Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-28-2023, 06:30 PM   #51
jawa70
Doh!

Seems like I'm in the minority but Barda is my least wanted of these. For Cyborg I'd want a Perez version. My favorites are Firestorm and Blue Beetle, but I voted Firestorm.
jawa70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 12:02 PM   #52
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I wonder if depending on the amount of votes, they will still do most of them just at different date and times.

Like if the top two get almost the same amount of votes will they still do the runner up just the following year? Or will the votes just determine the order of release ?

I don't care for Barda, but if Grundy wins just by a few votes, i'd still want fans of Barda to get a bust made and would make sense if there is almost equal interest.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 01:27 PM   #53
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Are there any plans to make a 1/6 scale Lobo statue from Tweeterhead? Does anyone know?
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 02:09 PM   #54
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I would hope that maybe the top two get made and the other three get out of the voter pool.

Or maybe just carry over the third vote carrier and toss them into a pool with four new characters. Variety is the spice of life.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 02:51 PM   #55
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

When are the results being announced?
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 03:38 PM   #56
aadroban
Birdman

They'll make what they think can sell regardless of what a poll shows. It would have been more instructive if a second attractive female had been in the poll alongside Barda to get a better handle on her actual popularity. But I suspect they went with this broad range of choices for the first poll to see what generally interests collectors. And who knows how many of the voters will be committed to purchase once the sculpt of the winner is shown and some time has passed. I mean that's the real game right? Not a poll. But if there is a sizable chunk of votes for the second place or lower ranked choices, I'm sure they would at least have to consider them for a slot down the road. In this case, I suspect Barda, Grundy and Firestorm are locks to be created in the next couple of years.

Superman has been an interesting case so far. Sold over 75% according to them within a day yet still has not sold out some two weeks later. Low edition size, lots of positive buzz, fair cost, great sculpt . . and is still available. So that's a little surprising.
Let's see how more obscure characters do.
aadroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 03:41 PM   #57
aadroban
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
When are the results being announced?
Hopefully right after the polls close tomorrow at noon Pacific.
aadroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 04:04 PM   #58
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadroban View Post
They'll make what they think can sell regardless of what a poll shows. It would have been more instructive if a second attractive female had been in the poll alongside Barda to get a better handle on her actual popularity. But I suspect they went with this broad range of choices for the first poll to see what generally interests collectors. And who knows how many of the voters will be committed to purchase once the sculpt of the winner is shown and some time has passed. I mean that's the real game right? Not a poll. But if there is a sizable chunk of votes for the second place or lower ranked choices, I'm sure they would at least have to consider them for a slot down the road. In this case, I suspect Barda, Grundy and Firestorm are locks to be created in the next couple of years.

Superman has been an interesting case so far. Sold over 75% according to them within a day yet still has not sold out some two weeks later. Low edition size, lots of positive buzz, fair cost, great sculpt . . and is still available. So that's a little surprising.
I also thought about buyers versus poll takers. I certainly would not make any of these busts in high numbers, even if the character seems to be a slam dunk in popularity.

And FTR, I don’t think Superman is nearly as popular as TH thinks he is. I don?t know if a single person who goes to my comic shop that reads Superman comics or even talks about the character. I think TH is relying on a certain vintage set of Superman lovers to sell this piece.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 04:15 PM   #59
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadroban View Post

It honestly doesn't surprise me at all. A large portion of collector's don't collect busts. Also, we've seen in the past where Tweeterhead has claimed that they want to make a huge line of characters at a certain affordable price point. It happened with the 2.0 Superman. That affordable price point didn't last past one or two releases. And the line has slowed down considerably as well. I expect the same thing to happen to this bust line.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 06:12 PM   #60
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
It honestly doesn't surprise me at all. A large portion of collector's don't collect busts. Also, we've seen in the past where Tweeterhead has claimed that they want to make a huge line of characters at a certain affordable price point. It happened with the 2.0 Superman. That affordable price point didn't last past one or two releases. And the line has slowed down considerably as well. I expect the same thing to happen to this bust line.
Exactly. I think this line is d.o.a, unfortunately.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote