Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-03-2022, 07:22 PM   #3341
Mister H
Gen 13

……in fact there are only a few pieces that I need.

Winter Soldier
Apocalypse
Classic Sabertooth
Human Torch (flying)
Modern Scorpion bust
Lizard bust
Possibly one of the Hulk statues
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 01:28 AM   #3342
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Retro Cable and Wendigo for me.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 02:22 AM   #3343
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I do see what you mean about the Reed and Sue statues I had both of the first ones that Bowen did and I thought the Mr. fantastic statue was OK I just didn?t like the facial expression on Sue
That?s why I ended up getting the clear version because you knew she was the invisible girl but you didn?t have to see that petrified jack Kirby facial expression that she always had
Yeah, those first Reed and Sue statues were heavily influenced by Kirby's art. Unfortunately, I've never been a fan of his art so those statues were an immediate no go for me. The 3 pack statues looked better but still looked dated to me. I'd love to see Reed and Sue statues based on Steve McNiven's art. His Sue in particular is very sexy. I'm really starting to think that the custom route will end up being my only option.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 05:05 PM   #3344
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Is Bowen done? Is he ever coming back? I don't expect him too. Why would he? He's made his money. Just wondering if there are any actual quotes from him on his status.
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 11:32 PM   #3345
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Just think of coin he could make now. Koto is pushing 600$ 1/6th scale.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:03 PM   #3346
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Complete meaning all done. No more Bowen (or 1/6) Marvel statues for me to buy. My Avengers lineup was missing a Scarlet Witch (which I just picked up). My X-MEN lineup is complete and my FF lineup needs a Reed, Sue, and Galactus. Galactus isn't a problem, I'm going to buy the new Sideshow MAQ.

Reed and Sue are my only issue. I don't like any of the offerings by Bowen of Reed or Sue. They look too dated for my tastes. I could probably live with the Reed and Sue statues that were released in the FF 3 pack. However, I'd just be buying them because I need them to complete my collection, not because I think they look good. The main problem is that Bowen is shut down so there won't be any future releases of the characters by BD. So, if I choose to wait, I'll have to hope that Kotobukiya (or some other company) will release a Reed and Sue that I actually like. All that said...who knows how long that could take? It's not like Reed and Sue statues are getting released with any regularity. My only real option may end up being going the custom route to get what I want.
I agree that the Sue Storm by Bowen isn't one of his best showings. There is a Diamond Select Sue Storm that is quite nice. The Sideshow F4 dio isn't too bad either...
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:05 PM   #3347
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

But if you were looking to get the first Reed and Sue that Bowen did they usually do not command a hefty Ebay price the way that the Thing and the Human Torch do
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 01:40 AM   #3348
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
I agree that the Sue Storm by Bowen isn't one of his best showings. There is a Diamond Select Sue Storm that is quite nice. The Sideshow F4 dio isn't too bad either...
The diamond select Sue looks ok but I'm still leaning toward getting a custom Reed and Sue. I hate the idea of settling on something just to finish a lineup. The sideshow dio is nice but I don't need the whole gang. I've already got the BD museum Thing and Torch statues.
Old 03-10-2022, 01:41 AM   #3349
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
But if you were looking to get the first Reed and Sue that Bowen did they usually do not command a hefty Ebay price the way that the Thing and the Human Torch do
Unfortunately, there's a reason for that.
Old 03-10-2022, 01:53 AM   #3350
FJC
Midnighter

My variant Scarlet Witch arrived today. I'm so happy that I tracked this down for my collection. She looks fabulous and that flaired cape looks so dynamic. She looks AWESOME paired up with my phasing Vision.

So, I know this piece has a notorious leaning issue. As much as I love this statue, I knew going in that this piece will definitely start leaning over time if I didn't do something. I went ahead and placed the edge of her cape against the side wall of my display case. I also went out and bought some adhesive rubber pads and stuck 2 of them on the wall directly under her cape to have additional support for the weight of her cape. Here's hoping that does the trick and she doesn't start leaning.