. And because of the interchangeable torso, the $300 price premium isn’t too surprising either.

I just wish that the backpack was an interchangeable part rather than the whole upper torso to keep the price down. But they did the exact same thing with their 1/10 scale piece, so again the method used isn’t too surprising if you gave it some thought.

But because it is a whole upper torso, I do wish they provided a display stand so you could display it like a bust. As it would’ve created instant value for a lot of collectors where you could display not only the upper torso but the other head. Because as it is, it’s going to be a pain to find a place to safely store it nearby, which isn’t the styrofoam box (as I never leave anything in them).
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:43 PM   #75
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Then just get the Regular for $900 USD.
Yeah, that’s a better price, but it’s like hearing the weather man say you’re getting 3” of accumulation in an ice storm instead of 6”.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:50 PM   #76
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Yeah, that’s a better price, but it’s like hearing the weather man say you’re getting 3” of accumulation in an ice storm instead of 6”.
As I’m not familiar with weather like that, I’m assuming you mean that it’s still a high price anyway, so it doesn’t really change anything for you?
Old 06-28-2019, 08:05 PM   #77
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
As I’m not familiar with weather like that, I’m assuming you mean that it’s still a high price anyway, so it doesn’t really change anything for you?
Yeah pretty much. I’m getting Cap holding Mjolnir. He’s pricey too IMO, but it’s Cap. I like Iron Man but he’s not on Cap’s level. Now if the Cap statue wasn’t great then I would seriously consider IM. Now, Fat Thor?......no way.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:25 PM   #78
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Yeah pretty much. I’m getting Cap holding Mjolnir. He’s pricey too IMO, but it’s Cap. I like Iron Man but he’s not on Cap’s level. Now if the Cap statue wasn’t great then I would seriously consider IM. Now, Fat Thor?......no way.
I’m getting them all, but that’s just because I’m a sucker for MCU pieces.

While I loved Cap in Endgame, in the MCU my favourite character has always been Iron Man. I just can’t seem to get enough. Just in 1/4 scale, I already have Iron Studios Mark 43, 46, Sideshows Mark 3, Hot Toys Mark 43, and I’ll be topping that up with Hot Toys Mark 3 and the above Mark 85.

Though honestly I don’t know if it’s because of my OCD to collect them all or because it’s potentially the last representation of my favourite character before his ‘death’.

And I know what you mean regarding Fat Thor. I detested how the character was physically portrayed continuously throughout the entire film. I read it was because Chris Hemsworth pushed for it, that the fat body was kept for the entire film, whereas originally he was supposed to revert in the original script. I thought the repeated lingering camera shots of his gut was cheap and lazy. Once or twice okay, but it got old for me real quick.
Old 06-28-2019, 08:33 PM   #79
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

No Nano Gauntlet switchout? What a joke.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:36 PM   #80
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
No Nano Gauntlet switchout? What a joke.
So everyone has been saying....except for me, primarily because of the current pose.

And we’ve yet to see a single accurate representation from any licensed collectable manufacturer.

And even if they did include one, they probably would’ve gone the lazy route like Hot Toys.