Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-15-2017, 02:15 AM   #41
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I agree with you two. When I first saw this I instantly new the scene this pose is from in Empire Strikes Back. Details are exceptional.

The visor I think needs some alterations because it definitely distorts the portrait quite a bit. So...hopefully that can be rectified before it is released.
They did say they were going to try and tweak the visor in production. However, they can't make it too thin due to concerns about breakage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Dude is there anything you didn't think was exceptional out of this event
Lol! To be fair, there were only two pieces there that I didn't love. I think they really put on an amazing show this year.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:33 PM   #42
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
They did say they were going to try and tweak the visor in production. However, they can't make it too thin due to concerns about breakage.

Lol! To be fair, there were only two pieces there that I didn't love. I think they really put on an amazing show this year.
Did they tease any other Star Wars products?
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:46 PM   #43
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
Did they tease any other Star Wars products?
They are reevaluating what is happening with the Star Wars license at the moment. Approvals have been a nightmare for them so far, so they are still deciding how to proceed going forward.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:47 PM   #44
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
They are reevaluating what is happening with the Star Wars license at the moment. Approvals have been a nightmare for them so far, so they are still deciding how to proceed going forward.

That's to bad... Seems SS gets the easy pass based on some of the Star Wars stuff their releasing.. Troopers with shrunken armor or Han and Luke with so so likeness and questionable poses
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:25 AM   #45
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
That's to bad... Seems SS gets the easy pass based on some of the Star Wars stuff their releasing.. Troopers with shrunken armor or Han and Luke with so so likeness and questionable poses
Plus there's the state of the industry, loss of hype after all this time, and risks involved in competing with all the other junk made for the Star Wars license.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:31 AM   #46
built2shred
Phoenix

The only other two I've seen artwork on has been Luke doing a handstand in dagobah and the one with the two stormtroopers... Hopefully will get those before they decide to drop the license.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:40 AM   #47
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The only other two I've seen artwork on has been Luke doing a handstand in dagobah and the one with the two stormtroopers... Hopefully will get those before they decide to drop the license.
That Storm Troopers concenpt is amazing!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:17 PM   #48
Devo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
That is a bit worrying, do you get the impression this SW licence could be pulled?
Disappointed we didn't get a glimpse at Grevious this year and still no idea when fett will ship.
Devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:29 PM   #49
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Dude is there anything you didn't think was exceptional out of this event
Quite honestly...no. I think everything at the show was of at least good quality or better.

I'd definitely like to see some changes on a few statues here and there, but by and large...everything was at least good to spectacular.

I think the weakest pieces at the show were Red Ranger (not too exciting for unpainted sculpt of character I care little for), Kraven and Spider Gwen. The XM Joker could use some alterations on the base...mainly the option or removal of the armor on the base to help alleviate clutter. I love everything else about it...especially the Joker himself.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:04 PM   #50
Racetrack
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
That is a bit worrying, do you get the impression this SW licence could be pulled?
Disappointed we didn't get a glimpse at Grevious this year and still no idea when fett will ship.
Boba Fett looking like Q1.

Don't worry, Star Wars will continue.
Racetrack is offline   Reply With Quote