Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-04-2018, 03:55 PM   #41
ChrisLikesDinos
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Not a fan. They seem to have referenced the animatronic and 1:5th head, and it doesn't have her more angular look from the scene with the CG model. It just looks off, with an amalgamation of reference models.

The piece is a fantastic size though, and is sure to catch eyes.
ChrisLikesDinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:21 PM   #42
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Watched some videos of it and like it even more now. Sounds like maybe an exclusive or surprise is coming tomorrow too.

I’ll be ordering and praying the paint job is finally good on Rexy.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:41 PM   #43
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
Truthfully, I'm not about the size. I would have been ok if this had been the same size as the breakout. When you see how big this is, it just makes you want it.

Not sure how I feel about all these releases being in different scales. Usually, it doesn't bother me, but they're all over the place. If the P1 is going to be 1/8, then I want their Brach to be 1/8 too. I think it will still fit in the room.
Im the same I need things in scale. It seems like Prime 1 is doing 1/6 for all raptors in the "museum" line and 1/15 for the bigger dinos, rex, brach, spino, tric etc in the museum line.

These other pieces like the rotunda and any other scene they choose to do might be all over the place. Collecting and ordering these is taking a lot more planning as a result with calculated choices if you want things in scale.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:49 PM   #44
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

something seems off about the pose, it looks more like the moment at the end of Fallen Kingdom where they had the Rex mimic the same pose from JP, I remember seeing that moment in Fallen Kingdom and thinking that the CGI looked bad
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:02 PM   #45
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It’s an eye catching piece that’s for sure. Anybody else notice how they totally copied the Prime 1 Studios base designs? �� Chronicle have clearly upped their game since the competition turned up but they have yet to nail the rex’s paint job on the final products. I won’t be taking a gamble on this but I will be watching with interest.
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:37 PM   #46
wpmedia
Fantastic Four

The Facebook Live has a 360 around the Rex starting at 4:25

https://www.facebook.com/chronicleco...7882281337244/

I'm so excited for this omg!!!
wpmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:40 PM   #47
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Looks awesome and nice size too! Would’ve definitely been interested in ordering but the loss of the preorder discount means ordering direct is not an option and by the time it goes up for sale here the price will be massively jacked up, and I’m only willing to spend a lot of money when I’m guaranteed quality.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:49 PM   #48
clutch
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLikesDinos View Post
Not a fan. They seem to have referenced the animatronic and 1:5th head, and it doesn't have her more angular look from the scene with the CG model. It just looks off, with an amalgamation of reference models.

The piece is a fantastic size though, and is sure to catch eyes.
So you want it to look like bad cgi. I thought that scene was the weakest as far as the T-rex goes. I believe it was rushed as well because they needed a better ending.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:10 PM   #49
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Need better pics of the statue. As shown now, the animal looks to be in pain with dislocated joints. Perhaps the distortions are a result of bad photography. Waiting to see what Prime 1's got in store for their Rexy.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:10 PM   #50
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
So you want it to look like bad cgi. I thought that scene was the weakest as far as the T-rex goes. I believe it was rushed as well because they needed a better ending.
But they literally changed the ending just to have more of CG Rex.

Anyway, don't take it too seriously (especially the hump) because it's a rushed job:

But this model definitely needs some work.

Proportions/pose aside though, i love everything about this Rex.
VickPS is online now   Reply With Quote