Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-05-2006, 05:09 PM   #11
Tattoo-X

My wife the suck up.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:14 PM   #12
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

I"ve gotten piss drunk with several of the mods and consider those same cats good friends. They are all good peeps, so word.

Now Jagerbombs and Loki's venom for everyone...

(ckisnd, you better be ready for SDCC... )
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:14 PM   #13
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

First off I'd like to say I have no problem with Mods whatsoever and based on my experiences they all seem to be very friendly and helpful on this site but since the subject has been brought up there is one issue I'd like to take up with them. Why isn't there more merging of similar threads? I've asked this question in the past with little to no response so I suppose its possible I'm the only one who cares about this issue. I only bring it up because I enjoy these boards but feel that many of the sections are unnecessarily messy.

A good example of how out of control this can get was a few weeks ago when the GG International Darth Maul was hitting there were 5 different threads in the GG section on the first page alone. I understand they each may have been started with the intention of passing along new information but they're all centered around the same item. I also understand people want to grab everyones attention and that is usually the intent behind starting a new thread rather than posting in an existing one but I think many times it has the opposite effect because you start another subscription that others who may not frequent the site regularly will notice. Merging these threads would not only fix that problem by notifying everyone who has posted or subscribed to existing threads but in the long run could considerably reduce the urge to start a new thread instead of posting in an existing one.

Thoughts??
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:29 PM   #14
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
I"ve gotten piss drunk with several of the mods and consider those same cats good friends. They are all good peeps, so word.

Now Jagerbombs and Loki's venom for everyone...

(ckisnd, you better be ready for SDCC... )
I look forward to drinking with you in SDCC Sam! I rarely get piss drunk, and I'm sure you could drink me under the table but I'd be glad to tip a few with ya!
Old 04-05-2006, 05:33 PM   #15
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow
I look forward to drinking with you in SDCC Sam! I rarely get piss drunk, and I'm sure you could drink me under the table but I'd be glad to tip a few with ya!

hobbit, you up for some single malt? We'll have to have a whiskey or two...
Old 04-05-2006, 05:38 PM   #16
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy
First off I'd like to say I have no problem with Mods whatsoever and based on my experiences they all seem to be very friendly and helpful on this site but since the subject has been brought up there is one issue I'd like to take up with them. Why isn't there more merging of similar threads? I've asked this question in the past with little to no response so I suppose its possible I'm the only one who cares about this issue. I only bring it up because I enjoy these boards but feel that many of the sections are unnecessarily messy.

A good example of how out of control this can get was a few weeks ago when the GG International Darth Maul was hitting there were 5 different threads in the GG section on the first page alone. I understand they each may have been started with the intention of passing along new information but they're all centered around the same item. I also understand people want to grab everyones attention and that is usually the intent behind starting a new thread rather than posting in an existing one but I think many times it has the opposite effect because you start another subscription that others who may not frequent the site regularly will notice. Merging these threads would not only fix that problem by notifying everyone who has posted or subscribed to existing threads but in the long run could considerably reduce the urge to start a new thread instead of posting in an existing one.

Thoughts??
The simple answer is: We don't want to bother with it. We figure that natural selection will weed out the 4 "useless" threads and the 1 main one will go on. It also happens to be the case that when you merge the threads together, everything gets all messy and confusing. This usually results in someone starting yet ANOTHER thread to try and clear things up. The best thing to do is just ignore some of them and let them die on their own.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:59 PM   #17
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

the funny part of tats post was she said some people "FEAR" the mods....thats just funny.,,,,,reallllllllllllly scary bunch! lol

but seriously theyre all great guys(yeah you to zurby) and do what they gotta do..
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:07 PM   #18
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
hobbit, you up for some single malt? We'll have to have a whiskey or two...
Single malt scotch?
Old 04-05-2006, 06:08 PM   #19
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint
the funny part of tats post was she said some people "FEAR" the mods....thats just funny.,,,,,reallllllllllllly scary bunch! lol

but seriously theyre all great guys(yeah you to zurby) and do what they gotta do..
See how fast you pee your pants if you saw Zurb in a dark alley!
Old 04-05-2006, 06:10 PM   #20
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow
Single malt scotch?

or irish whiskey, either.