Old 09-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #511
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #512
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Barb, I have for the rest of the girls. But, unfortunately, by the time the BD drama happened, Amber was already sold out at GG, so there was nothing I could do at that point, but what I am doing now.

Sweet Pea and Rocket are now direct, and so will Blondie when she goes up.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #513
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I guess all we can do at this point NorthernLad is hope for the best. I am thinking that Entertainment Earth might be a safe bet since they carry a lot of GG exclusives and might have a special relationship with GG which might increase the chances of getting their orders filled.
Entertainment earth is not a safe bet they canceled my baby doll. They always over sell everything.

I can't see how it would be gentle giants fault if they have to allocate to stores. After all there is only 1300 pieces. How can gentle giant be responsible for a store that over sales a statue. The stores taking the preorders need to have some common sense.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #514
superboylives
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I can't see how it would be gentle giants fault if they have to allocate to stores. After all there is only 1300 pieces. How can gentle giant be responsible for a store that over sales a statue. The stores taking the preorders need to have some common sense.
Well it is GG's fault if they oversell on their website and don't provide the promised amount to their distributors who in turn can't provide the amount ordered by retailers. You know the saying sh** rolls down hill and consumers are at the bottom.

I ordered Amber from 4 different e-tailers(6 statues total), because I assumed getting her would be a problem. We'll see who comes through. Btw, GG was already sold out when I ordered.
superboylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #515
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Barb, I have for the rest of the girls. But, unfortunately, by the time the BD drama happened, Amber was already sold out at GG, so there was nothing I could do at that point, but what I am doing now.

Sweet Pea and Rocket are now direct, and so will Blondie when she goes up.
Good man. Yeah, I remember you already said that about Amber. Sorry, I forgot for a moment there.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #516
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboylives View Post
Well it is GG's fault if they oversell on their website and don't provide the promised amount to their distributors who in turn can't provide the amount ordered by retailers. You know the saying sh** rolls down hill and consumers are at the bottom.

I ordered Amber from 4 different e-tailers(6 statues total), because I assumed getting her would be a problem. We'll see who comes through. Btw, GG was already sold out when I ordered.
This is what I am talking about. GG gave the shaft to many distributors/retailers on BD. That was the main reason retailers couldn't fulfill all of their orders on BD.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #517
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Entertainment earth is not a safe bet they canceled my baby doll. They always over sell everything.

EE came through on the %50 off with baby doll for me, so I have to give them props, of course so late in the game might be difficult to secure one.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #518
stormshadow007
Death is hereditary.

Really amazing detail on Amber. The zippers, belts, meshing, and outer stitching were just well done. It's an added bonus that the box is slim and not bulky too...hahaha...easy storage.
stormshadow007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #519
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboylives View Post

What makes you think there is a promised amount to distributers?

I guess it is easier for you to blame gentle giant than your local comic shop.

Bottom line is if you wanted to guaranteed statue you would be a guild member
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #520
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

You know, I can see both points. Yes, to be guaranteed go through GG direct. Yes, I still feel like retailers got screwed on this one. So, to a certain extent, I am 50/50 on this issue.

HOWEVER, with that being said, these statues are THE ONLY statues I have ever had this drama obtaining. Never with a Moore statue, a Sideshow statue, a Kotobukiya, have I ever experienced getting cancelled orders, having to order through 3 places, just to MAYBE get one.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote