Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 03-19-2015, 05:20 PM   #51
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Ok, that makes since then, Sharkey. Any idea why they nixed the hyena and sidecar from the final version of the piece?
I haven't heard anything personally, but I can not imagine why. They coulda tossed the price up another $30-50 for it if that was all it was and I don't think anyone would have turned it down, or had it as an optional display piece.

If they add it down the line then I know the missus would be all over it, and I wouldn't mind either considering it looks so nice.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:23 PM   #52
gomur
The Tick

Hyena sidecar was full of "win". Even at an added cost. I would've been tempted to pre-order that AND track down the Catwoman.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #53
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Yeah the hyena and side car would have been cool and like Sharkey said, it wouldn't have added much extra cost to the piece. The $350 price point must be as much as they want to charge for this line which might explain why they nixed it from the final version. It's the only thing that seems to make sense.

Anyway, I have my order in at BBTS for it. I think it's still a great looking piece even without the hyena and sidecar. I read on a couple other sites that are selling it that the ES is set at 5200 which seems extremely high to me especially considering that Catwoman was only 2500. Maybe it's a typo.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:20 PM   #54
Sharkey

WOW! 5200! Yea that seems crazy high even if it is Harley, definitely think someone's fingers were a little fast and switched the 2 and 5.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:42 PM   #55
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I believe most of DC's statues in recent years from other lines (Bombshells, Cover Girls, etc.) have been 5200 pieces. I haven't looked into it but maybe Catwoman's being advertised with the typo at 2500. Maybe someone that owns that piece can confirm what her numbering is.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:47 PM   #56
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
I believe most of DC's statues in recent years from other lines (Bombshells, Cover Girls, etc.) have been 5200 pieces. I haven't looked into it but maybe Catwoman's being advertised with the typo at 2500. Maybe someone that owns that piece can confirm what her numbering is.
I honestly never really look at ES so I can not account for DCC's ES's.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:15 PM   #57
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I wonder how hard it would be to remove the the decal tattoo? Maybe I'll get this and remove the tattoo.

A white vinegar solution might be acidic enough to soften and dissolve the decal adhesive.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:52 PM   #58
Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I wonder how hard it would be to remove the the decal tattoo? Maybe I'll get this and remove the tattoo.

A white vinegar solution might be acidic enough to soften and dissolve the decal adhesive.
Yeah, it's tempting but I'd be scared to death to try it on a $300 statue. I'm just hoping it will grow on me once I have it in hand.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:33 PM   #59
Valkyrie

Removed.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:26 AM   #60
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post

Depends on how they apply it. If they used a setting solution. If they put a top coat on top... I would assume that there would be a glossy clear coat on top. That could become messy.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote