Coming in today. Yeah!
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:48 AM   #22
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Coming in today. Yeah!
My HQ is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday 9th August, providing there's no hold up at customs.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:28 AM   #23
ukshaun
Hercules

Harley arrived today
There was a $78.87 FedEx import charge
$15.57 of which comes under 'additional charge' ?

Harley represents my first Hot Toys figure (i have Princess Leia on order also). The figure has two issues

1. The fishnet over Harley's left knee looks a bit of a mess.
2. Without using any force, on moving Harley's pink pigtail, it sheared off. I've seen how robust they should be, having watched various unboxing videos on YouTube.

I've contacted SideShow for their support. Given the cost of the figure, I'd rather have a replacement.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #24
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Sorry to hear about the breakage. I've taken mine out to do a quick inspection. I had no problems articulating the ponytails. To keep guings close to scale Hot Toys figures can be fragile. I bent a metal buckle on my Sandtrooper and had to gently bend it back. The metal buckle was so thin it woukd easily fatigue and break if bent too much.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:29 AM   #25
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the breakage. I've taken mine out to do a quick inspection. I had no problems articulating the ponytails. To keep guings close to scale Hot Toys figures can be fragile. I bent a metal buckle on my Sandtrooper and had to gently bend it back. The metal buckle was so thin it woukd easily fatigue and break if bent too much.
The ball-joint part appears to be glued into the head (or held in with paint). Sideshow offered 2 options:
(the 3rd option was my suggestion, which Sideshow are happy to go with)

1. $25 worth of points
2. Return the figure for a refund.
3. Wait 5 weeks for a new head+pigtail

I've gone with option 3 as i want the figure, and $25 worth of points is of little use.

As for the messed-up fishnet over Harley's left knee, no comment was made.
It's just one of those things. I can live with the issue.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:13 AM   #26
BurningRage
Inhumans

A chunk of fishnets from her thigh was ripped and stuck to the top plastic cover tray. I have to wait 4-5 weeks for a new body.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:54 PM   #27
ukshaun
Hercules

Hot Toys - Harley Quinn (figure)

Arrived some weeks ago. There was some damage to one of the pigtails (sheered off). Sideshow replaced the broken part as fast as they could. Thank you Sideshow.

I collect statues, not figures. Being a fan of Margot Robbie during Suicide Squad, could not pass up the opportunity to obtaining the Hot Toys Harley Quinn figure.

I have to admit, the figure looks impressive. Harley’s eye’s are glossy perfection. Her hair has a sheen to it. The various tiny gold parts shine like metal. The fishnets can only be described as a tough rubber substance. Harley’s switch-out hands are made from flexible rubber. Unlike a statue, much time was required working on a pose, which exposed some limitations - like not being able to get Harley’s left boot to sit flat on the ground. Other than Harley’s slightly odd look knee joints, every other aspect works well.

The photo’s are some quick out of the box shots, shot using a Sony Cyber-shot 7.2 mega pixels.
Using auto focus. No tripod. No flash, just room light. Since its dark outside. Might shoot some natural daylight photo’s some other time.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:34 AM   #28
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I've heard it is kind of tight getting word wristbands on. Mine is still in the box where she'll remain until i can get my "library" room organized and display my boxed Hot Toys.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:51 AM   #29
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
I've heard it is kind of tight getting word wristbands on. Mine is still in the box where she'll remain until i can get my "library" room organized and display my boxed Hot Toys.
Both wristbands are tight to get on. I doubt i'll remove them, as they'll probably drag paint off. The spiked gold wrist bands are also tight. Pulling the hands off takes a lot of effort also. Given the wrist band situation, i'll probably leave the HQ jacket in the wrapper.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:29 AM   #30
ukshaun
Hercules

Hot Toys - Harley Quinn (figure)

I couple of daylight photos. The rear shot came out nice and sharp.
Just spotted, i forgot to add the pair of rounds to Harley's shoulder holster.