Damn you Aussies.
Can't wait to see it
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:01 AM   #42
Dark_Knight_89
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Do you think depressing makes a movie bad? Not that I've seen this movie but I was just wonderin'.
No I don't believe depressing films are neccessarily poor films. Like many have said if a film can have any emotional effect on you then it's done a good job. I also recently watched One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest which I thought was outstanding (10/10) and that film throws a mixture of highs and lows at you.

I just found seven pounds to be a poor movie, which was disappointing after the Pursuit of Happiness IMO.
Dark_Knight_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:29 AM   #43
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
How did you find the picture and sound on this one? one of my favourite war films so i will deffo pick it up soon but iv heard mixed thoughts....
I couldn't let it cut loose with both barrels on my theater system, since my entertainment room is right under our bedroom and my wife was asleep already when I played it, but the picture quality was great for (what I believe) is one of first round of Blu-Rays that was released... nothing was garbled or muffled to the point where I couldn't understand it, and it had fun with my satellite speakers at the low volume I kept it at. This will definitely put your theater system through its paces.. a very audio-friendly movie.

The color might be a LITTLE off, but you'd really have to nit-pick to even notice that.... and half the film takes place at night, so.. that's hardly fair. Being able to see the damned sweat on the soldiers is crazy, though.

I know for a fact the special features will entertain me for quite some time.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:55 AM   #44
DeKind
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
The ending for the film was great. The books ending was crap, boring and cliche.
great? noted. if we're ever in the car running from a bunch of monsters i'll remember to shoot you then i'll keep fighting for my life. If im gonna die then i'll die but im not gonna puss out, i'll die tryin!

and that "twist" was far from original.
DeKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:54 AM   #45
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKind View Post
great? noted. if we're ever in the car running from a bunch of monsters i'll remember to shoot you then i'll keep fighting for my life. If im gonna die then i'll die but im not gonna puss out, i'll die tryin!

I think you may have missed the point . . . the movie was supposed to be about what happens to people and how they lose it when things start to go bad, which includes what happens in the end. It's not supposed to be about some hero going out in a blaze of glory . . . that would have been very far from original IMO.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:13 AM   #46
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:

First of all, I never said it was a twist or original, I just said it was great, it was unexpected and that's something that's missing from most movies these days. I left the cinema thinking 'what the f*ck?' and I liked that.
And it's just a movie. I also enjoyed Silence of the Lambs, you wanna throw me in some ditch and make me rub lotion on my skin too?
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #47
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
ed: SPOILER ALERT great? noted. if we're ever in the car running from a bunch of monsters i'll remember to shoot you then i'll keep fighting for my life. If im gonna die then i'll die but im not gonna puss out, i'll die tryin!

I've seen this movie so I'm really unaffected but this may warrant a spoilers alert
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #48
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Just bought "Black Hawk Down" on Blu-Ray, and watched it for the first time. As far as war movies go, it's a 10 out of 10. As I said elsewhere, it efficiently illustrates how monstrous modern warfare can be. Excellent portrayal of horrifying subject matter.
Great movie! I'd give 9/10!

Tom Sizemore's awesome in this... BAMF.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #49
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
I've seen this movie so I'm really unaffected but this may warrant a spoilers alert

Er yeah, totally...the thread title is pretty specific...
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #50
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
I couldn't let it cut loose with both barrels on my theater system, since my entertainment room is right under our bedroom and my wife was asleep already when I played it, but the picture quality was great for (what I believe) is one of first round of Blu-Rays that was released... nothing was garbled or muffled to the point where I couldn't understand it, and it had fun with my satellite speakers at the low volume I kept it at. This will definitely put your theater system through its paces.. a very audio-friendly movie.

The color might be a LITTLE off, but you'd really have to nit-pick to even notice that.... and half the film takes place at night, so.. that's hardly fair. Being able to see the damned sweat on the soldiers is crazy, though.

I know for a fact the special features will entertain me for quite some time.
Thank you, i shal deffinately pick it up as soon as my new tv arrives... i picked up a sony bravia 40w5500 a couple weeks back and its packed in already so i have no tv cant get a replacement either as they have been phased out so im going to pick up a samsung LED 7000 series and a set of decent speakers i think. Oh and just to change the subject a minute, If it's audio quality your after to test your set up, have you tried Terminator 2: skynet edition? that thing blew me away on just the sony's internal speakers!!!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote