Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-17-2017, 09:23 PM   #51
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Wait arh is filing for bankruptcy? Is this confirmed? Fact?

That's a serious accusation.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:34 PM   #52
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I like my Barbarian... I'm not sure if a better one is going to be made anytime soon. I think what Ehren said was pretty true... in 10-15 years, most of these statues won't be worth anything. Someone else said that whenever you buy a statue, the money is pretty much gone. I guess if you play the resell game you can make a hundred bucks here and there, but I can't be bothered with all that. And with the exception of the Viking and maybe the minotaurus, I pretty much like all my statues.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:31 AM   #53
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I like my Barbarian... I'm not sure if a better one is going to be made anytime soon. I think what Ehren said was pretty true... in 10-15 years, most of these statues won't be worth anything. Someone else said that whenever you buy a statue, the money is pretty much gone. I guess if you play the resell game you can make a hundred bucks here and there, but I can't be bothered with all that. And with the exception of the Viking and maybe the minotaurus, I pretty much like all my statues.
Barbarian is a pretty iconic piece that holds a special place in sci-fi/fantasy art.
The only thing that will cause its value to drop is when inevitably another company does its own version ...and they will, whether it be 5years or 10...

Remember after ARH didn't do well with Frazetta and everyone said this'll likely be the last time someone attempts it? How long did it take for the license to move? 2 companies announce before ARH could even finish shipping.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:02 AM   #54
|Tch0rT|
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I like my Barbarian... I'm not sure if a better one is going to be made anytime soon. I think what Ehren said was pretty true... in 10-15 years, most of these statues won't be worth anything. Someone else said that whenever you buy a statue, the money is pretty much gone. I guess if you play the resell game you can make a hundred bucks here and there, but I can't be bothered with all that.
You can pry my ARH Frazetta's Death Dealer on Horse from my cold dead hands. It's best version of that IMO, way better than the Bowen's and it's f'ing huge. My only issue is I'm getting a divorce so I hope the next girl is cool with it lol.
|Tch0rT| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:23 AM   #55
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Tch0rT| View Post
You can pry my ARH Frazetta's Death Dealer on Horse from my cold dead hands. It's best version of that IMO, way better than the Bowen's and it's f'ing huge. My only issue is I'm getting a divorce so I hope the next girl is cool with it lol.
No need to worry about that, you're wife will be getting it.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:34 AM   #56
craigcliff1
Zot

Attakus stuff went down. Master Replicas went up.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:37 AM   #57
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Tch0rT| View Post
Sorry about your divorce man, that sucks. I have been collecting Frazetta stuff since the 1970's and when I got married I didn't make her promise to love, honor, or obey me or not to cheat on me but I did make her promise that I would always have at least one room for my Frazetta stuff. At that time I think I just had about 35 framed prints, a Bowen DD and CS Moore Barbarian in my apartment. She agreed. She was raised Catholic so we ended up with 5 kids and even with a 5 bedroom house we had to add a room to the end of the garage for her to keep her promise, but she did. I wish we had added a bigger room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
No need to worry about that, you're wife will be getting it.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:12 PM   #58
ReTardist
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Wait arh is filing for bankruptcy? Is this confirmed? Fact?

That's a serious accusation.
No they are not. People are just anticipating it. I don't have all the info about their current situation but I can promise you guys this... even IF Arahom had to seek bankruptcy protection from his creditors, he will continue to produce statues. Perhaps at a much reduced pace but here's the thing.. he's not a quitter. He's a fighter. He has nothing else. His entire life and career revolve around these statues. He's not the kind of guy to throw in the towel and take a regular 9-5 job to pay bills. He'd rather go hungry making statues and trying to fulfill his dreams than feed himself with the monotony of a 'career'. I got a very intimate view of this guy and his history making statues as far back as his teen years in Brazil. He's had more adversity in his life than most people. He certainly rubs people the wrong way occasionally and I think the current circumstances he is in, are a result of the success he had for a few solid years. Perhaps he over-reached. Now the company is shrinking a bit as logic dictates. Arahom has faced adversity far worse than this. But he NEVER stopped making statues. Bankruptcy or not, he'll soldier on. And I'm certain he will deliver the statues that people have paid for. Perhaps not always in a timely manner but he's not the kind of guy that throws up his hands and walks away.
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #59
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I didn't want to get in an argument with anyone so I didn't say anything before and I certainly have no inside information but I agree with ReTardist 100%.

I have dealt with Arahom for many years going back to his days in Brazil and even when his house burned down and he lost everything he owned including his dog he still soldiered on and people got their stuff.

Once Hades comes up for pre-order I intend to order on the first day.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:22 PM   #60
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Can a mod just rename this thread to "The 13thWarlock is a doofus"
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote