Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-22-2017, 05:58 PM   #31
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Ordered the staff of Saruman as well. I've got the long sold out staff's of Radagast and Gandalf so I wanted to complete the set. At $175 [30% off] plus $25 shipping I figured it was now or never, esp with it being at low stock status. And.....I earned $26 Weta dollars as well. They had the exact same deal last year [$175] but the shipping was $65 so I passed, and I'm glad I did.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:07 PM   #32
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Nice additions!

Since I'm returning my War Troll for a refund I went a little wild on the BF sale since that $$ covers 75% of this. Here's what I got...
  • Lurtz/Boromir
  • Witch-King/Azog
  • Bofur/Ori
  • Orc Soldier w/free Helm
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:45 PM   #33
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Nice additions!

Since I'm returning my War Troll for a refund I went a little wild on the BF sale since that $$ covers 75% of this. Here's what I got...
  • Lurtz/Boromir
  • Witch-King/Azog
  • Bofur/Ori
  • Orc Soldier w/free Helm
Nice haul. That 1K refund is definitely going to help. My War Troll arrives in a few days, but I'm thinking of returning it as well. I'm just not paying 1K for a statue when the paint app's on the proto differ significantly from the final product.

Considering the fact your getting 6 statues [Lurtz, Boromir, WK, Azog, Bofur, and Ori - great choice given the ES and low stock statue] for the price of the War Troll I'd say you're getting a tremendous deal.

The orc soldier is a really nice choice as well. I got mine a few months and although the free helm is nice, it's not anything I'll lose any sleep over missing out on. You will have to do some touch up work on it though. For some reason the factory painters decided to paint his hair [back of the head and sideburns] the same pinkish color on his face and neck. You won't hear that on the Weta forum, then again, it's hard to see these things when you're wearing rose-colored glasses.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:52 PM   #34
FROBAY
Phoenix

Yay.

I got the Saruman staff to complete my staff collection. The staff was also $25 to ship.

And

Lurtz & Azog for 399.00, they were $33 each to ship.

My Cave Troll arrives any minute.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:29 PM   #35
travis
A.I.M.

Got Saruman and Lurtz
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:54 PM   #36
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
Nice haul. That 1K refund is definitely going to help. My War Troll arrives in a few days, but I'm thinking of returning it as well. I'm just not paying 1K for a statue when the paint app's on the proto differ from the final product.

Considering the fact your getting 6 statues [Lurtz, Boromir, WK, Azog, Bofur, and Ori - great choice given the ES and low stock statue] for the price of the War Troll I'd say you're getting a tremendous deal.

The orc soldier is a really nice choice as well. I got mine a few months and although the free helm is nice, it's not anything I'll lose any sleep over missing out on. You will have to do some touch up work on it though. For some reason the factory painters decided to paint his hair [back of the head and sideburns] the same pinkish color on his face and neck. You won't hear that on the Weta forum, then again, it's hard to see these things when you're wearing rose-colored glasses.
Thanks. I’m pretty excited for all of them. No way 1 Troll beats 6 statues.

I’m aware of the paint problem on the Orc Soldier. Kind of boggles the mind how that happened. Regardless I really like this piece and there aren’t a ton of them left so it felt like the time was right to strike. As for the helm... I’ll be selling it to offset some of the Orc’s cost. Not a huge savings but it’s something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Yay.

I got the Saruman staff to complete my staff collection. The staff was also $25 to ship.

And

Lurtz & Azog for 399.00, they were $33 each to ship.
Great choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
Got Saruman and Lurtz
Lurtz for everyone.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:30 AM   #37
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I can't believe they’re unloading the Balrog for $250 in that Flash sale. Easily one of my very favorite Weta pieces. I paid retail and feel it was worth every penny. Any LOTR/Weta fan that doesn’t own it and isn’t picking this up now should turn in their collecting card!
Old 11-23-2017, 12:32 AM   #38
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:

Lurtz for everyone.
I picked up Lurtz and Boromir when they were available as a set with matching numbers. The matching numbers are nice with an ES of 100, but I think I'd rather have non-matching numbers, a higher ES and 200 extra dollars in my pocket.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:49 AM   #39
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
I can't believe they’re unloading the Balrog for $250 in that Flash sale. Easily one of my very favorite Weta pieces. I paid retail and feel it was worth every penny. Any LOTR/Weta fan that doesn’t own it and isn’t picking this up now should turn in their collecting card!
I suspect there will be a limited amount of these available. I too paid retail for the Balrog and that's exactly why I no longer pay retail from Weta unless absolutely necessary. On a positive note, I'm looking forward to next years event when I snag the Fell Beast bust, Thorin on Throne, the Torturer of Dol Guldur and the Ringwraith of Forod. Given the fact we know these monster sales are coming, it's beyond me why anyone would willing pay retail anymore.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:54 AM   #40
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
I picked up Lurtz and Boromir when they were available as a set with matching numbers. The matching numbers are nice with an ES of 100, but I think I'd rather have non-matching numbers, a higher ES and 200 extra dollars in my pocket.
Yeah me too. Numbers (matching, low etc.) are cool but nothing I’d pay extra for personally. It’s kind of like owning an exclusive version of something when the ex isn’t anything you care about just because it’s “The Exclusive!”

That said we all have our pieces we’ve paid retail or close to retail for only to see them hit bargain prices at a later date. Case in point the $250 Balrog.