Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-05-2016, 02:58 AM   #1
Mariner
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Warning: Wagner Reis is Vg Cardoso

It's been a long time comic art fans. And I wouldn't be breaking my silence if it wasn't important.

A few years back, I was representing Wagner Reis for commissions after he broke away from Comicon Art and Ed Benes Studios. And for a while, it worked out. But then Wagner fired me as his rep because I wouldn't take on more than a handful of commissions at a time.

When we split, Wagner said that he would take care of the people who had commissioned him through me. As far as I know, he has not. I know of at least one client that he stiffed on a $700 commission.

As for myself, I'm out $1,200 on commissions that Wagner actually finished, but he refused to send them to me. I warned him that if he did that, I would tell his perspective employers in the comic biz. But he did it, and then he disappeared.

But guess what? Wagner is back with Ed Benes Studios, and he's using the name Vg Cardoso. So, this is me getting that info out in the wild to make sure that he doesn't burn more comic art fans in the future. Whatever you do, do not commission this f***er, he will take the money and run. I've been collecting art for 16 years, and he is the most dishonorable artist I have ever met. He is simply a thief, and you should all know this and avoid him if you can.

I regret ever getting involved with Wagner, not only for my own loss of funds, but for the clients he defrauded. I don't want that to ever happen again.

If there are any of you out there that Wagner still owes artwork to, start sending messages to Ed Benes Studio about it. They should know who they're dealing with, although I suspect that they already do.
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:08 AM   #2
Mr. Machismo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Thanks for sharing. Sorry to hear that.
Mr. Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:11 AM   #3
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Bleeding Cool

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:30 AM   #4
risingstar
Jedi Order

Darn. Always sad to hear that this sort of thing is still going on...
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:17 PM   #5
CJ82
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Sorry to hear, but the more I find myself in this hobby the more it becomes clear how important outing problematic artists is, as well as building a community of trusted buyers and sellers. Gotta protect ourselves, both artists and buyers.
CJ82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:06 PM   #6
Mariner

I just heard from Ed Benes Studios, and they said that they were unaware that Wagner was Vg. They also mentioned that they refused Wagner's request to offer commissions through them, presumably because they are aware of his well earned reputation as a flake and a thief.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:32 AM   #7
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82 View Post
Sorry to hear, but the more I find myself in this hobby the more it becomes clear how important outing problematic artists is, as well as building a community of trusted buyers and sellers. Gotta protect ourselves, both artists and buyers.
Agree completely.

Mariner, thank you very much for the heads up. Good to see Ed Benes Studio doing the right thing and presumably only selling his completed pieces.
Ghost9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:29 AM   #8
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

how did you detect that they were the same person?
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:52 PM   #9
Mariner

Hi Carlito, if you DM me, I'll tell you. But I don't want that info out in the public, otherwise Wagner would figure out how I knew it was him.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:23 PM   #10
Arcusprime
Shadowhawk

Thanks for the heads up!
Arcusprime is offline   Reply With Quote