Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-29-2015, 02:12 AM   #91
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Still haven't bought anything from DC in years that aren't Batman B&W or Superman Metallic statues. Only pieces with anything that has solid production.
I've been quite happy with the quality of the Arkham video game based line.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:21 AM   #92
khrisc
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessJay View Post
Well, here's my dysfunctional piece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Gw...Ff2NIjcsSlJDLw

I haven't notice the glue issues. Mine is mostly relegated to the hands. So sad. I've wanted this statue for years too.
just watched your video..really disappointing effort for such a nice sculpt (aside from Supes' face)
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 01:51 PM   #93
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

damn i want this in my collection but don't feel like paying extra for a repaint or to have it fixed i guess my best bet is to find someone or a store that has it so they can show me pics of defects anyone got a perfect one?
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:28 AM   #94
FearlessJay
Hellboy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I've been quite happy with the quality of the Arkham video game based line.
The 10" lines I'm pretty happy with in terms of quality. Arkham, Cover Girls, Bombshells, Icons - Sure, they hall have their misses, but more hits than anything.

That's excluding artistic choice. Example: The design of some of the recent Cover Girls was odd, but it was a choice, not an error in production. I own, or did own, several in each line, and the quality has been pretty spot-on for the prices.

That said, between the Crock/Bats' issues I heard about, and the Supes/Darkseid problems I experienced, DC has really hurt any goodwill they were earning with me.
FearlessJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:10 AM   #95
khrisc
The X-Men

yeah i agree..the smaller pieces are coming out quite good..but the 1/6 diorama line are such a mess. its disappointing.
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:40 AM   #96
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

LOL for a long time DCD only did one thing well and that was made dioramas now they don't even do that well. The only thing we can hope for is that they will outsource more of their stuff out to other companies like GG.
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:59 AM   #97
Skully
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skully View Post
I got mine guys. The quality freakin sucks!!! Lol its not numbered and only 1 of superman's hand will fit into darkseid because the peg on supe's right hand is misaligned! I'm starting to doubt if i got a fake one since this is not numbered and it doesn't have a coa. Anybody got the same problem??
quick update on my ----ty statue. i just got a refund from the vendor. he asked to keep him anonymous which i will honor but this guy is really really one of the best and honest vendors on ebay you can find. at first he said i will get a replacement but after getting the replacement, he opened it to make sure superman will fit in darkseid as per my instructions and found the same issue and said its pointless to send it to me and just issued me a full refund. apparently DC Collectibles did not meet the standards on this particular statue and will no longer be selling it.

also a quick note, i sent this guy "Jim Fletcher
Creative Director, Creative Services DC Entertainment" a message regarding the issue. i got a message from him confirming this statue is not numbered and doesn't come with a COA and then asked me if i will be able to return the statue to the vendor. i sent him a reply, no response. i sent another message on why he did not answer my questions regarding the QC problems, horrible paint, fitting issues among others but never got a reply. SUPER DISAPPOINTING! to hell with this company. what a way to treat your customers!
Skully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:36 AM   #98
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Why Jim Fletcher? Is his division responsible for DC Collectibles?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 02:03 PM   #99
Skully
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Why Jim Fletcher? Is his division responsible for DC Collectibles?
no idea man. i sent "DCCOLLECTIBLES@dcentertainment.com" my e-mail regarding the problem and Jim Fletcher was the guy who responded once but never responded again! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Skully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:46 PM   #100
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

i saw this at my comic store no flaws believe it or not but the price they were asking i passed.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote