Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-30-2022, 01:00 AM   #21
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
It's actually a creator owned company called Kaos Masons out of Montreal, Canada who approached XM to partner up for distribution.
Sorry, I appreciate that.

Maybe I should rephrase my point - I like that we're seeing companies tackle concepts and characters that aren't from the usual I.P's making the rounds - Star Wars, Marvel, D.C., Alien, Terminator and Predator.....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 04:16 AM   #22
Asgard
Deadman

For an unlicensed statue I think the price is a bit too high.

Since the other statues will only be available in the coming months, their price will probably be even higher
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 05:53 AM   #23
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
For an unlicensed statue I think the price is a bit too high.

Since the other statues will only be available in the coming months, their price will probably be even higher
It's not an unlicensed statue. An unlicensed statue is a statue of a given I.P, that is produced without a licence agreement....technically illegal.
Old 10-30-2022, 06:04 AM   #24
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"Collectors can choose between 2 head switch-outs. The first one features War with a wideopen jaw, exuding a strong rage as he stares forward into the battlefield. With this switch-out, you can almost hear his grating battle-thirsty roar as he charges forward, ready to pounce on the humans. The second one features War with an angry and vicious gaze, along with clenched teeth, lending him the air of a seasoned general leading his troops to battle."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 07:22 AM   #25
Asgard
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
It's not an unlicensed statue. An unlicensed statue is a statue of a given I.P, that is produced without a licence agreement....technically illegal.
I didn't mean it like that.
By unlicensed I mean like Sideshow Court of the Dead. No additional money has to be paid for example to DC like when a Batman is sold.
Perhaps unlicensed is the wrong term for what I mean.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 09:44 AM   #26
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Sorry, I appreciate that.

Maybe I should rephrase my point - I like that we're seeing companies tackle concepts and characters that aren't from the usual I.P's making the rounds - Star Wars, Marvel, D.C., Alien, Terminator and Predator.....
I agree with you, PCS is doing some cool stuff, even though I see complaints sometimes about their factory paint, sideshow used to have my favorite COTD and then they just quit
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 12:07 PM   #27
AC_808
Hercules

IMO, it's very hard to sell expensive statues of characters that many collectors don't have connections to. This hobby of buying collectibles is predicated on characters that we've read about or watched on TV for years.

With new IPs, the statue (and character, for that matter) has to be very compelling. And can not be expensive. You'd want to build a fan base first. You can't build a fan base if collectors are already turned off by the price and shipping cost.

Sideshow tried with COTD as their own IP. The price was just as expensive as Marvel and DC statues. And it did not garner a huge fan base.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 12:13 PM   #28
Mister H
Gen 13

I love this and the Grim Reaper they have coming. These would go well with some items from Manas Sum but I don’t need to add yet another theme to my office. Regrettably have to pass on these.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 01:29 PM   #29
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
IMO, it's very hard to sell expensive statues of characters that many collectors don't have connections to. This hobby of buying collectibles is predicated on characters that we've read about or watched on TV for years.

With new IPs, the statue (and character, for that matter) has to be very compelling. And can not be expensive. You'd want to build a fan base first. You can't build a fan base if collectors are already turned off by the price and shipping cost.

Sideshow tried with COTD as their own IP. The price was just as expensive as Marvel and DC statues. And it did not garner a huge fan base.
While I agree with most of what your saying, as far as the COTD they seemed to have a good following going, statues like Malavestros, Relic Ravlatch etc... sold out as fast as some big 3 pieces I've watched, but for some reason they decided after 3 or 4 years they had created Spiderman or Batman and started making anything and everything besides statues, they should have kept focus on what collectors wanted, those pieces were not really expensive compared to these 4 horseman pieces, which will be hard sells at roughly 2000 a piece
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 01:38 PM   #30
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post

In this case, XM are doing it right. Obviously, based on the prototype - they're doing a high quality piece, with low ES. They're not flooding the market like Sideshow did with their super high ES, and that makes a big difference.

These statues aren't intended to be mass sellers - they're for people looking for something unique. Based on that they could be very successful.