Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-13-2022, 06:01 PM   #21
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I'm pretty sure the Prehistoric Planet depiction is the most modern scientifically-accepted interpretation of the T-Rex right now. This statue is definitely more inspired by the classic Jurassic Park Rex. Structurally, that is.

The Prehistoric Planet depiction:

Yeah maybe so, I've read they think they were thicker bodied than the JP and would be slower moving, but again, im sure there were variations of them, not all humans have the same frame, the color is a mystery as far as I can tell, so is the skin/hair/feathers, now your last 2 pictures do show a little different head, but one is in attack mode/growling and one is closed mouth, thinking back on how much the T rex has changed since I had books about them in the late 70's and 80's till now hasn't made me dislike the look of a T rex then, or the 90's JP style or the modern version, if a statue company does a great prehistoric plant version of T rex I'll buy it as well
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 03:11 AM   #22
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Not sure why that last image has the Jurassic Park logo; that scene is from Jurassic World: Dominion.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 04:52 AM   #23
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Yeah maybe so, I've read they think they were thicker bodied than the JP and would be slower moving, but again, im sure there were variations of them, not all humans have the same frame, the color is a mystery as far as I can tell, so is the skin/hair/feathers, now your last 2 pictures do show a little different head, but one is in attack mode/growling and one is closed mouth, thinking back on how much the T rex has changed since I had books about them in the late 70's and 80's till now hasn't made me dislike the look of a T rex then, or the 90's JP style or the modern version, if a statue company does a great prehistoric plant version of T rex I'll buy it as well
One big difference besides the body shape and heft is that the teeth are covered and only seen when the mouth is open on the Prehistoric Planet version.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 03:03 PM   #24
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Just inquired pricing from good old Canada, with the exchange rate, taxes, duties and shipping I'm looking at about 2500, man that's a lot for this, sigh, have to draw the line somewhere, too bad
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 04:34 PM   #25
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
One big difference besides the body shape and heft is that the teeth are covered and only seen when the mouth is open on the Prehistoric Planet version.
Oh ok, your right, certainly this version is meant to have some realism and some JP Hollywood together, I'd probably prefer more realistic all the way around, but I still like it alot and have ordered it
Old 11-17-2022, 04:36 PM   #26
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuehungry View Post
Just inquired pricing from good old Canada, with the exchange rate, taxes, duties and shipping I'm looking at about 2500, man that's a lot for this, sigh, have to draw the line somewhere, too bad
That sucks, maybe in time sideshow will run a free shipping on this piece, hopefully, but I dont blame you, I'm in the US and sorta know what the shipping is gonna be, which still isn't gonna be cheap
Old 06-11-2023, 09:09 PM   #27
jurassiclover77
Doh!

T rex form Juraasik Park

I love this T rex from the first part of Jurassic Park! Being a big dinosaur fan and also a JP license fan, I own a statue of the tyrannosaurus rex over 60 m high. It has feathers on its back, although scientists still don't know whether it had feathers, scales or a mixture of the two.
jurassiclover77 is offline   Reply With Quote