Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-05-2021, 12:35 AM   #691
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I’m gonna go ahead and admit this - I never once in allllll these years of being obsessed with She-Ra did I ever consider Hordak’s head to be “robotic”. He looks ghoulish or fishlike actually. Ive always seen him as a vampire-type creature. Especially because when we first meet him in POP he is having Horde Troopers round up human villagers to suck out their life force to fuel machines. When the variant was announced with a “robot head”, I kept waiting to see the portrait when he turned into a missile/rocket because THAT is robotic go me

I really can’t be the only person who thinks this way….
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 01:37 AM   #692
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I’m gonna go ahead and admit this - I never once in allllll these years of being obsessed with She-Ra did I ever consider Hordak’s head to be “robotic”. He looks ghoulish or fishlike actually. Ive always seen him as a vampire-type creature. Especially because when we first meet him in POP he is having Horde Troopers round up human villagers to suck out their life force to fuel machines. When the variant was announced with a “robot head”, I kept waiting to see the portrait when he turned into a missile/rocket because THAT is robotic go me

I always thought of him as a vampire bat type creature. Ears and nose along with teeth pointed me in that direction.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 04:54 AM   #693
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I also always saw him as a Nosferatu type vampire bat creature. The Horde logo only helped with that theory.

For years I just knew him from the action figures and mini comics. I didn't really watch Filmation She-Ra past a few clips or glimpses here and there. I saw a few scenes where he changed into machines and vehicles, so after seeing this called a robot head I figured that was a Filmation She-Ra thing I missed. I thought maybe he was mortally injured going from Eternia to Etheria and had to get a Darth Vader/Cobra Commander type robot mask to survive his near death experience.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 08:21 AM   #694
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
I always thought of him as a vampire bat type creature. Ears and nose along with teeth pointed me in that direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
I also always saw him as a Nosferatu type vampire bat creature. The Horde logo only helped with that theory.

For years I just knew him from the action figures and mini comics. I didn't really watch Filmation She-Ra past a few clips or glimpses here and there. I saw a few scenes where he changed into machines and vehicles, so after seeing this called a robot head I figured that was a Filmation She-Ra thing I missed. I thought maybe he was mortally injured going from Eternia to Etheria and had to get a Darth Vader/Cobra Commander type robot mask to survive his near death experience.
Nope I’m right there with you guys..I always looked at him at the Vampire/sorcerer type . I think , and correct me if I’m wrong Hordak was referred to as a clone at some point down the line of Horde Prime and was “made/built” to look like him. Which is probably when he became a “robot”
But me, well I’ll never look at Hordak and think he is a robot..no matter if he is or not.

But it does explain how he can transform into Rockets, Buzzsaw Chest, Cannon Arms etc..kinda like a Transformer can. ( which we can all agree ARE Robots..lol)
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 08:25 AM   #695
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Honestly speaking, after all these years of collecting MASTERS, I was always more into the statues and nothing will ever top the STACTIONS line for coolness over figures, it was a sad day when that ended. BUT my point is, EVEN though Tweeterhead is relatively a newer company and is not big like sideshow or Prime1, they are hands down, putting out the BEST sculpts, especially for the females, and using better materials than the sideshow versions were using.

They are producing the BEST QUALITY MOTU STATUES ever, and the detail and the FEMININE aspect of the woman sculpts will make any guy collector look at them, and hard to stop looking at them. With todays WOKE world, I doubt we would get any SEXY but strong woman character's, which is not what MOTU was known for in comics and the cartoons. I mean, honestly, in there main shots they used over and over again, who knew that Filmation could draw female character's and make them look so ............lovely to look at.

My favorite was always Adora, she to me looked more attractive than She-ra, but now Tweeterhead is putting out sculpts that even further that. Teela is gorgeous statue, and I cant wait to see who is next. I'm sure the Sorceress will be breathtaking, and they are actually sculpting them with cleavage, which all the woman had back in the show and comics, not this flat chested, or cover up any sort of feminine beauty that most companies wont do now afraid of being attacked or WOKE themselves.

I NOW LOVE TWEETERHEAD and their quality is the best so far, even their cloth capes are setting new bars on quality. MOTU usually don't end up lasting longer than 7 to 10 statues before they cancel it or they lose license and don't renew it because sales are not good enough. I REALLY hope we finally get some character's we haven't got before, but after seeing their quality, they definitely have to redo the horrible horse face He-man that Sideshow did, and She-ra by Sideshow was horrible, and a rather average portrait, not anything like the jaw dropping portrait of Tweeterhead's Teela.

I'm just so dam impressed, and this variant Hordak, is worth getting, I usually don't get them, as they are not different enough, but this is truly a good buy, especially if you only got the regular edition from Sideshow Hordak.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:44 AM   #696
dechirico7
The Flash

I like the OG better. The colors are what really made me love the piece. I don't need my statue to match the cartoon. I also think the original color scheme will look better with the rest of the line. It looks more wicked, mean, evil. And the staff is a must. I would also want more arm options over just the cannon arm. It is cool that they offered this for the die hard cartoon fans.

This has me thinking that we will be seeing a Goddess or Snake Teela variant.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:58 AM   #697
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

TBH I think it's the arm cannon's inclusion that kind of pisses me off more than the "robot" head. That piece was specifically said to be a bonus item for EX collector's to make up for the fact that they inflated the ES. Now, they're adding it in with this variant.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:05 PM   #698
Blade3327
Nightwing

Would've been cool to see what the modern head would look like with the classic color scheme.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:51 PM   #699
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
TBH I think it's the arm cannon's inclusion that kind of pisses me off more than the "robot" head. That piece was specifically said to be a bonus item for EX collector's to make up for the fact that they inflated the ES. Now, they're adding it in with this variant.
Totally hear yah on this. We went back and forth a LOT with this piece, what to include, what to nix, etc... All the good, the bad, and the ugly of all possibilities... We didnt want to take away from the original Exclusive, but we didnt want this guy to feel too "naked" either with the exclusion of the staff.

So to me, with the paint scheme going into the cannon arm, it makes it unique to this variant. If you got the original Exclusive it has a paint scheme that matches that version. Plus you have the base stamp to confirm that it's the actual Exclusive.

If someone got the Standard Edition of the previous release, and ponied up the money to get this guy too JUST for the exclusive parts, they'll have to do some work to make the parts work together, and the base stamp will never be the Exclusive Edition.

So yah... definitely not a perfect solution, but hoping people see this as a genuine effort for a variant for a lot of fans who grew up with more of an attachment to the filmation show, while trying to keep the original offerings unique and special in their own way.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 04:16 PM   #700
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Totally hear yah on this. We went back and forth a LOT with this piece, what to include, what to nix, etc... All the good, the bad, and the ugly of all possibilities... We didnt want to take away from the original Exclusive, but we didnt want this guy to feel too "naked" either with the exclusion of the staff.

So to me, with the paint scheme going into the cannon arm, it makes it unique to this variant. If you got the original Exclusive it has a paint scheme that matches that version. Plus you have the base stamp to confirm that it's the actual Exclusive.

If someone got the Standard Edition of the previous release, and ponied up the money to get this guy too JUST for the exclusive parts, they'll have to do some work to make the parts work together, and the base stamp will never be the Exclusive Edition.

So yah... definitely not a perfect solution, but hoping people see this as a genuine effort for a variant for a lot of fans who grew up with more of an attachment to the filmation show, while trying to keep the original offerings unique and special in their own way.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote