Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 02-10-2022, 08:19 AM   #1
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Jojo's Bizarre Adventures

I'm 118 chapter in at part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable manga, right now. And it is amazing. Part 4 is definetly my favorite part, already. My favorite Jojo is Jotaro Kujo. (:

Part 1: Phantom Blood 8/10
It was not a bad start. The art was kind of dated but not that bad and the action was very over the top at some panels. The story was easy to follow, simple and abit naive. There was some unexpacted gore, i wouldn't expect such a level of gore from a shounen. I started to read Jojo because i heard that the manga will be very good in the future parts, especially starting with Part 3: Stardust Crusaders. But the part 1 was not bad for sure, if you can look over some naive parts of the story, they were some unintentinaly funny parts for me too anyway. I enjoyed that naive parts, aspecially Dio and Jonathan's fall from empty space between the stairs of the mansion in vol. 2, it took like half an hour for them to fall from such a short hight... xD

Part 2: Battle Tendency 6/10
Part 1 was at 19th Centuary England, Part 2 was around late 30s just before world war II and it spaned from America to Italy. Part 1's Jonathan Joester, the 1st Jojo was a noble gentleman, Part 2's Joseph Joester The 2nd Jojo (the grand son of Jonathan) was a hot headed smart and talented kid who could use hamon special tecniques without training and he loved comics, it cought my eyes that he had Superman comics in his hands at a flight travel panel in plane. lol Jonathan and Joseph look visually exactly the same btw. I didn't like the Part 2 as much as the Part 1 cause Part 1 had a pure 100% evil villain called Dio and the end was sour... I like a villain who has no trace of goodness in him/her and i actually like bad ends over anything but a sour end was close so it has my symphaties. lol Part 2's naive parts bothered me more for some reason and villains were bigger, Santviento, Wamuu, Esidisi and The Master of them all Kars, the 4 Pilar Men, Pilar Men were god like beings, they all had their special powers so they were bigger than the first part's villain Dio who was just a Vampire, after all the next installment must be bigger, and some of the villains had honor at Part 2 so it wasn't as much as appealing to me like a pure evil villain Dio. The stone mask of the first part was connected to the Pilar Man btw.

Dio, Esidisi and Zeppeli character names sounds familiar to you too ? If you like Rock and Metal music, it must have. These names come from none other than the famous Metal Band Dio and AC DC (Esidisi) and Rock band Led Zeppelin (Zeppeli). Mangaka Hirohiko Araki is a Rock and Metal music lover just like his many readers including me.

Jojo part 1 and 2 was not for everyone for sure. If you can endure, look over some naive writting and if you especially have a taste for some naivety like half an hour falls from hights and the fights still go on while they are falling, the outragously naive ways that they survive from the falls... Joseph's way of wining the battles, Ceasar's Bubbles... those were impossible to buy into. Especially If you have a taste for naive parts like those, you will like Jojo part 1 and 2. I started to read Jojo cause people say it got really good with Part 3: The Stardust Crusaders so i read it for the promise of good future parts and i'm there now, i will see how good it's. Just waiting for Part 3 to be completed in its english publication so i can read it from start to finish without a long break.

Part 3: Stardust Crusaders 9/10
This is an amazing Battle Shounen Manga in every way.

It was The 80s in the Jojo world, now. The main character, Jotaro Kujo, The 3rd Jojo in our story about the multi generational Joester family blood line. And i haven't read the later parts yet, but probably the most bad ass Jojo ever. Really a hard boiled delinquit, hard boy character in a modified all black japanese high school boy uniform with a chain hanging from the colar and a cool hat on his head and his ...Yare Yare Daze.... One liner.

Joester family arch nemesis Vampire Dio was back ! and that was literally killing Jotaro's mother... Dio had stolen the body of the first Jojo, Jonathan. He was connected to Joester family by blood now. This bizarre union woke the spiritual power known as the stands in Joester family... Jotaro's mother Holy couldn't control his Stand power and it was killing her, so to save her Joesters must kill Dio ! and Dio was in Cairo, Egypt and he had so many stand user minions around the world. Could the Joesters kill Dio in time and save Holy ?!?!? dun dun dun... HA HA ! They would travel from Japan to Egypt to get Dio ! It was a road trip manga as well. Joesters and their allies fought aginst Dio's minions in Far East, Euro Asia and Middle East to reach Dio and kill him at the manga. The Joester Family team, Joseph Joster (American), Jotaro Kujo(Half Japanese), Kakyoin Noriaki (Japanese),Jean Pier Polnareff (French), Avdol (Arabic) and Iggy (a dog who can use a stand... HA HA !) They were all stand users, a multinational teams race against time to save Jotaro's mother and Joseph's daughter, Holy Kujo with a journey around the globe from Far East to Middle East.

It was an amazing read, none the less. The Stand fights were not just physical brutal fist fights but there were really fun, interesting stand fights like gambling and video game challanges, taking stand users body under control in interesting ways and regular fist fights, ofcourse. It was as fun as a battle shounen could be to the fullest.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 08:25 AM   #2
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable 10/10

The Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable was an amazing read.

The part 3: Stardust Crusaders was a perfect battle shonen. One battle after another but here in part 4, Araki improved over that with more super natural elements and a serial killer stand user main villain. Part 4 was still a battle shonen but it had more story rather than just one battle after another contiunity.

Gore level was fine, not something you can achive with a shonen manga today. Today's parental control has an alot stronger grip on the neck of mangakas. HA HA

It was 1999 at Morioh Town of Japan. It wasn't your awarage little peaceful Japanese town though. It was full of Stand Users including Josuke Higashikata, The 4th Jojo in our multigenerational Jojo's Bizarre Adventures manga. He was a highschool delinquit who was popular with girls and with a crazy hair. Don't say anything bad about his hair though, or you are going to get it. Josuke was the illegitimate son of Joseph Joester from an afair when he was alot younger. Joseph was one of the previous Jojos, the second Jojo in Part 2: The Battle Tendency, he was also in the part 3, and now, he was in the part 4 as a super old geezer of a father of Josuke. Part 3's Jojo, Jotaro Kujo was also in the story. Joseph was his grandfather. That made Jotaro The 3rd Jojo, nephew of Josuke the 4 Jojo.

Josuke made some friends on his adventures like Okayasu, Koichi, Shinichi, Yukako, Rohan, they were all also stand users and there were many more enemy and friendly stand users in the story. They were all created by the mysterios bow and arrow which was first discovered by Dio and old woman Enyaba in part 3. A magical arrow when someone shot by it, if they had the stand power in them, it was activeted. If they didn't have stand power, they would die though and there was more than one of this arrow around the world and one of them was in the little Morioh town !

The Stand battles were so fine, the over the top, bizzare ways that stand powers used were really creative. I loved each and every battle and i read the Stand Battle between Yoshikage Kira and Josuke Higasikata without breath. It was so intense. How Josuke won in the end was so over the top and bizarre in a very creative way.

Overall 10/10, my favorite Jojo part so far. It is not just my favorite Jojo part, It is up there for me with The king of All things shonen, The Dragon Ball and never the less Full Metal Alchemist. Well done Hirohiko Araki. I knew Jojo series would live up to the hype as one of the best shonen series ever.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote