Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-06-2014, 12:45 PM   #11
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by keewan View Post
This feels like the Creative Licence Wolverine from the 90s because of the base. I feel that the face lack intensity. Like Hulk this one looks good from some angle, not so good from some other angle.
yes, it does. the masked face is really good.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:02 PM   #12
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

The veins in the arms look great, and the cowl looks great folded behind the head in the unmasked version, but I agree that the face needs work. It is too calm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keewan View Post
I will help. This feels like the Creative Licence Wolverine from the 90s because of the base. I feel that the face lack intensity. Like Hulk this one looks good from some angle, not so good from some other angle.
Thanks keewan, I updated the main image with these larger ones.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #13
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
That's what you have SS for...

Nobody is going to pay $800 for museum poses on boring bases that just have the Avengers or X-Men logo on it.
Thank you for speaking up on this as I was just about to.

I don't get some of the comments sometimes? I agree 100% with what you said. If you want boring poses (hmm hmm SS Jean Gray for instance.....Lawd have mercy) buy the SS stuff. Leave the extensive exciting and toned up poses and statues for the XM peeps!

I want statues with some excitement and extra options (not just a print or a 2" teeny weeny butter knife like on the SS Black Widow PF).

There's a place for all kinds of statues, but I can't stand when others start infringing on a company's style. And what makes it worse, people that make these comments had no intentions of buying the product to begin with.

JM2C!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #14
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Thank you for speaking up on this as I was just about to.

I don't get some of the comments sometimes? I agree 100% with what you said. If you want boring poses (hmm hmm SS Jean Gray for instance.....Lawd have mercy) buy the SS stuff. Leave the extensive exciting and toned up poses and statues for the XM peeps!

I want statues with some excitement and extra options (not just a print or a 2" teeny weeny butter knife like on the SS Black Widow PF).

There's a place for all kinds of statues, but I can't stand when others start infringing on a company's style. And what makes it worse, people that make these comments had no intentions of buying the product to begin with.

JM2C!
eeeeyaaaaaaa

Wolverine looks the best of the bunch, but these are pretty wild. Wild in the sense that it seems each and every piece has an entirely different feel.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #15
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
eeeeyaaaaaaa

Wolverine looks the best of the bunch, but these are pretty wild. Wild in the sense that it seems each and every piece has an entirely different feel.
Seems like they're trying to tell a story with each piece, you have the Avengers with the torn up NYC bases that connect with each other, then you got the X-Men bases of destroyed sentinels they just did battle with.

I think the only museum piece they have is the Iron Man Movie one..

Anyways XM is defiantly adding some excitement to the statue community...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:32 PM   #16
wolverinejedi007
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

will there be a brown version???
wolverinejedi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:30 PM   #17
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

One of my most anticipated pieces from XM studios, I am starting to save funds for this statue, magneto, phoenix and other soon to be released X-MEN characters, I cannot have all of their statues, though all look phenomenal so far, so I will focus on their X-men pieces.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:50 AM   #18
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
One of my most anticipated pieces from XM studios, I am starting to save funds for this statue, magneto, phoenix and other soon to be released X-MEN characters, I cannot have all of their statues, though all look phenomenal so far, so I will focus on their X-men pieces.
You and me both! Their Xmen statues look a lot more interesting too (cooler poses and bases). Now we just need some dio statues and action scenes.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:42 AM   #19
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Sorry to say...but Wolverine should be a short and stocky character.....I don't see that in this sculpt.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #20
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Sorry to say...but Wolverine should be a short and stocky character.....I don't see that in this sculpt.
seriously how much shorter and stockier can he get, such a hater...
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote