Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 02-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #41
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
my thoughts on STING later...

Does anybody know what happened 10 years ago today in WWE history? (Fairly big deal at the time!)
WCW placed the belt on a complete tool??
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #42
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Is Cena vs The Miz really the main event at Wrestlemania? That's scary. Cena blows. I don't have the words to describe how much Cena sucks and my disdain for his forced push on the viewers. And The Miz? I'm still shocked that he has risen so high in the WWE. It blows my mind. I still remember watching Mike doing "The Miz" on the Real World when The Miz was just a bad impersonation of The Rock.

I was a big Sting mark back in the day and I'd still like to see him in the ring with someone like 'Taker. Can't help it, but I do agree that it's at least ten years late on that one.
I'm shocked as well with the Miz. When WWE brought him in I was like why. He actually grown on me to the point I like the character. His mic skills are great and he does know actual wrestling moves. Only aspect of miz I hate is how cole jocks him all the time.

I would love to see a miz vs rock. They wouldn't even need to fight. Just let them go back and forth on the mic for 2weeks would be good enough.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #43
liamsynclair
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca View Post
I'm shocked as well with the Miz. When WWE brought him in I was like why. He actually grown on me to the point I like the character. His mic skills are great and he does know actual wrestling moves. Only aspect of miz I hate is how cole jocks him all the time.

I would love to see a miz vs rock. They wouldn't even need to fight. Just let them go back and forth on the mic for 2weeks would be good enough.
The Miz...prime example of how catchy catch phrases can make a wrestler...he does know a few moves and I concur with Coca...a "mic off" with the Rock would be show stopping...or at the very least....better than any story line at the moment...The Rock did say he would return this year "if" the story was really written well...great mic presence seems to be a thing of the past (since u have to watch what u say nowadays)...so there's a handful of guys that actually can create a "pop" nowadays...and there aren't any in TNA that's for sure...true Cena might be a halfa$$ charcter but he sure is the WWEs money maker...the ratings are low noe imagine if Cena was no more...get ready to make way for Santino n Koslov!
liamsynclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:06 PM   #44
rychehitman
Galactus

Vince Announced the creation of the XFL on Feb. 3, 2000 and the first kick off was a year later on Feb. 3, 2001.

The Wiki page is a pretty interesting read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFL

The project was not a money loser despite all the claims that it was. Vince made money off the deal, but NBC backed out and he didn't have a tv deal in place.

The XFL did debut quite a bit of game covering technology that revolutionized the way the game was broadcast and the NFL was quick to use as soon as the XFL folded.

What were the worst ideas Vince had that made it easy for people to not take the XFL seriously?

I'd have to say opening the first game with THE ROCK doing a promo.

Vince portraying himself as the Mr. McMahon character when he spoke about the XFL.

Using wresting commentators rather than getting "name" football announcers. ( I had heard that Lawler and Ross recived no additional pay for commentating, but rather a deal for WWE stock)

oh, and strippers as cheerleaders wasnt a good move either.

Other than that, the on field action was decent.

Anyone else remember the XFL?
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #45
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

I remember the XFL well. Destroyed a huge plate of Nachos during the opening game. Really thought it could have worked if tweaked a little, but then I will watch arena football too.

Oh and I liked the strippers, but they did need actual football commentators.
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:46 PM   #46
liamsynclair

guest host Wrestlemania...any guesses?? I dont wanna wait til next week...maybe this is the moment the Rock returns...his movie the Fast Five is done and over so...the millions...........and MILLIONS of Rock fans can only hope
Old 02-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #47
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamsynclair View Post
guest host Wrestlemania...any guesses?? I dont wanna wait til next week...maybe this is the moment the Rock returns...his movie the Fast Five is done and over so...the millions...........and MILLIONS of Rock fans can only hope
that would be amazing.And it would help promote the movie.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #48
liamsynclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca View Post
that would be amazing.And it would help promote the movie.
hell yeah! he can finally put Del Rio in his place...he can give him directions to his Destiny...lol...and then when he gets there...he can shine it up real nice...well u already know!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:13 AM   #49
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

nah.miz can come out and interrupt him.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #50
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post

Vince Announced the creation of the XFL on Feb. 3, 2000 and the first kick off was a year later on Feb. 3, 2001.

The Wiki page is a pretty interesting read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFL

The project was not a money loser despite all the claims that it was. Vince made money off the deal, but NBC backed out and he didn't have a tv deal in place.

The XFL did debut quite a bit of game covering technology that revolutionized the way the game was broadcast and the NFL was quick to use as soon as the XFL folded.

What were the worst ideas Vince had that made it easy for people to not take the XFL seriously?

I'd have to say opening the first game with THE ROCK doing a promo.

Vince portraying himself as the Mr. McMahon character when he spoke about the XFL.

Using wresting commentators rather than getting "name" football announcers. ( I had heard that Lawler and Ross recived no additional pay for commentating, but rather a deal for WWE stock)

oh, and strippers as cheerleaders wasnt a good move either.

Other than that, the on field action was decent.

Anyone else remember the XFL?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinatra VonDoom View Post
I remember the XFL well. Destroyed a huge plate of Nachos during the opening game. Really thought it could have worked if tweaked a little, but then I will watch arena football too.

Oh and I liked the strippers, but they did need actual football commentators.
Actually still have a game ball from A game I went to here in NY (NY/NJ Hitmen)...Doom is right needed some tweaking...
thing that really killed it to me was that every team was owned by one guy..Vince!!
If You want a pro sports Venue to succeed, then you need real owners, so they can sign guys, make trades to try and beat the other teams...Without it it's just an empty game.
It's like playing Monopoly by yourself, your going to win no matter what, so do you really want to watch that? I would bet if he had owners for every team it still might be around today.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote