Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 12-06-2019, 10:29 AM   #51
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypaul View Post
Okay, so here’s what I’m talking about. Supergirl’s straight leg is about 6 inches. Harley’s straight leg is closer to 5 inches. If we extrapolate that ratio to full body height and assume Harley is 5’4”, which is around average height for a woman, that would make Supergirl 6’5”!
heypaul, you have to add up the measurements of the legs, torso, and neck/head area. Not everyone has the same torso/legs proportions. Also, statue scale is based on dividing 72 inches (6 feet), not by assuming that Harley Quinn is the same height as the average woman.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=166084
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:04 PM   #52
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

If anyone goes to Cedar Park, TX, Titan Moon Comics has 35% off all statues, and 50% off their clearance ones witch included several DC items, Supergirl and Ms. Marvel Bishoujos, and some Koto ArtFx ones. I had them all or I'd have snatched them up.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:37 AM   #53
heypaul
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
heypaul, you have to add up the measurements of the legs, torso, and neck/head area. Not everyone has the same torso/legs proportions. Also, statue scale is based on dividing 72 inches (6 feet), not by assuming that Harley Quinn is the same height as the average woman.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=166084
I only did the legs because they were both completely straight and easiest to directly compare. I’ve attached full body measurements. It’s basically 9.75 inches for Supergirl versus not even 9 inches for Harley if measuring from her foot through the side center line of her leg up to her head. The way I’m holding the measuring tape in the photos is actually from foot to butt, then base of seat to head, so it actually double counts part of her leg and she’s actually closer to 8.75 inches. It’s almost a 1 inch difference, which is pretty massive for 1/7 scale. If you visually compare how they look next to one another, it’s even more apparent because you see how much thicker Supergirl’s arms and thighs are next to Harley’s. I almost posted a photo of this, with Harley bent over in front of Supergirl, before I realized how unintentionally scandalous it looked.

I promise, I’m not just yanking your chain. Remember how Wonder Woman was bigger than the other DC Icons statues, despite being the same scale? I think it’s kind of the same deal here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BA702FEC-DA9D-4433-AA84-73CA0A65151C.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	127388   Click image for larger version

Name:	B3A1A023-170B-4A2B-8A15-CCEAC306EFB0.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	127389   Click image for larger version

Name:	1DF4593E-ADA4-4FBE-AB68-EB0553557BB5.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	127390  
heypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:43 AM   #54
heypaul
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
If anyone goes to Cedar Park, TX, Titan Moon Comics has 35% off all statues, and 50% off their clearance ones witch included several DC items, Supergirl and Ms. Marvel Bishoujos, and some Koto ArtFx ones. I had them all or I'd have snatched them up.
Nice! I'll have to check that out. Do you remember if they had Magik from the X-Men ArtFX+ line or Hulk from the Avengers one? I know they're both kind of old, but Austin Books & Comics still has a Magik that hasn't moved, so here's to hoping.

Edit: Should've waited until after I looked on Google Maps to post. There were two photos of their statue shelves, from 2016 and 2018. Looks like they had those lines in 2016 but not 2018, so probably long gone now, but I'll probably still go check it out. Thanks for the tip!
heypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:41 AM   #55
built2shred
Phoenix

Use a cloth tape to measure statues, that way it can follow the angles and be more accurate.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:35 AM   #56
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypaul View Post
Nice! I'll have to check that out. Do you remember if they had Magik from the X-Men ArtFX+ line or Hulk from the Avengers one? I know they're both kind of old, but Austin Books & Comics still has a Magik that hasn't moved, so here's to hoping.

Edit: Should've waited until after I looked on Google Maps to post. There were two photos of their statue shelves, from 2016 and 2018. Looks like they had those lines in 2016 but not 2018, so probably long gone now, but I'll probably still go check it out. Thanks for the tip!
They did not have Magik, but there was a Captain Marvel for sure, a Scarlet Witch, and a Koto Black Panther but I'm not 100% if was an FX series. They are newer ones, not from the X-men group. I did't get a chance to snap a pic or I would have for everyone's reference.

There were a few different Hulk statues and some giant Thors on the clearance table, but I'm not as familiar with the guys pieces, so I can't tell you which ones, sorry I know that's not helpful. Might be worth a trek over there, they had a good variety in the 50% off sale. Some were originally priced near $300 like the Thor I glanced at.

EDIT: It *is* an ArtFx Black Panther, I just had to look it up again.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote