Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-28-2006, 10:01 AM   #1
Just_joseph
The Avengers

What do you do to help yourself lose weight?

What do you do to help yourself lose weight?

The reason I ask is because I need to lose a couple of pounds fast for a wedding in May. My black suit doesn't fit and I believe I have to lose about 15 pounds to get back into it. Besides the gym; what other tactics are suggested to reach my goal. I was planning on putting my finger down my throat daily to vomit. I should of taken it easy on the tortillas and beef patties.
Just_joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:57 AM   #2
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Cut down on mixing wheat with dairy or meat.

Don't have complex carbs like pasta, rice or bread unless ur planning to work them off afterward

Half an hour of excersise a day, not a lot of effort, but a big payoff.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:29 AM   #3
Babytoxie
Ghost

Don't eat within 3 or 4 hours of going to bed.

Walk/run after dinner.

Cut your meal sizes in half, even substituting just fruits/vegetables for some meals.

Drink water... water water water! No cokes, booze, etc. Fruit juice has mucho sugar and calories. Milk... well, we can live with less.

Just be sure you get your vitamins!
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:43 AM   #4
CompEng1
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Stop shoveling in the food you fat bastard! Sorry, that's my tough love approach. Hate to be cliche' but, eat right and excercise...the only way to go.
CompEng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:47 AM   #5
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Burn more calories than you take in, pure and simple. That can mean to increase your physical activity, cut down on calories (which more often means to change WHAT you eat, not necessarily how MUCH you eat), but best of all a combination of both.

Drinking water throughout the day is good since it tricks your body into thinking your stomach is full. If you need to have carbs (and you should never cut them out completely), stick with non-processed foods (stay away from pasta, bagels, white bread, rice...) and go with more natural carbs (fruit, wheat breads, grains...).

I'm not so sure that when you eat foods makes that big a difference. Recent studies show that eating late at night vs earlier in the day has little to do with specific weight gain, though eating first thing in the morning is important to get your metabolism moving to help burn calories throughout the day. East a little something every few hours to keep your body burning.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:51 AM   #6
kar-kar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

NO SODA! substitute with Water or natural fruit juices,No late night eating,moderate exercise and start your day with a nice breakfast.
kar-kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:01 PM   #7
rychehitman
Galactus

Sell all your statues for below retail cost to fellow board members....the tears will take off the pounds!!!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:04 PM   #8
metalsquid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

visit http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16 and read all the stickies. it's all there. if you're serious about fitting into that suit by May, follow their advice. these people maintain low body fat % as a lifestyle.

building on Galactus' advice, there are many online calculators to figure out one's maintenence calorie number. they all vary somewhat so Google a few and try them out. from there, you'll know HOW much less you need to eat.

remember 1 lb of body fat = 3500 calories

so to lose 15lbs by May, that's 2lbs a week = 1000 calories a day. it's going to be tough to eat 1000 calories less a day. i'd aim for 500 and squeeze in 30mins of moderate daily excercise to burn off the rest.

Good Luck
metalsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:14 PM   #9
Logan
Kindly Asked To Leave

how much is 1 lb in pounds or grams?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:15 PM   #10
bat_collector
Galactus

Dont' drink soda. That's jsut too much sugar you're body doesn't need. Drink water instead.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote