Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-18-2021, 12:07 PM   #161
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

Iron studios don't seem to do female face-sculpts in their 1/10 range very well at all...in either Marvel or DC.
Chelseaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 03:30 AM   #162
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelseaboy View Post
Iron studios don't seem to do female face-sculpts in their 1/10 range very well at all...in either Marvel or DC.
I agree. Wonder Woman's face from their 1/6 vs Darkseid diorama is atrocious as well. It's hilarious.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 08:42 AM   #163
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelseaboy View Post
It's crazy and what boggles my mind is that for atleast these X-Men pieces, both Jean Grey and Emma Frost looked GREAT as prototypes. Those proto images they have up on the Sideshow and Iron Studios sites look wonderful. Why for the love of creation are they unable to send it to the factory and have the same thing come out the other side? I don't get it? What makes a change so drastic between prototype and production?
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 09:14 AM   #164
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshadow View Post
I agree. Wonder Woman's face from their 1/6 vs Darkseid diorama is atrocious as well. It's hilarious.
The three portraits on their 1/3 Harley Quinn are not great either.

I'm dreading seeing the final production horror show they've made out of their 1/10 Poison Ivy ..the prototype looked far from the seductive beauty i was hoping for.

Wish i had the money and space for Prime 1's stunning sculpt of her.
Chelseaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 12:07 AM   #165
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
It's crazy and what boggles my mind is that for atleast these X-Men pieces, both Jean Grey and Emma Frost looked GREAT as prototypes. Those proto images they have up on the Sideshow and Iron Studios sites look wonderful. Why for the love of creation are they unable to send it to the factory and have the same thing come out the other side? I don't get it? What makes a change so drastic between prototype and production?
My theory is they use different factories for different lines. The production quality is all over the place for it to be coming from just one factory. It's hit or miss really.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 09:42 PM   #166
Legionnaire
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Deadpool Pics

I noticed there haven't been many pics of Deadpool, so I wanted to share. I wasn't expecting to be too impressed with this one, but I actually like it more than I thought I would. I also got Emma, but my thoughts about that one have been echoed by others on this site. One thing about Deadpool is that the "mask up" version of DP is that the paint job doesn't seem to be too great. There are a couple of noticeable white spots, but the "full mask" version is pretty good.

Last edited by Legionnaire; 08-23-2021 at 09:54 PM. Reason: I couldn't add my pics
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 09:52 PM   #167
Legionnaire
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm not sure why I always have problems adding pics to the posts here.

Last edited by Legionnaire; 08-23-2021 at 09:54 PM. Reason: I couldn't add my pics
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 11:25 AM   #168
Infinite GLORY

I've seen a couple review videos on youtube of the pool. He looks ok. I still don't like the goofy pose but he came out well I guess. If he was about $150 I would bite. $199 because of the goofy unicorn base just makes it "eh" for me. If I can find a deal on him down the road I would pick him up.

Also, I've noticed a pattern last few months where on ebay the China sellers will start putting up listings of newer X-Men statues (without pics of course) a little bit before we start seeing announcements of them hitting the states. It happened with Emma and Omega and Deadpool and Sabretooth and Iceman before. Just past few days I have been noticing alot of Blob listings show up. So this gives me hope. Hopefully he is coming soon.
Old 08-26-2021, 04:52 PM   #169
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
I'm not sure why I always have problems adding pics to the posts here.
Host on Imgur and add .jpg to the "copy link" address. Works for me.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 02:41 PM   #170
Infinite GLORY

Sauron incoming! Finally a new X-Men piece. Shown off today at inside iron studios.