Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #21
7omous

the custom necklace ive seen on some of the other shin akumas looks awesome, i read somewhere that a member on this forum makes them.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #22
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Probably his stupid face....
Hey come on now i don't see anything wrong with my Kens face! Erick Sosa sculpted it and I think he did a great job!
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #23
Hercules75
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyester View Post
Actually I just checked the PM's and it was $1500 I paid shipped but I am in the EU and he came from the US so fair enough. Yip your right I was on the fence for a while but I ended up getting the price right down .. do the math $2500 for a piece with a COA that's left in the box or $1500 for the exact same piece with no COA??

I know that I could never justify over 2G's but at that price it was a goer. With your wording above are you saying that I paid extremely expensive? I would disagree I thought I got a great deal. If the seller (respected member here) was able to replicate the statue, art print & packaging right down to the crap styrofoam then good on them and they deserve the $$ for their hard work

For me he fills the missing gap in my SF PF's at what I believe to be a decent price. As I mentioned in another post one mans reasonable is another mans completely unacceptable. I shall let you make your own decision on fake or not with the below pics

On a side note Jerry offered to sign a COA for me if I could get a blank. If anyone here has a Shin and would be kind enough to scan their COA for me with white paper over your own number of ES and Jerry's signature to blank it out then send me a PM. That way I can print and send it to Jerry who said he will number, sign and return it which would be cool
Hmmm its very hard to tell if its genuine from the pics..Ask Jerry, he'd probably be able to distinguish a fake from an authentic piece..If its a fake/recast, its extremely well made, for sure!
I still find it extremely suspicious and implausible that these Shins are suddenly appearing on ebay without the COA. How in the world did these sellers manage to mysteriously lose specifically the COA of all things!?
Did you ask your seller why his COA mysteriously vanish? Did someone "cast an evil spell and made it disappear"? Did it "fly out of the window"? Please don't tell me "his dog ate it"?
I'd be real curious to hear his excuse for the missing COA before buying his Shin for 6x the retail cost!
Hercules75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #24
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
And to think I didn't make a good buy in Cammy.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #25
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueHunter75 View Post
Hey come on now i don't see anything wrong with my Kens face! Erick Sosa sculpted it and I think he did a great job!
He did originally but it was changed by Jerry. You can tell which pieces Jerry did from the way he sculpts hair and faces.

I'm not bashing him, just observation.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #26
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules75 View Post
Hmmm its very hard to tell if its genuine from the pics..Ask Jerry, he'd probably be able to distinguish a fake from an authentic piece..If its a fake/recast, its extremely well made, for sure!
I still find it extremely suspicious and implausible that these Shins are suddenly appearing on ebay without the COA. How in the world did these sellers manage to mysteriously lose specifically the COA of all things!?
Did you ask your seller why his COA mysteriously vanish? Did someone "cast an evil spell and made it disappear"? Did it "fly out of the window"? Please don't tell me "his dog ate it"?
I'd be real curious to hear his excuse for the missing COA before buying his Shin for 6x the retail cost!
Lol I dont need you to to verify its genuine nor do I require your purchasing advice. It's authentic there's no doubt about that but thanks for your concern anyway
Jyester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #27
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Lol I dont need you to to verify its genuine nor do I require your purchasing advice. It's authentic there's no doubt about that but thanks for your concern anyway
Am I being naive when I say the COA must be the easiest thing to fake? Even I could do it....but I couldn't fake the statue.

Am I missing something??
I know I'm new to collecting PCS statues but if I was going to fake them I wouldn't go to all the effort and not do the COA.

So I guess I'm perplexed by the paranoia surrounding statues without the COA.
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #28
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Why were only 400 made? It would be pretty good (for me!) if they decided to make the remaining 200....!!
Hey M, take a look here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
The ES was 600 but I didnt make anywhere near that many. It was a new line and not many people knew about it.

i honestly dont remember how many were made but it was less than 400
Jerry also stated he won't make the rest of them. That's why he wrote 400 (maximum) and also why Akuma is so hard to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Yes that is what Im saying but no i wont be going back into production on it. It would really screw up the market and with people paying $1500 for these things I dont think it would be fair.
Christina
akumalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #29
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Actually I just checked the PM's and it was $1500 I paid shipped but I am in the EU and he came from the US so fair enough. Yip your right I was on the fence for a while but I ended up getting the price right down .. do the math $2500 for a piece with a COA that's left in the box or $1500 for the exact same piece with no COA??

I know that I could never justify over 2G's but at that price it was a goer. With your wording above are you saying that I paid extremely expensive? I would disagree I thought I got a great deal. If the seller (respected member here) was able to replicate the statue, art print & packaging right down to the crap styrofoam then good on them and they deserve the $$ for their hard work

For me he fills the missing gap in my SF PF's at what I believe to be a decent price. As I mentioned in another post one mans reasonable is another mans completely unacceptable. I shall let you make your own decision on fake or not with the below pics

On a side note Jerry offered to sign a COA for me if I could get a blank. If anyone here has a Shin and would be kind enough to scan their COA for me with white paper over your own number of ES and Jerry's signature to blank it out then send me a PM. That way I can print and send it to Jerry who said he will number, sign and return it which would be cool
Yours looks very legit to me. I can even see the attempts to remove the colour from the beads on his chest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7omous View Post
the custom necklace ive seen on some of the other shin akumas looks awesome, i read somewhere that a member on this forum makes them.
Andrew was the one that made the nice necklaces, they are REALLY REALLY well done. I love them!

Christina
akumalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #30
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Am I being naive when I say the COA must be the easiest thing to fake? Even I could do it....but I couldn't fake the statue.

Am I missing something??
I know I'm new to collecting PCS statues but if I was going to fake them I wouldn't go to all the effort and not do the COA.

So I guess I'm perplexed by the paranoia surrounding statues without the COA.
Your missing nothing I agree 100% the C.O.A is for sure the easiest part to bootleg. It's important of course but not essential to enjoy the piece in your collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumalove View Post
Yours looks very legit to me. I can even see the attempts to remove the colour from the beads on his chest.
Christina
Exactly and from an Akuma expert like yourself if I wasn't 100% sure before I am now
Jyester is offline   Reply With Quote