Aphrodite IX by Clayburn Moore.

Aphrodite IX Statue
Released by: Moore Creations Aug 2001
Sculptured by: Clayburn Moore
Based on designs by:
Material: Cold Cast Porcelain
Limited to 4.000
Original retail price: USD 175

The mysterious Aphrodite IX, dressed to kill in bandoleer, armored boots, and mini-skirt. 12” tall.

Never really paid much attention to this statue as I know nothing about the character. Did notice that it tends to show up regularly in peoples top pieces in their collections. The clearer pictures from its current auction on E-bay show me why.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:58 PM   #2
BobaFett02
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This is my MOST WANTED Statue!.... but being in the UK it costs a absolute fortune to get hold of..

any donations?
BobaFett02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:05 PM   #3
Statuesmatchoos

Thanks for posting this for me Frank!
Statuesmatchoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:34 PM   #4
comicbkguy
Sculptor
Sculptor

Oh man this brings back bad memories. This was the first full sized piece I molded and cast. It was a disaster. I know she is beautiful and all, but it just looks like a disaster to me. Thanks to my lack of experience there is a pretty major flaw on this piece, but I have never heard anyone mention it. Anyone care to guess what it is? Had nothing to do with Clay, it was all in the way I handled the casting. Also we thinned out the skirt so that it was nice and light and flowing, then the factory went back in and added a bunch of material so that it was nice and clunky again. Just little things that still drive me crazy, they shouldn't affect what you guys think of her at all.
comicbkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:40 PM   #5
Weapon X
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I like this one.......... I wouldn't mind having it in my collection.
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:57 PM   #6
Wicked
Doh!

My one came from the same seller. I also have one of three of these pieces. This is one awesome statue. The paint job on this piece is one of the best.
Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 05:02 PM   #7
Supple69
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicbkguy
Oh man this brings back bad memories. This was the first full sized piece I molded and cast. It was a disaster. I know she is beautiful and all, but it just looks like a disaster to me. Thanks to my lack of experience there is a pretty major flaw on this piece, but I have never heard anyone mention it. Anyone care to guess what it is? Had nothing to do with Clay, it was all in the way I handled the casting. Also we thinned out the skirt so that it was nice and light and flowing, then the factory went back in and added a bunch of material so that it was nice and clunky again. Just little things that still drive me crazy, they shouldn't affect what you guys think of her at all.
You've got me intrigued, what's the major flaw. I have that piece in my office and it looks like perfection to me. Easily the best comic book statue I've ever seen.
Supple69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 05:26 PM   #8
Gir
Death is hereditary.

Sweet statue...is the comic any good?
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 05:54 PM   #9
Twoguns-Crowley
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicbkguy
Umm....her butt is too perfect!
Twoguns-Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:21 PM   #10
BobaFett02

go on tell us.... i couldnt guess. i spent ages looking at the pics.. and all i see is something i cannot afford and want really bad! :
BobaFett02 is offline   Reply With Quote