Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #551
Demona
Martian Manhunter

About to sell your Storm?! Say it aint so! I have Storm front and center just waiting for WW to stand next to her.

The two powerhouse women of DC and Marvel representin in my geek room. I can't wait!!

Though I may be biased as Storm is my be-all-end-all fave. AND the statue is flawless with wonderful exclusives. I wish I loved that pony tail look, but I hated in the cartoon. LOVED the cartoon. Hated her bad hairstyle.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #552
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Sometimes a $20 difference is all you need to justify a buy. I'm not the biggest fan of Emma Frost, but I'd pre-order her now if she cost $20 less. Unfortunately, the Heat14 code doesn't work on her product. Maybe another code will come along for her down the line.
Yeah I am hoping for code to use on Emma too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
For me that code did not work on Jean, nor on Emma. First it detracts the 20USD but when I proceed to checkout it says it's not eligible for this order.
Whew, you had me worried for a sec. Just checked my order and code worked and order discounted. I guess SS removed it for Jean or they will send me an email to say sorry s mistake and remove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
For Jean I will buy the EX. I also loved the original cartoon. So, I had to get the exclusive. I am just really hoping that she looks better in person. I was just about to sell my Storm ex, but now I will wait to see how they look together. I really regret selling my Bowen Jean, it was perfect
I think Jean will be like Scarlet Witch, where in hand pics were better.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #553
Y3E
Gen 13

OMG! Less than 60 EX remaining!
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:31 PM   #554
Ohrai_Fan
The Spirit

I put down a deposit for the ex pretty much on day 1, but I'm leaning hard towards letting this one go. I'd only be buying it to complete a set and not because I like it for its own merit.
Ohrai_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:36 PM   #555
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohrai_Fan View Post
I put down a deposit for the ex pretty much on day 1, but I'm leaning hard towards letting this one go. I'd only be buying it to complete a set and not because I like it for its own merit.
Yeah, I would say axe it! Stick with statues that you really like and want. This hobby is expensive enough just buying the statues you like.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:39 PM   #556
TheStig88
The X-Men

What OC said, axe it. Far to expensive to buy just for completion's sake.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:34 PM   #557
dechirico7
The Flash

I cancelled. I don't think this one will be too hard to find later.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:27 AM   #558
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohrai_Fan View Post
SSC or someone will make another Jean Grey eventually. Igo was even checking out interest for an SSC phoenix not long ago. If you don't like a statue, it is better to be patient for another (i.e. better) one to spring up if you must be a completionist.

I myself was lucky to snag a pre-order with the XM Phoenix. There was no way I was buying this from SSC.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:10 AM   #559
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
SSC or someone will make another Jean Grey eventually. Igo was even checking out interest for an SSC phoenix not long ago. If you don't like a statue, it is better to be patient for another (i.e. better) one to spring up if you must be a completionist.

I myself was lucky to snag a pre-order with the XM Phoenix. There was no way I was buying this from SSC.
I'm pretty damn sure that is a waste of his time as it's a no brainer and she should have been made years ago.

Why doesn't he ask about a Magneto, Brown Wolverine and/or Juggernaut next.

(No offense meant to you, Igo. I know you're just doing your job)
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:24 AM   #560
dechirico7
The Flash

Well if they do ever release a Phoenix, hopefully they go more classic with it. I would like one without the black turtle neck, way too high Phoenix symbol, not such an ugly Phoenix base (looks like a canary on fire), and a better paint job. Maybe some gloss, not just flat matte paint. I might be forced just to do customs to get the Phoenix pieces I want. I just received the most beautiful Phoenix piece to date. I just have to take pictures of it.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote