Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-06-2022, 03:35 AM   #31
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

These guys are bulky and not everybody likes the overall design, but I do. Going in full armor makes sense if they're going to fight an army of aliens.

It remembers me when I got into this hobby of those McFarlane figures and later those Narin resin kits which were fantastic. This is a Narin kit made giant sized which is something glorious to me.

The movie itself has a silly argument, but you know, like James Cameron said it's like a videogame you see it for the fights. Jim Cameron actually liked it and so do I, they get a good fight with the aliens with some memorable scenes there with pretty good FX.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 07:52 AM   #32
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
He isn't going to be revealed for at least one year from now. They just unleashed the Berserker. They still haven't even shipped the CH. I need the time anyways if I'm going to snag him too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
If they wait another year I wouldn't mind at all as long as they show they have him in the works or intend on making him. They will want to beat sideshows wolf.
Indeed. I like to know which statue i can/have to skip. Bcs don't want to buy everything. PO and cancel later is not an option either.

Hopefully Prime will show the overall design of the whole 1:3 pred line asap (pref around next summer when we all have the JH in hand).
Halcyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 11:09 PM   #33
Hutch0o
Birdman

I have a feeling next level showcase will be next weekend 17th/18th and we'll see Scar, Celtic and maybe a hint at wolf
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 05:29 AM   #34
ozboy
Birdman

I'm not sure why they're bothering I doubt these get enough orders to go to production... I mean they're not predator killer bad, but whatever tier is above that in terms of being less ----ty (probably ultra - but that's not getting a 1:3 either).
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:00 AM   #35
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozboy View Post
I'm not sure why they're bothering I doubt these get enough orders to go to production...
This is my assumption as well. Though cool designs, I was not under the impression that other than JH, CH, and wolf, that the Predators and AVP (original) had a big fan base. Not enough to sell 600 $2.5/3k statues anyway. But great for those fans if they do produce.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:09 AM   #36
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
This is my assumption as well. Though cool designs, I was not under the impression that other than JH, CH, and wolf, that the Predators and AVP (original) had a big fan base. Not enough to sell 600 $2.5/3k statues anyway. But great for those fans if they do produce.
My fear is that berserker and AVP flop and they don?t produce them then they don?t bother making wolf
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:45 AM   #37
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
My fear is that berserker and AVP flop and they don?t produce them then they don?t bother making wolf
Prime 1 has to know that the Wolf will sell. But their biggest threat is themselves with the pose. The CH is my favorite of the Predator movie designs, yet I opted out due to the pose. The 1:4 wall art will suffice in the meantime. It won?t break my heart to only have the JH and Wolf (pending the production and design). But that?s all the money/space I can spare for this line anyways. Time will tell.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 02:58 PM   #38
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post

And gosh no snow base please. It's the less appealing part of my 1/5 scar predator statue, the temple stuff fulfills this concept and it's not too attached to the movie itself.
That was years ago and Sideshow. A well implemented snow base could look amazing and Prime 1 are definitely capable. It'd certainly separate these from every other Predator statue. Another bone covered base seems like a missed opportunity.

Quote:
I'm not sure why they're bothering I doubt these get enough orders to go to production...

As pessimistic as this is, it is a genuine possibility at this price and size. These would have made so much more sense in 1/4, I can only assume it's a license restriction? They should have gone all in on the JH and CH (They did on the JH, should have put the same amount of effort into the CH) And then made all of the others a similar "1/4" scale as their big game cover art Predator. That guy is more than big enough to be hugely impressive in person. Ans yet it was waaay more affordable and easier to house.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 04:27 PM   #39
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
I'm not sure why they're bothering I doubt these get enough orders to go to production... I mean they're not predator killer bad, but whatever tier is above that in terms of being less ----ty (probably ultra - but that's not getting a 1:3 either).
The Assassin Predator made it to release and there are less than 200 of those. Same price point as these 1/3's, although far less detailed (which probably made for fat profit margins, that must be why they released it).
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 05:25 PM   #40
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
As pessimistic as this is, it is a genuine possibility at this price and size. These would have made so much more sense in 1/4, I can only assume it's a license restriction? They should have gone all in on the JH and CH (They did on the JH, should have put the same amount of effort into the CH) And then made all of the others a similar "1/4" scale as their big game cover art Predator. That guy is more than big enough to be hugely impressive in person. Ans yet it was waaay more affordable and easier to house.
I wish they would have done something similar.

You already need 24"x 24"x 33" acrylic cubes for these 1/4+ monsters.
Halcyon is online now   Reply With Quote