Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 12-03-2022, 01:50 PM   #121
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'm even wondering if it could be displayed without the cape. I don't think it looks cheap, I'm just not a fan of capes in general.

How does it stack up against the competition? Well, it's impossible to say for sure, as the competition are still in prototype. That said, this production piece is blowing the P1 prototype out of the water. It's a close call between QS and JND - but that bogeyman "price" - is pushing QS to the front of the race.

No silicone - which means, zero longevity worries......I know, we've kinda laid the silicone fear to rest, but....I'm human, every time I plonk a couple grand down on the table, I wonder if I'm buying a future pile of degrading refuse......this takes that background noise away.

For someone like me, who likes the base - this is becoming the no-brainer choice....
I guess cheap is the wrong word, but I definitely don?t like how it drapes. I?d rather it not be pose-able . I don?t like seeing wrinkles in it either. I also wonder if the cape can be removed or not, hard to tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Since you ask, P1's unmasked head sculpt looks excellent to me, at least in its prototype form.

I really dislike both QS's and JND's unmasked portraits.
I also think Prime is the best, then QS, JND. JND being 3k is definitely out as far as me getting that one. Prime has the best unmasked, but the stiffness of the pose bothers me, especially since I will be getting the Keaton Bats. I don?t want two Bats with almost the same stiff pose right next to each other. That works better for Keaton.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 02:27 PM   #122
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Prime has the best unmasked, but the stiffness of the pose bothers me, especially since I will be getting the Keaton Bats. I don?t want two Bats with almost the same stiff pose right next to each other. That works better for Keaton.
But that's mostly how Pattinson was in the movie, too, even though he wasn't limited by his suit. It's actually the other thing I think Prime 1 nailed here - the demeanor on the statue reminds me of him quietly staying in the background, brooding, observing, analyzing.

The heroic stance on Queen's, conversely, is the other thing on theirs that puts me off.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 07:19 PM   #123
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

The base on p1 is way better too, whether you like queen's or not. Will P1's look like the proto though?
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 07:43 PM   #124
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
The base on p1 is way better too, whether you like queen's or not. Will P1's look like the proto though?
That's the million dollar question, but probably not.

Most pieces drop in quality, from prototype to production. Even JND isn't immune to this, as their pieces have been having hiccups here and there (especially in their hair department).

But Prime 1 doesn't benefit from the advantages/shortcuts that silicone can provide, so they'll probably suffer from the greatest decrease in quality.

However even without silicone, Queen has proven with their resin pieces that they can produce some excellent production pieces, but they can have their misses too.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 11:35 AM   #125
Irenicus
The Spirit

The new cowl looks amazing. The suit also looks great.

The base and the cape are the major flaws of this piece. Not for me, but definitely superior to P1.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 08:09 AM   #126
Shoo
Hercules

Singapore Comic Con. Pics by Tyler Sherwood.

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 09:48 AM   #127
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Outstanding!!

Possibly the best version yet - let's see how JND comes out.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 09:51 AM   #128
morty76
Justice League

To me the unmasked portrait looks a little bit like actor Clive Owen.
morty76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 10:07 AM   #129
EStark
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Outstanding!!

Possibly the best version yet - let's see how JND comes out.
Why is this better than P1?
EStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 10:26 AM   #130
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

The masked headsculpt is really impressive. Unmasked is good too although I think the hair is a little too messy in the pics above. Still not a fan of the base. Really interested to see the production pieces of both Prime 1 and JND and to compare all 3.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote