Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-20-2018, 10:11 AM   #231
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yeah the paint is pretty bad. I’m kind of shocked. Chronicle has never had anything this bad. If I heard correctly, they changed or are changing factories, so hopefully that’s a good sign. I have the LW male raptor bust paid off and it better turn out. I have faith in it because I think on a larger piece it’ll be easier to paint, but now I’m nervous. My JP female raptor bust is amazing, so...here’s hoping.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #232
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekson View Post
Well, I guess we can't blame CC or be unsatisfied, they told us this could happen, right?
Big difference between paints changing and just a bad paint job.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:38 AM   #233
Twon91
Doh!

"I'm Bleen, dabba dee dabba die"
Twon91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:00 PM   #234
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Joke aside regarding my previous post about the paintjob... Let's be realistic, this is very complicated paintjob for both Owen and Blue. It takes serious effort to capture the likeness of the human at that scale and sometimes it's easier to paint bigger pieces.
However, what constantly keep surprising me is that with present technology of 3D scanning and printing, CC fails to deliver nice dinosaur sculpt. I've examined the prototype photos and this has nothing to do with bad casting. The model looks flat, it lacks skin texture. Damn, some smaller and cheaper toys have better texture
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:49 AM   #235
Twon91
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekson View Post
Joke aside regarding my previous post about the paintjob... Let's be realistic, this is very complicated paintjob for both Owen and Blue. It takes serious effort to capture the likeness of the human at that scale and sometimes it's easier to paint bigger pieces.
However, what constantly keep surprising me is that with present technology of 3D scanning and printing, CC fails to deliver nice dinosaur sculpt. I've examined the prototype photos and this has nothing to do with bad casting. The model looks flat, it lacks skin texture. Damn, some smaller and cheaper toys have better texture
I have a $30 raptor figure from Rebor that looks way more accurate than this lol.
Twon91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 06:19 PM   #236
Giu3232
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twon91 View Post
I have a $30 raptor figure from Rebor that looks way more accurate than this lol.
Here is the kind of painting you can get on a 30USD papo Trex
Giu3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:38 PM   #237
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Here's a shot i took of my Papo Blue Raptor and Trex.

Are they the most amazing paints? No. But the Raptor was £6 ($10) & the Rex was £15 ($20) so are they the most amazing paints for their price range. Very much so YES.

Now compare this to the $400 Owen & Blue....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:36 PM   #238
tidus
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
This is sad because i love CC but after my pachy and tlw raptor, no more jp pieces from them.
Wasn't the pachy one of the best painted pieces or something? Same factory as JP1 raptor bust? That's what people were saying.
tidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 06:15 PM   #239
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus View Post
Wasn't the pachy one of the best painted pieces or something? Same factory as JP1 raptor bust? That's what people were saying.
The Pachy was beautiful, as is my female raptor bust. It’s unfortunate that they can’t seem to get that factory to perform consistently.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:07 AM   #240
Airnoname
Fantastic Four

Well, no official response from Chronicle yet. No comments on this piece, no explaination, no apology, nothing.

I really wonder why Chronicle have courage to ship this $400 piece out like this without make things right first. If you see it comes out this bad, should improve/correct thing before shipping them put even if the release date will be postponed. (Some company will do)

This type of product hurt Chronicle’s reputation so hard and how can future customers trust what Rotunda Rex gonna turn out to be?

Thanks for making my statue becomes a joke lol.
Airnoname is offline   Reply With Quote