Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #1761
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye318 View Post
Well, I don't think Jerry can solve all problems, like my Mumm Ra, ss don't even replace it's head since they said they don't have no more replacement for sold out item, they offer me a full refund or partial refund.....what if it happen to this statue?

This piece isn't even sold out, so I don't think most people will have an issue getting a replacement if they want one. I don't know if I would bother, though...if the packaging is the issue the replacement has a good chance of having similar problems.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #1762
WarMachine714
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
This piece isn't even sold out, so I don't think most people will have an issue getting a replacement if they want one. I don't know if I would bother, though...if the packaging is the issue the replacement has a good chance of having similar problems.
Not sure about that. Jye said his Mumm Ra wasn't replaceable and the EX is in stock. I don't think SS likes sending a whole new statue as a replacement
WarMachine714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #1763
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine714 View Post
Not sure about that. Jye said his Mumm Ra wasn't replaceable and the EX is in stock. I don't think SS likes sending a whole new statue as a replacement
Maybe because it's not an SS product, but just a distributed one? I dunno, just guessing.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #1764
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
The paint does look really dull, kinda makes it look like plastic i guess? Like somebody said, expected it to pop more. Not a huge issue for me as final products often don't look as good as they do on the box (I'm sure there is some touching up done to the pics for boxes). I'm much more concerned about the broken pieces.
Yeah broken pieces is my main concern at this point.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #1765
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcEMaN_BeckeR View Post
I don't think it looks bad I know I couldn't paint anything remotely close to that!!
Huh?Thats why we pay good money for someone else to do it .
Old 04-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #1766
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
Maybe because it's not an SS product, but just a distributed one? I dunno, just guessing.
Whatever we buy from ss, they should do it for us, now my ex head doesnt light on and ex has been sold out already, so what am I gonna do? I do want the ex, so I took $30 refund and the damage head.
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #1767
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye318 View Post
Whatever we buy from ss, they should do it for us, now my ex head doesnt light on and ex has been sold out already, so what am I gonna do? I do want the ex, so I took $30 refund and the damage head.
this hobby is quickly becoming a black hole as the years go by.Mo money mo problems.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:31 AM   #1768
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerFly View Post
I would cancel this if you have the opportunity.

Mine came in completely broken in half, I'm sure due to the absolutely terrible packaging, and the magnet also popped out of the torso, like the others are saying.

The paint, while clean, is just lackluster. All the deep black and bright gold colors are dull and lifeless.. washed out looking. The lava paint is horrific in color (think 'corny').

Everything about this statue screams cheap to me.

Sorry Jerry, I really wanted to give it a chance, but this is the worst product I've ever purchased through Sideshow. The concept and sculpt are good, but the execution is just poor.
I dont want to compound the complaints, but see, this is why

TAKING TOO LONG TO RELEASE STATUES OR KEEP THE PUBLIC INTEREST IS BAAAAADDDDD!!!

I mean really, really bad. I said it once, and I will say it again....waiting too long to bring out a statue, horrible packaging, perfectionism (which nothing ever is), can hamper a product.

In the meantime, let's hope only a few of these from the unfortuante few that got theirs already are the only problems. Hopefully, the majority of the shipped statues won't arrive in less than very good condition.

Word to the wise....DONT SKIMP ON PACKAGING! Please!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #1769
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebohawk View Post
Wow some guys really like to kick the fallen I'm just saying every time theres a new PCS piece or even a preview there's always drama this it's getting really old no wonder Jerry don't post so much lately
Ive said this before a hundred times on this forum, but I would never post here. Too much drama, too many crybabies, too many people they can do something better than the sculptor or painter that did it....wha wha wha.

Now before everyone jumps down my throat, I am not saying no one should not complain, as it seems to have many problems with it. But honestly, this seems mostly due to packaging issues from what I have seen and heard so far.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:49 AM   #1770
Vaako
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
this hobby is quickly becoming a black hole as the years go by.Mo money mo problems.

prices are going up but product quality went down , plus shipping cost went up and they are saving on packaging material too
Vaako is offline   Reply With Quote