Old 12-23-2020, 09:32 PM   #321
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I’ll be so sad if movie theatres go under
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 11:50 PM   #322
qz33
Doctor Doom

Is there any scientific evidence that it doesn't spread in theaters?
Man this is silly. Any unnecssary gatherings in proximity/social engagements that are easy to avoid should be avoided. Yeah if someone wipes their snot on the door handle you just touched you're getting it but at the end of the day this is an airborne disease spread by people sharing the same air. And here's some simple logic: the vast majority of all these cases right now are people that thought they wouldn't get it.

Like a fool I went to a theater to see Halloween. Hadn't seen anyone other than same 2 family members since March. Figured not many would care about an old movie. Get there only 2 of us and 2 other people. Signs requiring masks, roped seats, etc. etc. So we sit away from everyone and things are good. Then right before show start 2 guys sit down in front of us as close as they were allowed. Once Michael appears guy starts coughing NON-STOP. Thought he was choking and things would clear up or he would get up. Nope literal 30 minute hack fest. We moved further back. Guy finally calmed down to only every couple of minutes.

Taught me a lesson that none of this risk was necessary or even worth it. This bug just isn't deadly enough to convince people that whatever activity isn't really worth the risk. I've learned so much from all this. If this was a deadly as MERS-Cov there'd literally be killings in the streets.

As far as movie theaters closing please. Yeah maybe a mom and pop here or there but consolidation and poor financial decisions all for stock prices have put big theater corporations in a bind even before the pandemic. People aren't going to stop going to the movies.

Most people are dying from this all to prop up the facade of a declining monetary system.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:22 AM   #323
built2shred
Phoenix

In the short term we will probably lose some theaters but once COVID is over (whenever that will be) investors will put money into reopening theaters again, although I imagine the days of Theaters having 3 months of exclusive showings before going to VOD are probably over... I imagine studios might give Theaters 2-4 weeks exclusive viewing before going VOD....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 03:40 PM   #324
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Is there any scientific evidence that it doesn't spread in theaters?
Man this is silly. Any unnecssary gatherings in proximity/social engagements that are easy to avoid should be avoided. Yeah if someone wipes their snot on the door handle you just touched you're getting it but at the end of the day this is an airborne disease spread by people sharing the same air. And here's some simple logic: the vast majority of all these cases right now are people that thought they wouldn't get it.

Like a fool I went to a theater to see Halloween. Hadn't seen anyone other than same 2 family members since March. Figured not many would care about an old movie. Get there only 2 of us and 2 other people. Signs requiring masks, roped seats, etc. etc. So we sit away from everyone and things are good. Then right before show start 2 guys sit down in front of us as close as they were allowed. Once Michael appears guy starts coughing NON-STOP. Thought he was choking and things would clear up or he would get up. Nope literal 30 minute hack fest. We moved further back. Guy finally calmed down to only every couple of minutes.

Taught me a lesson that none of this risk was necessary or even worth it. This bug just isn't deadly enough to convince people that whatever activity isn't really worth the risk. I've learned so much from all this. If this was a deadly as MERS-Cov there'd literally be killings in the streets.

As far as movie theaters closing please. Yeah maybe a mom and pop here or there but consolidation and poor financial decisions all for stock prices have put big theater corporations in a bind even before the pandemic. People aren't going to stop going to the movies.

Most people are dying from this all to prop up the facade of a declining monetary system.
I work with mental health and I can say for sure that extreme social isolation is incredibly dangerous too. The number of cases of anxiety and depression that are getting worse with the pandemic is shocking, with an increase in suicidal ideation and post traumatic stress disorder. Pacients which the non pharmacological treatment is crucial are also getting worse. In some cases, we are recommending for the patient to do some activities, even if it means getting out of the house (with safety measures of course). In the end health is not defined by the absense of the disease.

This response is not for you in particular. It's just some thoughts I had about some of the topics being discussed here. I don't think it's just a matter of "health = being in full social isolation".

If cinemas are a valid activity for mental health is another topic... but I see a lot people way to radical about some topics regarding the coronavirus.

Edit: and I don't think that are any scientific evidence that it doesn't spread in theaters. I actually think it's very possible to spread acording to the number of people and the measures that the cinema take.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 03:52 PM   #325
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

so big question is for those who have seen it, is it good?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 04:16 PM   #326
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Fail. Very vanilla. Very disappointed in this. Aquaman was better imo. 6/10
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 04:18 PM   #327
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Just finished it. It’s a potato, as my wife would say. Starts off pretty good, they incorporate some cool call backs, but that stupid hawk girl suit serves no purpose and she has new powers now. The ending kind of kills it and I was fighting off sleep. On the plus side I kept hearing how ‘woke’ it was but really didn’t think that was much of a problem.

Glad I got to see it at home, for free.

I’ll add one point why theaters will close. They don’t own the real estate. That’s what is going to get them. They mostly lease their locations.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 04:31 PM   #328
Augen
Metal Men

Anecdote: I tried to see it today, my local cinema went out of business so drove to one bit away. They were sold out every screening today and tomorrow so be a while before I can see it.

I have no idea if this means nationwide, but they said "Wonder Woman is saving us".
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 04:40 PM   #329
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Anecdote: I tried to see it today, my local cinema went out of business so drove to one bit away. They were sold out every screening today and tomorrow so be a while before I can see it.

I have no idea if this means nationwide, but they said "Wonder Woman is saving us".
Are they allowed to fill theaters, or only a %?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 05:23 PM   #330
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
I wished it was a better movie
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote