Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-10-2022, 01:33 AM   #11
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijutitan View Post
Most definitely. I can only assume if it was a Jurassic T-Rex in silicone/real hair it would be way more due to licensing.
Yeah true, I'm probably gonna buy it, I dont see many T Rex's in this scale that I love and I'll regret it if I don't get it
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 02:41 AM   #12
kaijutitan
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Yeah true, I'm probably gonna buy it, I dont see many T Rex's in this scale that I love and I'll regret it if I don't get it
Yeah for sure it?s an awesome piece. If I wasn?t so strict with my collecting rules I?d probably pick it up too tbh 😅
kaijutitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 08:49 AM   #13
omigeo
Alpha Flight

!! damn pricing on this...hmmm
But
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 10:23 AM   #14
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
!! damn pricing on this...hmmm
But
Agreed! Like mentioned up above, I guess the silicone body and hair fibers etc... raised the price, the base is pretty elaborate as well, and I guess being a T rex they figure people will spend more. I'm usually worried about sideshow releasing something I want during 12 days so I'm cautious about what I order, but after the last few years I dont expect much anymore so I'm gonna go ahead and order this piece
Old 11-11-2022, 03:57 PM   #15
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

man, that looks great, nice to see a different interpretation of the famous rex, size is really nice too, price makes it iffy
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 07:26 PM   #16
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuehungry View Post
man, that looks great, nice to see a different interpretation of the famous rex, size is really nice too, price makes it iffy
Yeah I love it, Pose, Base and the 1/15 scale is great, price is high, really high considering the other damtoys dinos were fairly cheap, however I couldn't pass it up, just too beautiful of a statue for me, and thank goodness sideshow offers payment plans
Old 11-12-2022, 01:14 PM   #17
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Feathers, and now hairs? Something to keep in mind when considering this as an investment. JP is only kept afloat by sentimental nostalgia for the movies, not scientific accuracy. I have already relegated this genre to high fantasy science fiction. Makes it easier to enjoy.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 05:12 PM   #18
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Feathers, and now hairs? Something to keep in mind when considering this as an investment. JP is only kept afloat by sentimental nostalgia for the movies, not scientific accuracy. I have already relegated this genre to high fantasy science fiction. Makes it easier to enjoy.
Well stated mate! This latest offering from Damtoys is no exception. I see this statue as a character study, not a scientific reconstruction of T.rex.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 05:59 PM   #19
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Well stated mate! This latest offering from Damtoys is no exception. I see this statue as a character study, not a scientific reconstruction of T.rex.
I saw a guy on Facebook completely trashing the statue and damtoys in general, for inaccurate dinosaurs, well I'm no expert so I did some research, I found most paleontologists found the JP T rex to be pretty accurate minus the look of the skin/ feathers/ hair, which most said they were not sure about, I read in national geographic a paleontologist saying some people think the juveniles had feathers that went away as they aged and had possibly yes, hair, I know they dont think the T rex was as fast as in the movies or their vocal sound was like it was, but neither of those matter to a statue, the guy on Facebook said the snout should be longer, which I do agree with, but the picture he showed was a closed mouth, this is a open mouth growling look, so even that doesnt bother me, I also looked at the Sue fossil in the Chicago field museum, and when I look at this statue, it absolutely is a T rex, and one of the nicest ones I've saw in this scale, so I'm more than happy to add it to my collection, even if the head sculpt may be slightly Hollywooded up, remember these animals are long extinct, all interpretations of them are guesses to some extent
Old 11-13-2022, 05:32 PM   #20
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm pretty sure the Prehistoric Planet depiction is the most modern scientifically-accepted interpretation of the T-Rex right now. This statue is definitely more inspired by the classic Jurassic Park Rex. Structurally, that is.

The Prehistoric Planet depiction:

Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote