Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-04-2014, 11:50 PM   #21
AsOneDead
You got red on you

GENERAL INFO:
- Next-gen only.
- Single player only. No multiplayer.
- Arkham Knight isn’t just the name of the game, it’s also the name of a brand new villain. Rocksteady is working with DC’s Geoff Johns to create the character from scratch.
- Batman starts the game in the Arkham City suit, but gets a new costume early on.
- Takes place in a central zone of Gotham City split into 3 islands. 5 times bigger than Arkham City.
- The level of detail in Gotham City is some of the most impressive Game Informer has ever seen in a video game.
- Takes place one year after Arkham City.
- With The Joker dead, Gotham’s villains come together to try to take down Batman.
- Scarecrow, Two-Face, Penguin, and Harley Quinn are all confirmed.
- Kevin Conroy is back as Batman. Troy Baker is Two-Face, Nolan North is Penguin, Tara Strong is Harley Quinn, and Wally Wingert is Ridder.
- Batman visits with Oracle in the game, she’s not just a voice in his earpiece anymore.
- Cut scenes are all done in game, so it doesn’t feel like you’re playing a game and then watching a movie.
- The characters are incredibly detailed. One has the polygon count of Arkham Aslyum, the whole environment.
- Batman’s cape and character’s clothing reacts realistically to wind and movement.
- All quick-fire gadgets can now be used during flight.
- Batman can perform a quick ground strike to downed opponents.
- Interrogations are back.
- Batman can incorporate the environment into his combat combos like never before.
- Fear takedowns allow Batman to take out multiple enemies in slow motion, as long as he isn’t spotted.
- This is Rocksteady’s last Batman game. There will be a clear ending to their Arkham trilogy. It’s possible that WB Games Montreal may still make Batman games set in the Arkham Origins time period.

BATMOBLIE INFO

- Rocksteady set out to make the best car in any game ever.
- It’s so detailed it would take up the space of an entire Xbox 360 game.
- It’s the only drive-able vehicle.
- Players can bring the Batmobile to their location with the press of a button.
- It can do burnouts, jumps, boosts, and even rotate in circles at a full stop to get you pointed in the right direction.
- It can smash through barricades, trees, and building corners.
- Batman can eject out of the Batmobile and go directly into gliding through the city.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:17 AM   #22
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Rocksteady was at the helm of City. I think you're thinking of Origins

Anyways I never played Origins as the report of glitches just turned me off the title.

Asylum => City => Origins => (now) Knight
Yes my mistake, the last one was what I meant.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:07 AM   #23
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

A very ambitious game and a worth send off to the series. I am sure that there will be Batman games until the end of time but it is time to retire the "Arkham" title IMHO. Even if everything established evolves the shoehorning of an overt tie to the Asylum in every game is starting to wear thin.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:44 AM   #24
damienjakk

I'd sell my soul for Rocksteady to do a Batman Beyond game in a similar or perhaps more action oriented style as the Arkham games.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:03 AM   #25
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Killer trailer! I've said it before, but I'll say it again, they need to make a feature length film in this style.
I've said this before too. I sometimes go on YouTube to watch Arkham Asylum, City, or Origins as full movies based on the cut scenes and minimum gameplay, all edited into a movie. It's great. DC Animation does great a Batman movies, not long enough though (74 mins., what's up with that?), but why can't they just do an animated feature in this style? It's better than live action with what they can do these days.
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:51 AM   #26
DRAGONTHEBOMB
I am da law!

They are saying it will be DOUBLE the map size of Arkham City...like WOW..Yes!!
DRAGONTHEBOMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:18 AM   #27
damienjakk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletn@mac.co View Post
I've said this before too. I sometimes go on YouTube to watch Arkham Asylum, City, or Origins as full movies based on the cut scenes and minimum gameplay, all edited into a movie. It's great. DC Animation does great a Batman movies, not long enough though (74 mins., what's up with that?), but why can't they just do an animated feature in this style? It's better than live action with what they can do these days.
Not exactly what you might be hoping for, but the next DC animated movie is titled "Assault on Arkham" and it's confirmed to be an adaptation of the Rocksteady games. DC has been hitting homeruns with their animated features lately, so I'm pretty excited for this next one.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:15 AM   #28
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletn@mac.co View Post
Agreed, they could have Batman do more extraordinary feats and make it believable. All of these high quality animations for these games have been quite amazing, I've watched them all numerous times.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #29
Vracula
Jedi Order

To make those lil cut scenes require a lot of man hours,See how long pixar take to make a movie.

I am all for it though.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #30
Darth Madden
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
well...might need to buy a PS4 when this comes out
Me too.
Darth Madden is offline   Reply With Quote