Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #301
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideAnomaly View Post
Mine arrived today, but I haven't had a chance to open it. However… it sounded like something was rattling around inside.
Don't panic yet, sometimes that's just the little silica gel packets rolling around. They've scared the crap out of me a couple of times!
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:51 PM   #302
jetfuel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Okay, I've had a couple of hours with this one. First thing to get out there, this is nice and the size really shouldn't be a worry. Yes it isn't the largest LSB out there but it is fitting for the bug like Warrior Aliens, it will pose just fine with the P1 for example. What it lacks in height it more than makes up for in length. It is slightly blue, but fortunately not overly so. In fact it changes colour by the looks of it, sitting here now it looks almost black as the day dulls down. There are some nice highlights in the paint work also, it is one of the better production paint apps I'd say if not as nice as the prototype (what is) The sculpt is nice and the little art piece on the back is a nice touch. In fact. the whole thing is good overall.

So, the bad bits of which there are two main ones. The teeth they are just a dull silver and nothing like the prototype, they are also quite sloppy with silver and black in the wrong places, they need a repaint and doing so will transform the piece I am sure, small finishes like this make all the difference and I wish they were included on production pieces. Secondly, the tendons on the side of the mouth are just poorly fitted plastic strips, they look cheap and will need filling, sanding and repainting to become part of the bust imo. The other negatives should hopefully be specific to mine. There is a large paint chip on the rear of hisnterested to see if anybody else has this issue? I'll try to add a picture but it isn't pushed in properly and the area hasn't been painted either so is quite noticeable from certain angles. Also they only put three pads on my EX plaque so it sits on its back end. I'll just try and find some stick on pads for this.

Just QC problems mostly then. Otherwise this is a great little bust and I recommend it, Alien fans be very happy with it.
The pads on the plaque seem to be a design choice as mine leans back on 3 pads as well. I was surprised at how light this was compared to the Preds. The paint on mine seems to be fine.
jetfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:38 AM   #303
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel View Post
The pads on the plaque seem to be a design choice as mine leans back on 3 pads as well. I was surprised at how light this was compared to the Preds. The paint on mine seems to be fine.
What?! She's hollow?
Didn't even think to ask, just assumed it would be solid.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:51 AM   #304
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel View Post
The pads on the plaque seem to be a design choice as mine leans back on 3 pads as well.
Thanks jetfuel, not sure why they did that, I guess they saved money on 2250 little pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
What?! She's hollow?
Didn't even think to ask, just assumed it would be solid.

Yeah, I forgot to mention, if you compare this to something like the P1 LSB, it is really light. Surprisingly light in fact.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:38 AM   #305
hnguyen45471
Fantastic Four

Mine arrived. Even though it's smaller than I thought, it's still very cool nonetheless. Very detail.

hnguyen45471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:39 AM   #306
Hemooo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

great pics!!! will be getting mine today.
Hemooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:40 AM   #307
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

damnit looks like my bust is stuck in customs actually my gladiator hulk which didn't ship until Monday has caught it up and is in customs also
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #308
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Great pictures hnguy.
Can see alot of Brown in yours.

Posted on the Freaks board, Hope you don't mind.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:48 AM   #309
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mine is due today!!
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #310
hnguyen45471
Fantastic Four

Thanks guys. I don't mind at all Collectorcol.
hnguyen45471 is offline   Reply With Quote