Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-31-2018, 02:34 PM   #291
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Trapjaw is Jaw Dropping, Pun intended....... Shame these will never come to light. :*(

Thank you for sharing
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 03:20 PM   #292
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I would've purchased a trap-jaw like that. Quite impressive.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:57 PM   #293
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Thanks guys, well some will hate my trapjaw, some will love it. But it certainly would NEVER had been approved by mattel for pcs to do it like that as its way too graphic and gross. But my idea is if you read the comics, Skeletor was brutal and got in a fight with Kronos and literally ripped his arm off and punched and pulled half his face and jaw off. Skeletor left him for dead. It was Tri klops that put him back together and he became Trapjaw. SO my thinking was there would be a savage job done on trapjaw to save his life, and his skin would be either dying or infected big time and I really wanted to have one of his eyes blinded as well. The idea was to make the latex look like silicone, and he achieved that. I have lots of silicone busts, and it look real silicone by the way he painted it. He can do so much better now, but unfortunately he moved on and doesnt have time to do commissions anymore. But it was a fun ride while it lasted. Ill pass on to him that he has some fans.

He also did ALOT of the sculpting of other busts and figures from the robo cop to pretty much painting everything right down to battlecat. He did EVERYTHING at PCS and in my opinion was the best person they had working there full time till he left. My other buddy Brian Wade does or did some part time work for them but just contracting work. MOTU had a great future, but things happened , the contract expired and you guys know the rest. Now sideshow did there own realistic version of MOTU and it was kicking asssss, but they let that one go too, left it to tweeterhead and orko is awesome, Matt Black doing some real good sculpting in that line and now there is NOTHING! What a waste that these companies start a MOTU line, and either through bad charactor choice or too big of a edition number, they think they are not making enough when there are fans out there clamouring for more. Such a shame.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 09:05 PM   #294
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Well since you liked some of his stuff he did for me, here is a rare treat, he would probably kill me for showing this because its from like 12 years ago, before ANYONE had MOTU on thier mind, but he did. Here he was working on a statue of keldor, and two skeletor heads.

He would argue that he can sculpt and paint so much better now, and HE CAN, he is LIGHT YEARS ahead of where he was, but its cool to see an artist grow and what there passions were. This was going to be a 1/3 scale line, but like I said, then he ended up working for PCS and they mentioned they were getting a MOTU licence and thats why he wanted to work for them the most.

But here is some early stuff of his BEFORE he got into the companies. A keldor statue WIP not done yet, the CREEPY Reverend Kane from Polterguiest II and a Nosferotu or how ever you spell it. He had this blood version and a Max Shrek version he did. All this stuff was from over 12 years ago and I can tell you I have some things coming to me that will BLOW peoples minds...........and Im not just saying that. Ive been patient but hopefully soon. Dont want to show anymore as this is a PCS MOTU post. Hopefully they wont delete since this guy pretty much was working on MOTU stuff 80% of the time. Hope you like. Cheers

BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote