Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 12-24-2014, 02:09 AM   #1
WickedlNl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Driveclub

Anyone here picked up the game since launch? I had it from day one and even with the servers issue, I was enjoying the hell out of single player. Now they fixed any online issues and added weather effects which bring up the graphics a whole 'nother level. At this point Driveclub is the best looking racing game out there, Project Cars (PC version) comes very very close though.

Playing it since launch, collected almost every single star and trophy. I still have space for one more member in my club if anyone wants to join. Club name: AeonGaiden

http://i.minus.com/ibdFRTl2ztnisy.gif

http://i.imgur.com/OHkvN9S.gif

And here my vid just to show how crazy the weather can get, you literally cant see anything infront of you, driving just becomes instinct . Insane game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw2MyyRD7nk
WickedlNl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

That looks amazing! I had this reserved before the PS4 launched but then cancelled it because of the delays. I still plan on picking it up. How does it play ? Arcade style like Burnout / Need for speed or Sim like Gran Turismo? One of the reasons why I haven't picked it up yet is because the PS4 doesn't support any of the Logitech wheels . I have a lot of money and time invested in my racing setup. I don't really want to get a new wheel. If the game is more arcadey I won't mind playing with controller.

Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:24 PM   #3
Luminous
Cyclops

Once the weather update was released I instantly pulled the trigger. This game is absolutely gorgeous.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:49 PM   #4
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

was going to pick up the PS+ version (prior to buying the full version), but since their servers are absolute junk and they never will seemingly fix them...oh well, life goes on

looks gorgeous though
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #5
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
was going to pick up the PS+ version (prior to buying the full version), but since their servers are absolute junk and they never will seemingly fix them...oh well, life goes on

looks gorgeous though
OMG they really are horrible...got a couple of games for Christmas and can barely play them...Servers Still Down...
Thank Godness for MS Techs and Servers Xbox was only down for a few hours.

Anyway Sucks because this game looks really good.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:34 PM   #6
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
OMG they really are horrible...got a couple of games for Christmas and can barely play them...Servers Still Down...
Thank Godness for MS Techs and Servers Xbox was only down for a few hours.

Anyway Sucks because this game looks really good.
well the servers are down right now because of the DDoS attacks on Sony's networks...nothing they can really do except wait it out. Of course this has happened numerous times now so you think that Sony would be better prepared...but oh well

I was mostly referring before to the actual Driveclub servers though. They haven't released the PS+ version as their own servers wouldn't be able to handle the load of users (they can barely keep up with the users who actually purchased the game at retail)
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:07 PM   #7
Frankierock
Omega Red

Guess it was more of a Vent on my part...Totally sucks to get games and not be able to play them the way they are made to be played.
For all the that Sony sells, you would think by now they would get servers that could handle all the people who own the system (was a problem with PS3 too) if they want to outdo Microsoft and charge for the service they need to do a much better job. Part of that should be making sure a company does not put out a game that is basically broken since launch.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:39 AM   #8
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I'm more upset because I couldn't play Destiny at all, not just the online portion. It sucks that if my router, modem, internet service or Sony's servers are down I can't play Destiny offline. Luckily my PS3 games don't suffer from such BS.
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 05:51 PM   #9
Y3E
Gen 13

That's one hell of a racing set up Grayfox.

Bought DriveClub when it came out. I haven't played it much but what I did I really like and this game looks beautiful. Even my wife commented how realistic the scenery was and she hates video games.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:02 PM   #10
WickedlNl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox117 View Post
That looks amazing! I had this reserved before the PS4 launched but then cancelled it because of the delays. I still plan on picking it up. How does it play ? Arcade style like Burnout / Need for speed or Sim like Gran Turismo? One of the reasons why I haven't picked it up yet is because the PS4 doesn't support any of the Logitech wheels . I have a lot of money and time invested in my racing setup. I don't really want to get a new wheel. If the game is more arcadey I won't mind playing with controller.

Sorry for the late reply, completely forgot bout this thread :P It is def not a sim like Gran Turismo. I would say its a mix of NFS and GT. You have the real car noise, statistics and horse power mixed with not so harsh penalties if you crash hard but its not a pinball game either like NFS. Dont get me wrong, as a sim, GT is an amazing game, but compared to Driveclub its completely boring :P Great music, speed and progression wheel keeps you coming back for more. The sense of speed is the best I ever experienced and we are still talking about a 30fps game btw.

As for others, servers have been amazing since over a month and a half ago. The game is completely fixed. What happended from the 24th of Dec was not due to their servers but PSN as a whole. That too has been resolved. This is one of those games that from the start had a problem yet over 2 months later it turned into the most talked about racing sim ever.

The developers did the right thing, put out 2 free expansions and discounts on next 2, tons of free events and cars and with the addition of weather, wow. I dont like websites re-reviewing a game as its not fair, it wasnt supposed to be broken in the first place but its getting that attention because they finally nailed everything right.
WickedlNl is offline   Reply With Quote