Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 04-26-2015, 03:24 PM   #121
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Why not try to go train with him.

I like how with the MK9 statues, and Klassic, then X coming...with buying the klassics.
I can use klassic skins with the guys I bought pieces of.

PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:45 PM   #122
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

anyone disappointed with the story mode?
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:56 PM   #123
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/12/03...paign=Blogroll
Old 12-03-2015, 11:31 PM   #124
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Word, an alien.

Why does the alien have wrist/arm blades?

And a late reply to your storymode question...I am still amazed people played it/cared for the "story".
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:12 PM   #125
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I like when people try making sense of it, or complain about continuity for that matter.

Anyway, Kombat PAck 2 is hot. Bo Rai Cho is such a great out of left field choice. I know people hated him in the PS2 era, but Midway and NRS are two completely different animals. If Tanya is anything to go by I'm psyched about what they have done to reinvent Bo Rai Cho.

Cyrax/Sektor/Smoke all in one, cyborg fans should be creaming over this.

Leatherface is great, VERY curious to see his variations....chainsaw, sledge hammer perhaps? A small part of me wished Freddy returned though for obvious reasons.

Aline was a shoe in, again, very curious to see the variants on this one. Guess they had to beef up the body due to the skinny nature of them, not sure why he has the claws though, guessing his convoluted story ending will explain it the same way they did for Freddy having 2 claws.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 04:07 PM   #126
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Word, an alien.

Why does the alien have wrist/arm blades?

If you have watch the trailer carefully then you would know that the Alien is a hybrid of Baraka. When a face hugger capture the face of the host it plant an egg inside the host and over short period of time it start to grow and once it reach to a certain size it can no longer stay inside the host's belly and start forcing it way out. Once the alien is born it is able to mimic the host physical form in some capacity in addition to it own features. In this case a face hugger captured Baraka's face at some point and put him to sleep while planting the egg inside him.

I'm very disappointed with Netherrealm or Ed Boon's decision to go with this. I remember seeing an image posted by Boon showing an alien coming out of a Tarkatan and I thought it was a joke...apparently it isn't. I just wanted the real Baraka to come back. MK is becoming mainstream and the guest characters is getting out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
I like when people try making sense of it, or complain about continuity for that matter.

Anyway, Kombat PAck 2 is hot. Bo Rai Cho is such a great out of left field choice. I know people hated him in the PS2 era, but Midway and NRS are two completely different animals. If Tanya is anything to go by I'm psyched about what they have done to reinvent Bo Rai Cho.

Cyrax/Sektor/Smoke all in one, cyborg fans should be creaming over this.

Leatherface is great, VERY curious to see his variations....chainsaw, sledge hammer perhaps? A small part of me wished Freddy returned though for obvious reasons.

Aline was a shoe in, again, very curious to see the variants on this one. Guess they had to beef up the body due to the skinny nature of them, not sure why he has the claws though, guessing his convoluted story ending will explain it the same way they did for Freddy having 2 claws.
Midway and NRS never had anything to do with each other. Midway is a publisher and NRS is a developer. I think Bo Rai Cho is an interesting addition. Curious to see his variations.

The alien got beef up because it took the form of Baraka. It adopted Baraka's DNA such as his physical form and abilities. In a way we're seeing Baraka in the form of an alien which mean the real Baraka is dead. The Alien vs. Predator match up would obviously be interesting. This is an odd twist because Baraka was killed by D'Vorah in the story mode and that obviously have been altered but alas you can't take any of the character's death seriously.

Tri-Borg is also interesting. I think it's pretty obvious that each variations will mimic the abilities of Cyrax, Sektor, and Smoke. However the addition of the Smoke variation is interesting because this is another odd twist to the story as it seem that NRS decided to go back to the original story instead of sticking to the MK9 story as Smoke never became a robot and it was Sub-Zero who took that spot. Like to see how this plays out.

I disagree with the Leatherface addition as I thought the decision was poor. Leatherface is another mute with a weapon. It would have been a nice addition if we didn't already have Jason. Having another similar character is just a waste of a roster spot. I wasn't too crazy about Jason and I doubt I would jump for Leatherface.

Overall I'm disappointed as I wish NRS had focus on bringing back MK characters especially the ones that were in the story. They could have brought back characters like Rain, Baraka, Sindel, Smoke, Fujin, and others. As I mention earlier the guest characters have gone too far as it seem that NRS have watched too much horror movies.

by the way...what ever happen to the "story pack" Ed Boon mention on his twitter earlier this year??
Old 12-04-2015, 05:33 PM   #127
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

ugh I hate KP2, complete waste, triborg looks OK but the rest look like trash. I cant believe that they only put in one true MK character, and the one character they pick is the one nobody wanted, and they shaft fujin AGAIN after it was clear thats who the fans wanted. Oh well this game kinda sucks anyway, MK9 was about a trillion times better
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:24 AM   #128
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm happy with the new characters. Adding Rain, Baraka, Noob, etc. would have been a bigger waste IMO. This is MKX after all, not MK9 part 2. Just my 2 cents.

In regards to Midway and NRS, Boon had next to nobody questioning the creative decisions being made. It was quite clear he needed second opinions to help mold a better game since 90% of what came out of the PS2 era was trash. A drastically shorter budget didn't help matters either. Some of the designs were good, I'll give them that, but they had the unfortunate luck of debuting in such craptastic engines ala MKDA/MKD/MKA. Tanya and Kenshi are prime examples of this which is why I think crapping all over Bo Rai Cho is kinda silly.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:32 AM   #129
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I played the crap out of MKX for awhile but by the time the last character of the last pack.. (was it Tremor?) Came out I had kind of stopped playing. If I see the 2nd kombat pack on sale I'll maybe DL it and get some more time out of the game. I really liked it but there isn't a whole lot to do if you suck online - which I do.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 11:08 AM   #130
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
I'm happy with the new characters. Adding Rain, Baraka, Noob, etc. would have been a bigger waste IMO. This is MKX after all, not MK9 part 2. Just my 2 cents.
How would adding them be a waste?? Please explain as I'm curious. This is suppose to be all about the MK characters. This isn't some Hollywood movie. I can't say for Noob Saibot since he isn't in MKX at all but how would adding Rain, Baraka, and others be a waste when they are already in the game (story wise)?? Rain for example wasn't in MK9 at all until he was added as a DLC and it made sense because he was/is a MK character. I don't see how adding Baraka would be a waste. If NRS could beef him up like they did with Quan Chi then he would have been a great addition in term of competition. I would love to see him playable. The game would still be "MKX" if they were added. There's no such thing as "MK9 part 2".