its Reverse Flash. or Dr. Zoom.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:51 PM   #3102
mistermark
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Man you guys, so much doom and gloom!

1. Hardly anything ever sells for less than retail.

2. You DONT have to buy anything they make.

3. SS wants sell through on what they produce, secondary markets are not a profit center for them.

If they can't sell the statue/and or variants, they will not get made. Plenty of LOW ES stuff that is tough enough to move or that people dont want.

Now, I already think they are biting off a HUGE chunk with the high ES trinity, but I am not in their board room, nor do I know what their strategy is. Many have specualted they want WW/Batman/Superman to be around for awhile as new collectors come in.

Also, for Mistermark so he feels at home, xmxmxmxmxmxmxmxmxmxmxmxmxm.
LOL dont get me wrong, I like Sideshow too, A LOT, just want new sculpts from them instead of rehashes. Or like I said, be honest and upfront about variants so people can pass or buy as they see fit. And yeah XM is awesome but Sideshow still is too. When SS is good they are really good. To each their own. Buy what you like.
mistermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #3103
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Not sure if this has been posted as i didnt see it thought i would share… You guys see the new article discussing the process and making of Wonder Woman? Great new article, can't wait for this damn thing wish they did more of these for other figures, love this kind of behind the scenes and interviews!!

Sideshow’s long-awaited Wonder Woman Premium Format™ Figure is arriving soon and we can’t wait to unleash the Amazon princess into Fan’s…er, Man’s World. Meanwhile, we thought it’d be fun to throw a Lasso of Truth around the creators of the piece, and host an official Q&A about the making of Wonder Woman.

Meet the Team - http://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/ask-...er-woman-qanda

What a great looking bunch if i do say so myself (Even IGO ) looks like they have lots of fun doing what they love in brining us our collectibles and when they love what their doing, it shows thru the collectible!!

How much time, from concept to final product, did it take to create this piece?

David Igo: January 14th, 2011 was when we started our first early concept sketches. I don’t think we had a final design until late 2012, and started the sculpt early 2013. Sculpting was done September, and the final prototype was done by November. All in all, nearly 3 years, which isn’t typical, but Wonder Woman needed and deserved that extra consideration throughout.

What was the process of sculpting this masterpiece?

Schu: Wonder Woman was sculpted digitally in a neutral standing pose first. The base and weaponry were sculpted separately and then everything was assembled together digitally into the final pose. Due to loss of detail in the digital 3d printing output process we went back in afterward and added all of the fine details by hand in wax.

Was there any particular model you referenced? Is she really based off actress Cobie Smulders?

Schu: In addition to the designs Kris Anka provided, I did reference Cobie Smolders and a few other fitness models for the face and body.

Kat Sapene: I wasn’t aware of Cobie Smulders at the time, but I can see where people see the resemblance. My main focus when painting the portrait was to make her look intense, yet feminine. I kept her makeup fairly simple. This Wonder Woman doesn’t waste time primping in front of a mirror, she has a world to take care of.

Was there a thought to go with mixed media, or was it fully sculpted from the get-go?

Tom Gilliland: In some cases the multimedia either doesn’t add anything, or worse, it can detract from the cleanliness and precision of sculpt. In this case we wanted to depend on sculpted detail and fidelity.

The paint is so life-like! What was your technique?

Kat Sapene: Generally I like to start with the portrait and flesh on a figure, which helps set the tone for the rest of the figure. Then I move on to the clothing, accessories, and then the base last. But before I actually start to paint, I like to mix most of the colors that I will need. This way, I can be sure that the colors I’m using will work together and can avoid having to tweak things after the fact, which can lead to muddy tones. Once everything is painted, I’ll seal the figure with a matte spray and then add any gloss or satin finishes that will help give that last bit of pop and bring it to life.

What went into choosing the costume? Is the figure based off original ideas or a specific comic?

Kris Anka: I spent a lot of time researching costume details and accessories, as well as being a very big Wonder Woman fan to begin with, so the final product was aimed to be sort of the best of all worlds while also being our own. We drew inspiration from various designs from the comics, but I really spent the time to make a “new” costume, with a lot of stress being placed on it never really feeling dramatically different. I wanted her to look iconic, while having all-new details.

Kat Sapene: Paint wise, I thought that going with more realistic colors rather than straight comic book colors fit the figure better. I found some images of a costume that looked like faded leather. I really liked that look, so I went with that and used a more antiqued gold for the details.

How did you decide on the setting and design of the base?

Kris Anka: I felt it was important for the very first statues of each of the DC trinity to feel like they were set in the characters’ respective worlds. So with Batman we went with a gothic gargoyle, Superman was in the Fortress of Solitude, and for Wonder Woman we both wanted to homage a battlefield as well as Themyscira.

When designing a character, how much thought goes into how it’ll look when displayed along with the other figures in the line? Do you just do the best Wonder Woman you can, or do you really take into account this one being displayed alongside the others?

David Igo: Great question! Both. We want her to be able to stand on her own and work with the rest of the Justice League. We’re doing that with nearly every character and license we’re working with now. In addition to making strong individual statements, we’re really looking at how they work in collections, families, rogues galleries, team-ups, etc.

Tom Gilliland: What Dave said. Expect to see more themes and relationships between characters in the future.

What was the most difficult part of making this piece?

Schu: Every sculpt presents its own challenges that you can learn from and then apply to the next sculpt. The hardest part (but still enjoyable to create), was all the weaponry. Oh and that damn column!

Kat Sapene: I agree, every piece has it’s difficulties. For me on Wonder Woman it was getting the portrait to look the way I wanted. In our portrait, Wonder Woman has her eyes narrowed. This can be a little tricky because with a little too much shading that can quickly turn into an pretty unattractive scowl, and I wanted our Wonder Woman to strike the right balance of strength and grace.

David Igo: The team did an amazing job with finding the balance of strong, sexy, and confident. Portrait especially, giving her attitude without making her look mean, or masculine. It’s tricky, and the way they brought all that together in 3D was perfection.

How did you decide on the axe as the Exclusive accessory?

Tom Gilliland: We really wanted to push that hardened warrior aspect for the Exclusive. Nothing says “trouble” like a dual wielding DPS set up.

David Igo: NERRRRRDDDD!

So what’s next, now that Wonder Woman is finished?

David Igo: There’s a variant edition we are considering for her, I think people won’t expect at all, to go with a new three piece series. I’ll just go ahead and let that sink in a bit, but expect to hear more about it next year…

Full Article Here - https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/ask...an-qanda-part2

- Hahahah I lost it when IGO called Tom a Nerd, the whole entire team looked like they had great time with this piece and i can't wait until we all get this piece in hand because this is one of my most anticipated female collectibles! Sideshow did an amazing job with this one...

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:05 PM   #3104
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

yup seen it. thanks for posting though. now others who havnt will
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #3105
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Haha,cool looking crew.

The guy poking his dimples reminds me of this guy:

AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #3106
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

This sculpt was based off of Colbie Smulders and she does look close to this portrait looks amazing!!

Just don't go to google and type Colbie Smulders sexy pictures, couldn't believe what came up on google, pretty racey pictures of her but i will say she is a very sexy woman! Cant wait for this statue….

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #3107
risingstar
Jedi Order

Opinion: A (hopefully!) Perez inspired variant should come with a cape, shield, and warrior garb/skirt. I'm not a huge fan of the gold warrior uniform though...
Two portraits - with and without helmet.

risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #3108
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
This sculpt was based off of Colbie Smulders and she does look close to this portrait looks amazing!!

Just don't go to google and type Colbie Smulders sexy pictures, couldn't believe what came up on google, pretty racey pictures of her but i will say she is a very sexy woman! Cant wait for this statue….

Sarah

This isn't really Cobie Smulders....this is a photo manipulation of body parts to make this pic.....regardless, it's a hot pic lol
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:01 PM   #3109
ThanosMadTitan
Frackin!

Cobie is very hot girl!
ThanosMadTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #3110
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanosMadTitan View Post
Cobie is very hot girl!
That's because she is Canadian and from Vancouver BC.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote