Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-06-2018, 06:38 PM   #121
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
From this angle it looks much better.

Let me ask you guys this: Is it not the Rex that is incorrectly proportioned, but the way she is placed on the base that is incorrect? I feel like if it was adjusted slightly it may improve the appearance.

I would love to see how this statue would look if they just turned her on the base a little bit. VickPS, would you be able to do that with your GIF and animation skills?

Watching that video and seeing it from a new angle actually has me wanting it now.
Great pic and angle!! Love this paint job so hope we get a good one on final product....for once.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:41 PM   #122
Gruson
Suicide Squad

They video also makes it look great. I’m going to cave in and order I think. Lol

I wish Paul or someone could confirm there will be NO DOTS on this one. PLEASE!!!! I’d be happy to pay this amount if the paint job looks like the proto. Prime 1 always seems to get theirs done right so talk to their factories?
Old 10-06-2018, 06:58 PM   #123
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
The neck looks a little too long in that edit, but i get where you're going and looks alot better
Thank you, tried again with a neck much shorter than the Papo and the Trasher T-Rex from SWS, and without altering the body.

Quote:
Let me ask you guys this: Is it not the Rex that is incorrectly proportioned, but the way she is placed on the base that is incorrect? I feel like if it was adjusted slightly it may improve the appearance.
Maybe it would improve a bit, but no, i don't think that's the problem.

Quote:
From this angle it looks much better.
Still looks bad to me.
Exaggerated, but anyway:

Quote:
VickPS, would you be able to do that with your GIF and animation skills?
You're always very kind Thorondor, thank you. But i have no skills with editing programs at all, i just know the basics and i'm using free online programs for these which are rushed as hell. It's important, they just have to give the idea and nothing more.

Quote:
Watching that video and seeing it from a new angle actually has me wanting it now.
That's a problem, we want this fixed!

I love most aspects of this statue, but that neck is forcing me to pass HARD like no other Chronicle JP piece.
No way i could look proudly at that thing.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:59 PM   #124
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
They video also makes it look great. I’m going to cave in and order I think. Lol

I wish Paul or someone could confirm there will be NO DOTS on this one. PLEASE!!!! I’d be happy to pay this amount if the paint job looks like the proto. Prime 1 always seems to get theirs done right so talk to their factories?
If im not mistaken, P1 has their own factories. So i dont think that'll happen.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:09 PM   #125
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Will Toynami be producing this one as well? If so, I honestly do not have a whole lot of confidence on the final paint job on this piece.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:47 PM   #126
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Exaggerated, but anyway:

Ugh, seeing a side to side comparison of the statue to the movie screen really hits home that the statue is not acceptable in its current state.

Neck lengthening and head angle adjustment are all needed. Otherwise I fear this one may become known as the great dwarf T-Rex.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:14 PM   #127
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Wow, really? Price is a little higher than I expected(which is why I miss the early bird discount), but it is about the same price as the IS piece with the diorama base. The rotunda is also one scale larger. Sure the base isn't as complicated as the IS one, but comparing it to their lesser quality "half price" bargain one is not fair at all.
Lesser quality “half price” bargain? Nonsense! I completely disagree. The IS T.rex is a fantastic piece and rivals this one for sure in my opinion. And the larger IS diorama has the 2 jeeps, the fence, foliage and the human characters and it’s massive so you get loads more bang for your buck. I’m not saying I don’t like this one from CC, I do quite like it to be fair but this price is greedy and once again it’s where I think they shoot themselves in the foot. Especially with the exceptional level of quality from the competition now.
And setting the price so high after they have failed to nail the rex paint job, twice! Well it just seems crazy to me.
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:16 PM   #128
Gruson
Suicide Squad

I’m curious if Prime 1 will have the banner since they teased the raptor attacking Rexy. I really hope so because I want the final roar scene with banner.

Maybe raptors and banner will both come with it and give you two optional displays?
I’ll be disappointed if Prime 1 doesn’t do this final,scene.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:59 PM   #129
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
I’m curious if Prime 1 will have the banner since they teased the raptor attacking Rexy. I really hope so because I want the final roar scene with banner.

Maybe raptors and banner will both come with it and give you two optional displays?
I’ll be disappointed if Prime 1 doesn’t do this final,scene.
The banner falls after the battle with the raptors. They might throw it in as an extra or something but it wouldn’t be accurate to how the scene plays out
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:08 PM   #130
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
The banner falls after the battle with the raptors. They might throw it in as an extra or something but it wouldn’t be accurate to how the scene plays out
Yeah, I know, didn’t like it that they showed raptor in the tease because realize it probably wouldn’t be banner scene. Just hoping it is....