Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-05-2006, 06:37 PM   #21
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

Never had a problem with the mods. They always try to help if I have a question.
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:42 PM   #22
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDura711
Mods are good. FOR ME TO POOP ON!
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:43 PM   #23
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus
The simple answer is: We don't want to bother with it. We figure that natural selection will weed out the 4 "useless" threads and the 1 main one will go on. It also happens to be the case that when you merge the threads together, everything gets all messy and confusing. This usually results in someone starting yet ANOTHER thread to try and clear things up. The best thing to do is just ignore some of them and let them die on their own.
Well I appreciate your response even though I disagree with the logic. I don't think its that confusing if a thread is merged since it still shows up on the thread page as "moved." If that prompts someone to start yet another thread it could just be deleted by a Mod. In the end though its your decision whether you want to actually keep a section organized or not but I always thought that was the main purpose of having a moderator in the first place.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:52 PM   #24
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy
Well I appreciate your response even though I disagree with the logic. I don't think its that confusing if a thread is merged since it still shows up on the thread page as "moved." If that prompts someone to start yet another thread it could just be deleted by a Mod. In the end though its your decision whether you want to actually keep a section organized or not but I always thought that was the main purpose of having a moderator in the first place.
HB I have to agree with G to a great degree. I have and will continue to merge threads when it makes obvious sense but lots of time all it will do is muck things up. And at some point someone is going to complain about why their thread A was merged with your thread B and not the other way around. Trust me, it happens. I do hear you though about having countless threads on the same exact subject. We don't really need it. The guilty party is the person who puts up a new thread knowing that one already exists. Sometimes it is warranted because the subject matter may in fact be slightly different but most times it's not. Folks just need to look around for a few minutes before putting up a new thread on a popular subject. Come on, if you are going to put up a thread entitled Coca Sucks you just have to know that there are already 3 or 4 just like it out there. G also makes another good point. One or two threads will inevitably draw most of the attention and the others will fade away and die. Well, until Sniper wakes up two months later and decides to bring them back to life.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:19 PM   #25
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
Folks just need to look around for a few minutes before putting up a new thread on a popular subject.
Yeah I agree, it just doesn't seem to happen anywhere near as much as it should and seeing as how I favor structure over chaos I thought it couldn't hurt to express my opinion while I had the Mod's ear. Thanks for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
Come on, if you are going to put up a thread entitled Coca Sucks you just have to know that there are already 3 or 4 just like it out there.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:19 PM   #26
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

dear mod(s),
tonight i pray for world (or atleast board ) peace - bring much needed statues and busts to the needy and for the love of all thats good - BAN COCA
amen

Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:23 PM   #27
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker
dear mod(s),
tonight i pray for world (or atleast board ) peace - bring much needed statues and busts to the needy and for the love of all thats good - BAN COCA
amen

Screw you Met fan.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #28
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker
dear mod(s),
amen

I think we can come through on at least the "for the love of all that's good" part for you. It's just a matter of time but you can count on it.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:51 PM   #29
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

The Mod's are purdy........
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:26 PM   #30
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo S
Recently I was talking with a fellow forum member and we got on the subject of Mods....Over all I think that people/members have an oversion to moderators because they fear them on some level.
Oh, for the love of God! Please don't throw fuel on that fire.
j/k, mods please don't strike me down with your great vengence and furious anger.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote