Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-22-2019, 10:27 PM   #2491
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I can understand the logic of just about anyone’s death. I just don’t want to see Arya die, that one would be very disappointing.
That's the thing H, with this show everyone is fair game. We should do a top 5 we want alive.

1. Jon Snow
2. Tyrion
3. Tormund
4. Brienne
5. Bronn
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:30 PM   #2492
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Don't understand how no one's talking about that lame 'Three-Eyed Raven/Night King' info dump, and since no one is, I don't understand how everyone's ok with it.

I was expecting the reveals to disappoint.. and this one didn't.

Night King wants to wipe out men so badly, he's gonna wipe out their memory as well. It's like a bad "yo mama" joke.

And how relateable, too? I mean, what would we have done here on Earth to remember the history of our world, without our own Three-Eyed Raven? Relied on handed-down stories, and books?!! The written word? How unreliable! Thank god we have one completely infallible individual with ESP to remember it all.

What?!
Why assume the Night King would stop at the Three-Eyed Raven though? He could destroy all documentation and all those capable of accounting our history, and it wouldn't matter so long as the TER was still around. To me it just seemed like step one. Not the ultimate goal itself.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:30 PM   #2493
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
That's the thing H, with this show everyone is fair game. We should do a top 5 we want alive.
that used to be the way it went, now it's sadly just another action sitcom where the "main" characters have ridiculous plot armor and can do whatever stupid thing they want and still come out ahead.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:32 PM   #2494
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

So here we go. I have a theory and it’s dynamite.

Everyon3 tends to focus about what they want to happen. I find the key is to look for what can’t happen.

Cersei can’t die and leave Jamie. She also can’t live.
She can only die by attacking the capital.
Daenerys can’t rule with Jon alive.
The Starks are connected and will only be separated now by death.

I don’t even feel like one person can rule at this time. Daenerys can’t as she isn’t rightful heir. It’s also too predictable.

Jon can’t as he just doesn’t want to. It’s also too virtuous.

Cersei can’t as the whole show has been about Lannister rule and would be anti climactic.

So here is what I think. Cersei figures she’ll wipe out the remain8ng army after the WW army is defeated. But what if there isn’t one? The WW army wins. Jon looks around and sees his dead family and friends. The night king approaches and stabs Jon the same as Rob.

Then he is resurrected the new night king. Jon resurrects his family. Jamie. The iron born. The wildlings. The crows. The unsullied. The dragons. They march to kings landing, laying waste to the Vale, the iron born, the smaller towns and cities freed by Daenerys. Undead Arya uses her weapon to dispose of the ?Mountain and Jamie kills his sister. A stab through the belly Red Wedding style.

Kings Landing falls. Our ma8n protagonists, all undead, ruling over a dead Westeros.

The climb to power has been for nothing. Winter has come.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:39 PM   #2495
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

5 I want to live in no particular order

Lyana Mormant
Arya Stark
Bronn
Tyrion
Hound

3 I expect to die sooner rather than later

Lyana Mormant
Greyworm
Tormund

2 that I didn’t include on the soon to die list because they are so obvious are little girl crypt protector and flaming sword eye patch guy.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:49 PM   #2496
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
So here we go. I have a theory and it’s dynamite.

Everyon3 tends to focus about what they want to happen. I find the key is to look for what can’t happen.

Cersei can’t die and leave Jamie. She also can’t live.
She can only die by attacking the capital.
Daenerys can’t rule with Jon alive.
The Starks are connected and will only be separated now by death.

I don’t even feel like one person can rule at this time. Daenerys can’t as she isn’t rightful heir. It’s also too predictable.

Jon can’t as he just doesn’t want to. It’s also too virtuous.

Cersei can’t as the whole show has been about Lannister rule and would be anti climactic.

So here is what I think. Cersei figures she’ll wipe out the remain8ng army after the WW army is defeated. But what if there isn’t one? The WW army wins. Jon looks around and sees his dead family and friends. The night king approaches and stabs Jon the same as Rob.

Then he is resurrected the new night king. Jon resurrects his family. Jamie. The iron born. The wildlings. The crows. The unsullied. The dragons. They march to kings landing, laying waste to the Vale, the iron born, the smaller towns and cities freed by Daenerys. Undead Arya uses her weapon to dispose of the ?Mountain and Jamie kills his sister. A stab through the belly Red Wedding style.

Kings Landing falls. Our ma8n protagonists, all undead, ruling over a dead Westeros.

The climb to power has been for nothing. Winter has come.
Pretty dark.

The last book's called 'A Dream of Spring' though. Your theories could still apply in dreamlike fashion in the mind of a zombie, I guess, but that title strikes me as more hopeful.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:51 PM   #2497
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Ah, the insults begin.
You consider THAT an insult?
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:10 PM   #2498
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Why assume the Night King would stop at the Three-Eyed Raven though? He could destroy all documentation and all those capable of accounting our history, and it wouldn't matter so long as the TER was still around. To me it just seemed like step one. Not the ultimate goal itself.
If the show framed it that way, I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it. Instead, the Night King apparently heads straight for Bran (...however, read another theory today that suggests otherwise), instead of just methodically killing all men, and eventually he'd get to the TER. He'd have nowhere to run, and no allies left.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:14 PM   #2499
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
We should do a top 5 we want alive.
Arya
Snow
Hound
Tyrion
Sam
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:29 PM   #2500
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
If the show framed it that way, I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it. Instead, the Night King apparently heads straight for Bran (...however, read another theory today that suggests otherwise), instead of just methodically killing all men, and eventually he'd get to the TER. He'd have nowhere to run, and no allies left.
Good point. Especially since he is linked to Bran and will always know where he is. However, that would imply he is completely confident he will undoubtedly wipe out all men. Perhaps taking out the TER early is a tactical decision in order to increase his chances of overall success. All hypothetical of course.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote