Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-17-2018, 03:48 PM   #211
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Well this is another EX which adds nothing for me. I much prefer her with the damage on the face.....she looks a little odd to me with out it for some reason....

Another one to forget about for 18 months until she comes out haha

Edit : also i think a light up eye is a missed opportunity on this piece!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:14 PM   #212
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Nice call, Indomitus!

This really is a beautiful piece - with either portrait.
Thanks Demona and I agree!

So here's what I think sets this piece apart from the modern hate not to get all long winded for everybody.

Sideshow has been taking artistic liberties with hearted characters modernizing, changing. updating, whatever but to real critical responses of the effort. Captain America, Batman, and Daredevil to name a few. The detail work and concepts from the modern age put in are truly outstanding as seen from the images. Protective gear, sculpts, weapons, all show imagination and talent in the craft. However, and this includes me, I really just want to see my childhood characters brought to life from comic pages to statue form. Thus these have been passes for me.

And this brings me to the Rebel Terminator PF. Terminators are metal skeleton robots that are designed to mimic humans with a skin. So can be anybody. And this is where artistic freedom meets source material. Add the protective gear. Add the weapons. Make the sculpts. And yes, give her bajingas, an amazing bum, and that beautiful face. And now you have a piece that I will buy.

And of course, to hell with edition sizes because that WILL be a sore spot.

I see the talent from their Court of The Dead in this piece. Well done Sideshow. And again, thanks for listening about that EX.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:33 PM   #213
COI

If I bought this piece, I'd never display it with the EX, but I think it was a good choice nonetheless because the portrait is nice and people will want to have that option.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:34 PM   #214
French Cancan
Deadman

Isaac Asimov should have added a fourth law: Robots will remain asexual and won’t attract the human beings with boobs and butts.

Now, a storm is coming.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:35 PM   #215
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Thanks Demona and I agree!

So here's what I think sets this piece apart from the modern hate not to get all long winded for everybody.

Sideshow has been taking artistic liberties with hearted characters modernizing, changing. updating, whatever but to real critical responses of the effort. Captain America, Batman, and Daredevil to name a few. The detail work and concepts from the modern age put in are truly outstanding as seen from the images. Protective gear, sculpts, weapons, all show imagination and talent in the craft. However, and this includes me, I really just want to see my childhood characters brought to life from comic pages to statue form. Thus these have been passes for me.

And this brings me to the Rebel Terminator PF. Terminators are metal skeleton robots that are designed to mimic humans with a skin. So can be anybody. And this is where artistic freedom meets source material. Add the protective gear. Add the weapons. Make the sculpts. And yes, give her bajingas, an amazing bum, and that beautiful face. And now you have a piece that I will buy.

And of course, to hell with edition sizes because that WILL be a sore spot.

I see the talent from their Court of The Dead in this piece. Well done Sideshow. And again, thanks for listening about that EX.

Ooh, the perspective of the newbie......

Rolling out the bunting, and high fives all round.....to see the smile on the young newbies face, as he beholds the earth shattering majesty of the Sideshow prototype.

The newbie prances and capers in his joy, for him the world is but an instrument on which he plays his merry fandango of borderline sexual climax.

FAST FORWARD TWO YEARS.

Never again will the Sun shine, forever is the twilight grey of the eternal dusk.

The first in hand pictures have been released, finally after both production and shipping delays. What was once a verdant mop of bright blond hair, is now replaced with the shine of a smooth polished bald scalp of the newbies head.

Woe is the newbie, for his joy is replaced with hate.....for the prototype that once caused his underwear to tighten, is no more and has now been replaced with the heavy handed brush strokes of a blind Chinese Buddhist monk on minimum wage.

Woe is the newbie for he has died on the alter of disappointment and shame. In his shambolic death spasms, a new entity rises from the fecal matter and self indulgent vomit......

The dead rotting corpse of the newbie gives way to a dark and shrouded being of hatred, pessimism and unsatisfied lust...

....all hail, the birth of......THE COLLECTOR.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:41 PM   #216
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Well, since this is pretty much a T&A piece, I was hoping for a little more A. Aside from that, this thing is pretty friggin' spectacular. Might pick her up.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:41 PM   #217
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

Rolling out the bunting, and high fives all round.....to see the smile on the young newbies face, as he beholds the earth shattering majesty of the Sideshow prototype.

The newbie prances and capers in his joy, for him the world is but an instrument on which he plays his merry fandango of borderline sexual climax.

FAST FORWARD TWO YEARS.

Never again will the Sun shine, forever is the twilight grey of the eternal dusk.

The first in hand pictures have been released, finally after both production and shipping delays. What was once a verdant mop of bright blond hair, is now replaced with the shine of a smooth polished bald scalp of the newbies head.

Woe is the newbie, for his joy is replaced with hate.....for the prototype that once caused his underwear to tighten, is no more and has now been replaced with the heavy handed brush strokes of a blind Chinese Buddhist monk on minimum wage.

Woe is the newbie for he has died on the alter of disappointment and shame. In his shambolic death spasms, a new entity rises from the fecal matter and self indulgent vomit......

The dead rotting corpse of the newbie gives way to a dark and shrouded being of hatred, pessimism and unsatisfied lust...

Sharing of opinions will always see the like of ignorance shrouded in colorful fecal matter.

As I was saying. A worthy piece to add to the Terminator Mythos.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:55 PM   #218
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

FAST FORWARD TWO YEARS.

Not sure if serious.........
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:05 PM   #219
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Interesting theory.

I prefer the Babenator.

You pic rebel over sonja....i'm disappointed, and here i pegged you for a man of exquisite taste.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:33 PM   #220
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I actually quite like this. The original film suggested that Terminators could look like anyone and her partially shaved head gives off a cool "future 80's" punk vibe.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote