Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 12-08-2015, 07:17 PM   #51
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Shifletts are awesome! Their Thanos is untouchable, IMHO.

Let's not forget Keith Kopinski/KDawg, who's Executioner is the definition of badass, not to mention his Super Skrull and Wrecking Crew busts!

Last edited by wktf; 12-09-2015 at 12:09 AM.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:06 PM   #52
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Man do I ever hope Bowen returns. Even if the price of the general statue increases for inflation or whatever, a 200-300 price point would totally be welcome compared to some of the prices we are seeing with these 1/4 and 1/3 scale statues. I feel like I'm being priced out of the hobby just as I'm getting started!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:36 PM   #53
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Man do I ever hope Bowen returns. Even if the price of the general statue increases for inflation or whatever, a 200-300 price point would totally be welcome compared to some of the prices we are seeing with these 1/4 and 1/3 scale statues. I feel like I'm being priced out of the hobby just as I'm getting started!
Who knows if and when Bowen returns that he will continue with 6th and 7th scale statues. He might just go bigger. I do not think the majority of collectors go with 1/3 though. Most normal wage earners don't have enough room for how big they are let alone price. Having said that, I am definitely going to po prime 1's Death Stroke. He may just be my centerpiece for awhile. The thing to remember with this hobby is that it's a journey, not the destination. Most folks can't by everything...especially in 1/4th. Most people have to make decisions and pass on statues they would love to have. Let's face it...were collectors and we want to have the entire collection. Just yesterday I had to make the decision to drop modern Thor and darkseid pas to be able to afford death stroke. Having said all that...I pray you are right and Bowen comes back and gets a marvel license and continues where he left off.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 04:12 PM   #54
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I think that what will happen with Bowen Designs products will be the same that has happened with WDCC (Walt Disney Collector Club). They quit making pieces a while back but much like Bowen they have pieces that go for a lot and some that don't. Like Disney, there will always be fans of Comics that will collect his stuff and keep the values up. JMHO.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:25 PM   #55
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I think that what will happen with Bowen Designs products will be the same that has happened with WDCC (Walt Disney Collector Club). They quit making pieces a while back but much like Bowen they have pieces that go for a lot and some that don't. Like Disney, there will always be fans of Comics that will collect his stuff and keep the values up. JMHO.
I agree with you, Master Hobbit. A great statue will always be a great statue. Can't see Sinister, Apocalypse, Hulkbuster, and the like ever losing value. Some of the others, sure.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 03:57 AM   #56
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

What will help Bowen aftermarket sales is continued production of 1/6 scale statues in the market. If the market has a company that is consistently producing 1/6 scale, then Bowen`s will remain relevant because the need to fill holes, complete teams and pair up statues will be in demand. If the 1/6 production halts, it may decline as collectors will focus on other scales. IMO, 1/6 scale is the prime scale for collecting as they are not too small and not too big for displaying.

The one area that Bowen separates itself from others is the fact that they are true to the comic pages. Like Silver and Bronze Age goodness, the classics will always be an attraction to comic fans. These creative takes on characters from other companies seem more like trends than treasures.
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:20 AM   #57
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
What will help Bowen aftermarket sales is continued production of 1/6 scale statues in the market. If the market has a company that is consistently producing 1/6 scale, then Bowen`s will remain relevant because the need to fill holes, complete teams and pair up statues will be in demand. If the 1/6 production halts, it may decline as collectors will focus on other scales. IMO, 1/6 scale is the prime scale for collecting as they are not too small and not too big for displaying.

The one area that Bowen separates itself from others is the fact that they are true to the comic pages. Like Silver and Bronze Age goodness, the classics will always be an attraction to comic fans. These creative takes on characters from other companies seem more like trends than treasures.
Great points, HB. Bowen was also able to take one license and do it justice! As much as I like SS, I feel they've got too much on their plate in terms of licenses. They don't do enough with each, and this scale exclusive nonsense keeps other producers from creating more content. It's really a shame.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 04:21 AM   #58
SuperJ300
Zot

These are crazy low prices on most of these now.

I mainly have the Avengers line up,which I think is the best Avengers display ever!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:39 PM   #59
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Will statues go up in value, or is this the peak of value, and now we'll see a decline? Thoughts?
I think this sort of thing utimately winds up hurting the value of statues more than anything else as the name becomes less and less relevant, especially with new collectors entering the market, and the lines of statues become less and less of a focus for collectors. I think collectors tend to be much more focused on new releases and when a company is active and producing new statues...well, I think that only increases value and interest in thier statues.

Obviously, just how much it would effect the value depends on the individual statues. I just can't see this type of thing being a positive regarding value, especially over the long term. Initially, collectors might try and find particular statues they had an interest in buying but as the months and years pass, they will fade more and more into the background of the industry which equals less demand and hence lower prices. Of course, that's just my opinion.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:16 PM   #60
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Dunno. I see old stuff, like old Warner Brothers Store exclusives, still going for pretty good coin. Like some here have said, the future value will depend on the quality of pieces, popularity of sentimental vale of characters, etc., and some will keep or increase value while others won't.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote