Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-05-2020, 11:32 AM   #2861
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
It is pretty funny when you think about it...a man whose superhuman power is obesity wearing a bikini. I don't think you can have him in anything else, but will a statue company really come out with this? He'd be about as big as Juggernaut but much sweatier.
Lol "much sweatier". Isn't that the truth. I wonder if they would incorporate the sweat beads into the statue sculpt ha.

But yea I mean he could be a cool statue, if it is a more serious pose, but the outfit would look odd regardless I'd believe. Maybe this is a situation where SS needs to take some "liberties" with the costume to make it more compatible.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:37 AM   #2862
Mister H
Youngblood

With everyone being so sensitive to the tiniest things these days, I highly doubt SS would make a Blob statue. Would be cool to see though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:14 PM   #2863
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
With everyone being so sensitive to the tiniest things these days, I highly doubt SS would make a Blob statue. Would be cool to see though.

Hell yeah. I always liked the character. Ever since I picked up the Marvel Fanfare issue when I was a kid with Hulk fighting The Blob. Cool issue.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:23 PM   #2864
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Seeing the route they are taking it might be pretty likely they will do it, since it seems to be brotherhood vs x-men throughout what's being done in the line now. (ya ya i know they don't always finish lines)

Will it have a high ES ? Doubt it, probably be less than juggernaut, unless they do something like Blob with Toad. Even then i imagine it will still be one of the lower edition sizes.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:30 PM   #2865
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
I would think that making a Blob statue might be the opposite statement. Its not body shaming because Blob is wearing what he wants to wear. And he owns his look and powers.

If Sideshow ever actually intended to make an actual Brotherhood set, they would need to do Blob, Toad, and Pyro. As we know they will never actually do that, we will never see those three characters. It's like asking for a Beast, Archangel, Jubilee, and Bishop. Falls on deaf ears.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:36 PM   #2866
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Unfortunately, unless Marvel or Diamond would produce some of those characters and with Bowen not being around, I do not think we will see these characters done. It would be cool to see some of the lower tier characters being done like what Tweeterhead is doing with the Super Powers line.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:42 PM   #2867
Mister H
Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I would think that making a Blob statue might be the opposite statement. Its not body shaming because Blob is wearing what he wants to wear. And he owns his look and powers.
Hey, I hope they do make him. That would look cool and be another example of SS stepping up their game. But it would be a statue of a morbidly obese person who’s named “Blob”.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:52 PM   #2868
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
IS just revealed their PYRO today and it looks awesome!

WHY can't SS get on board with a Pyro.
This looks really cool
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 01:06 PM   #2869
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
If Sideshow ever actually intended to make an actual Brotherhood set, they would need to do Blob, Toad, and Pyro. As we know they will never actually do that, we will never see those three characters. It's like asking for a Beast, Archangel, Jubilee, and Bishop. Falls on deaf ears.
Ok, i guess we will just join you and just cry about it then in frustration cause they are not release them fast enough in an order you like.

You should have just bought the XM sentinel diorama to get all of them in one shot. But i'm sure they are not perfect so they need to go back and do them correctly.

Or we can flood there inboxes and hope the next reveals this July/12 days of SS or in between, we see one of them. If not maybe they will have a cool character in between to hold us over that we probably wanted to.

Quote:
Hey, I hope they do make him. That would look cool and be another example of SS stepping up their game. But it would be a statue of a morbidly obese person who’s named “Blob”.
So you are saying for the sake of being PC they won't do him ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
This looks really cool
Yes he does for sure!!
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 01:20 PM   #2870
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
It would be cool. I've seen Blob drawn muscular. Fat muscles kind of like King Pin. I think it could look awesome. I can dream can I.....
The General is offline   Reply With Quote