Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 06-15-2005, 06:28 PM   #11
Twoguns-Crowley
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobaFett02
go on tell us.... i couldnt guess. i spent ages looking at the pics.. and all i see is something i cannot afford and want really bad! :
Same here! My untrained eyes doesn't see anything except a statue I would like to see on my shelf.
Twoguns-Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:28 PM   #12
mitthrawnuruondo
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

WOW i am awed,that is freaking amazing,sweet,now i must find one. i remember the comic ,wow was that book ever delayed.by the time issue 2 showed up i forgot i was reading the series.but that statue is a work of art.
mitthrawnuruondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:34 PM   #13
BobbyW
The Beast

I love this statue and it's one of my all time favorites! I bought mine from Paul and received #5. I'm hoping Clayburn Moore will release more full-sized statues that match the beauty of this one
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:23 PM   #14
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I got sniped on this one about a year ago for $277 within the last minute. If I ever find the #$@%^ that did it

I think it's around $600 or so these days. I was worried about the wife seeing this one come in anyway. We'll get around to it eventually.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 10:39 PM   #15
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

It's a beautiful statue!
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:31 AM   #16
leks
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicbkguy
Oh man this brings back bad memories. This was the first full sized piece I molded and cast. It was a disaster. I know she is beautiful and all, but it just looks like a disaster to me. Thanks to my lack of experience there is a pretty major flaw on this piece, but I have never heard anyone mention it. Anyone care to guess what it is? Had nothing to do with Clay, it was all in the way I handled the casting. Also we thinned out the skirt so that it was nice and light and flowing, then the factory went back in and added a bunch of material so that it was nice and clunky again. Just little things that still drive me crazy, they shouldn't affect what you guys think of her at all.
Wow after reading this I am actually relieved now I don't own this baby. Iam going to take her off my list asap. Haha you suckers pay top dollar for a faulty statue, man that's just...

Now let's wait and see if someone falls for this and sells me one for cheap
leks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:52 AM   #17
BobaFett02
A day without sunshine is like... night.

haha Nice one Leks
BobaFett02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 10:10 AM   #18
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

I like this one also!!!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 01:23 PM   #19
Supple69
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicbkguy
Oh man this brings back bad memories. This was the first full sized piece I molded and cast. It was a disaster. I know she is beautiful and all, but it just looks like a disaster to me. Thanks to my lack of experience there is a pretty major flaw on this piece, but I have never heard anyone mention it. Anyone care to guess what it is? Had nothing to do with Clay, it was all in the way I handled the casting. Also we thinned out the skirt so that it was nice and light and flowing, then the factory went back in and added a bunch of material so that it was nice and clunky again. Just little things that still drive me crazy, they shouldn't affect what you guys think of her at all.
You sure you're not reeling us in? I have now spent the last couple of days looking at this statue very closely and I can't see anything wrong with it. In fact the more I study it the more I appreciate the work that went into it.
Supple69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 06:55 PM   #20
mitthrawnuruondo
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

holy cow,i was in the running till the last 10 minutes.thats a lot of dough
mitthrawnuruondo is offline   Reply With Quote